Licmu

happyrobert

Info was forwarded to me last month that many students (+/-40) at the Thai language course had been refunded tuition in December. I have not been able to verify this. I went for 5 weeks before they canceled and I have been denied a refund.

1. Does anyone know if any student - other than credit card refunds - have been compensated?

2. Does anyone know anything about a lawyer representing a number of the students?

3. Is anyone else actively still pursuing a refund?

Please do not turn this into a discussion about who did what, who's a liar and whose credentials are valid, etc. I just want to know if anyone has been recently refunded and how to contact them.

Thanks.

Hubby got his refund, but he paid with a U.S. visa card and filed a claim with the visa card people. The time has passed for LICMU to contest his claim, so it looks like the refund will stick.

I know of two people who are currently back taking Thai language classes at LICMU, using "credit" for the unused portion of their course prior to the snafu. LICMU was unwilling to grant them a refund, but offered the chance to continue with the course. I don't know if they had to pay additional funds, but if they did it was minor, like for books or something. Otherwise, they wouldn't have continued to study at LICMU if they had to pay everything all over again. In both cases they were offered student visas, but have pursed O-A retirement visas ASAP, using the LICMU visa as an interim visa.

The course requirements are suppose to be more rigorous now, with respect to attendance and number of class hours per week. They like their current teacher at LICMU.

Happy Robert

You mention "Please don't turn this thread into a who said/who did what saga", but unfortunately if it is left open that is what is likely to happen as the sharks will soon be circling, so as per another moderator's message posted on 24/12/10 when the last thread about CMU Refunds was closed, that no other threads pertaining to it should be started.

I therefore have to close it.

If you are unhappy with this decision please feel free to contact admin[at]thaivisa.com

TP

Edited by Tywais
de-spammified e-mail