Cheapest Way To Call Uk From Thailand?

thecatman

I recently noticed that DTAC are advertising cheap calls overseas when you dial 004 first. The charge for these calls to UK is 5bt (to a lineline) or 8bt (to a mobile). Is this the cheapest way to call home?? Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Catman

I use True InterSIM, usually get a little over one baht/minute for their standard line (00600...)

http://www.truemove....M-postpay.rails

(to a UK landline BTW)

This table seems to indicate 1 baht/min to a fixed line in the UK and 6 baht/min to a mobile line in the U.K.

217 UNITED KINGDOM 44 1 6

Calling cards are in the same range. The mobile termination fee must be fixed in the U.K.

This table seems to indicate 1 baht/min to a fixed line in the UK and 6 baht/min to a mobile line in the U.K.

Yes, that's the claim... but if I check balance before and after the call and divide the difference by the call duration logged on my phone, it's always slightly over one baht/minute :huh:

When I called my brother's mobile number without thinking I got nailed for 5 or 6 baht/minute.:rolleyes:

I use CAT Card to phone the UK, also have a back up card from iTalk (www.thaitelephone.com), to check out their rates.

just checked 0.95 to a UK home phone, mobiles 6 baht per minute.

Edited by beano2274

As phaethon too I use True inter ...(no contract option) and when card purchased at 7 11 etc. it is valid for a year. Never calculated it to the satang but it's good and bloody cheap at a baht a min. and only have I once in over a year not able to get a connection on the 00600 service.

10/10 from me :thumbsup:

why don't you try skype? i've been studying in UK for the last 4 years and a friend of mine ( also thai) took out a contract with Skype. I think it was 3000 mins for 10 pounds and she can call Thailand using up those mins. Also with skype you can do the same!! now with iphones there are skype built into the phone! use it anywhere any time for free.

• 2 weeks later...

voipcheap.com. If you stick 10 euros on this, you get free calling to UK landlines for 90 days. When you call mobiles you eat into the 10 euros. Lots of other sip based providers doing similar things. You can even get sip clients for iphone/andriod/etc (although you probably want to call over wifi to your router rather than gprs/3g).

deedial.

you use it on your mobile so not restricted to a pc like skype.

cheaper than any of the mobile operators and it even has a ring-hangup-callback service to avoid paying local minutes ontop of their very cheap international minutes.

Plus the iphone has an app for it.