Getting Rid Of Mattress In Phuket

phuketfrank3

I am currently in possession of a mattress that's been urinated on :(

Not an ideal scenario - naturally I would like to get rid of said mattress, but I don't think that throwing it out into the garden will go down too well with the neighbors.

Taking it to the rubbish dump seems like the best course of action, but does Phuket actually have public rubbish dumps?

Any ideas anyone?

Leave it out on the roadside and it will be gone very quickly. If you don't like to just leave it then look for one of the unofficial trash collectors and he will be happy to take it away for recycling. Recovering a mattress is not so expensive in Thailand (compared with the new price of a decent mattress).

contact the rotary club who are collecting all items for the burmese workers whose shanties wee destroyed by fire....with a little effort the urine can be cleaned and the mattress will allow someone to sleep on something other than a concrete floor....

Thank you for the replies, I suppose being from the West it's a bit difficult for me to believe that people would want this mattress. But in reality it is a much better mattress than some of the ones I have seen Thais sleeping on, I'm sure with a bit of cleaning it would be useful to somebody.

I'll have a think about the best course of action, although I'm sure all the above solutions would work fine.