Japanese Restaurants Near Soi Nana

GuyDow

Can anyone out there suggest a Japanese restaurant in the Soi Nana area. Given the number of eateries in the area there probably is one, I just haven't been able to locate it.

I know there are such places up near the Emporium but I can't be bothered trekking out there.

Any suggestions most gratefully received.

Your laziness in not wanting to go to the Emporium is as nothing compared with the laziness of the posters here who can't be bothered to read past the first line of your post :rolleyes:.

I think there is one on the Landmark between soi 4 and the BTS - might be expensive though. Have looked for affordable ones ourselves and not found anything between Central World to the West and soi 22 to the East. Usually end up in Fuji in Siam Centre.

Hey santi: me thinks siam square is actually not as close as emporium. But I guess you figured that while the op is too lazy to venture to emporium, he might be too lazy to venture to siam square ;)

Suggestion to op: get out your tv guide and order oishi

Your laziness in not wanting to go to the Emporium is as nothing compared with the laziness of the posters here who can't be bothered to read past the first line of your post :rolleyes:.

I think there is one on the Landmark between soi 4 and the BTS - might be expensive though. Have looked for affordable ones ourselves and not found anything between Central World to the West and soi 22 to the East. Usually end up in Fuji in Siam Centre.

There is one in the basement of the Ploenchit Centre called Rengaya Robata. It's OK but nothing special. It's also dead in the evenings.

There is also one about 200 metres into Soi 11 on the right (don't know the name) but I wouldn't recommend this one.

Interested to hear you've had no more luck than I on this one. Looks like I'll be giving Fuji in Siam Paragon a visit.

Edited by GuyDow

>snip<

There is also one about 200 metres into Soi 11 on the right (don't know the name) but I wouldn't recommend this one.

Interested to hear you've had no more luck than I on this one. Looks like I'll be giving Fuji in Siam Paragon a visit.

Disregard the above.

This one on soi 11 is the only genuine Japanese restaurant in the area. It's the only one with an almost exclusively Japanese clientele. And it shows-- very high quality product. Not that expensive.

>snip<

Disregard the above.

This one on soi 11 is the only genuine Japanese restaurant in the area. It's the only one with an almost exclusively Japanese clientele. And it shows-- very high quality product. Not that expensive.

Good to know - will try in a couple of weeks when next in BKK.

The Japanese choices in the Marriott and Landmark hotels on Suk Road are going to be a nice setting but very pricey....

I also think a better choice, unless you're on a corporate expense account, is the Uzuki restaurant referred to above on Suk Soi 11, just about 300 meters into the soi on the right hand side... Soi 11 is where the Nana BTS station is located...

I've eaten there before, and a lot of Japanese do as well... It's not great IMHO as a real Japanese food lover... but it's certainly better than average, and more of a real Japanese style restaurant with a full range menu, as opposed to a Thai doing Japanese type place.

post-53787-0-23809400-1296392833_thumb.j

post-53787-0-81351000-1296392831_thumb.j

For whatever reason, outside of the 5 star hotel places, there aren't a lot of Japanese food choices around the Nana area... The main concentrations instead are around Saladaeng/Patpong and Emporium/Suk 24 and 31 areas. Both easily accessible by SkyTrain.... but it does involve some brief travel.

• 2 weeks later...

I also think a better choice, unless you're on a corporate expense account, is the Uzuki restaurant referred to above on Suk Soi 11, just about 300 meters into the soi on the right hand side... Soi 11 is where the Nana BTS station is located...

I've eaten there before, and a lot of Japanese do as well... It's not great IMHO as a real Japanese food lover... but it's certainly better than average, and more of a real Japanese style restaurant with a full range menu, as opposed to a Thai doing Japanese type place.

Interesting, I'll give it another go.

I may have caught them (or me) on an off-night last time.

• 1 month later...

Tried it last night. Big thumbs up. We were the only non-Japanese in there most of the time (apart form the Thai waitresses who loved playing with our baby) - mostly groups of men which gave it a curiously authentic Tokyo feel. The sashimi was excellent and so was the big plate of tempura shredded vegetables. Draft Kirin at 60 baht a mug???? I must have been dreaming surely - I have never had a Japanese beer so cheap.

On soi 5, just after Food Land, on the right side is a small soi with japanese massage shops, usually 2 massage girls with signs standing in the front of the soi. When you enter this small soi, on the left side after a few steps is wooden door, this nicely "hidden" japanese restaurant, is about 5 tables big, never saw a farang in there. The service is very "japanese" and the price is right. The menu isn't huge but the food is good.

There is one in the basement of the Ploenchit Centre called Rengaya Robata. It's OK but nothing special. It's also dead in the evenings.

why wouldnt you recommend it?

food is good, prices are great, asshai is cold and it is full of salarymen nightly. It is called UZUKI and it is in the Prand President.

Granted the food is more rustic than many, but it is certainly authentic.

I eat there regularly, at least weekly.

why wouldnt you recommend it?

food is good, prices are great, asshai is cold and it is full of salarymen nightly. It is called UZUKI and it is in the Prand President.

Granted the food is more rustic than many, but it is certainly authentic.

I eat there regularly, at least weekly.

We've been round that loop already if you read the full thread, Nocturn. To save you the effort Guy Dow said that maybe he hit an off night and he would give it another go after another poster chipped in much as you now have. Cheers :rolleyes:

We've been round that loop already if you read the full thread, Nocturn. To save you the effort Guy Dow said that maybe he hit an off night and he would give it another go after another poster chipped in much as you now have. Cheers :rolleyes:

I did and I've changed my mind about it.