Uk Child Tax Credit For Baby In Thailand

Gazza1234

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone from the UK is claimimg Child Tax Credits for their son/daughter with Thai wife/girlfriend? Is this possible, long term perhaps we will all move to the UK but for now not sure what will happen.

Would be interested in anyones experiences with getting child tax credits.

Thanks all

I get some additional money for:-

Adult Dependancy Increase:-

Money added for your spouse or the person who loks after your child or children.

"easyride" Why shouldn't he get Cold Weather Payment if he made the payments like every one else who is getting it.

This makes me laugh, you then wonder why the country is in the state its in!! Stuff like this makes my blood boil :angry:

People should get off their back sides and work and earn it instead of scrounging off of the state.

I have been a single mum and never claimed a benefit I have worked hard and studied at the same time to give my child a better life!!

Can you claim tax credits if you live outside of the UK?

You have a child - and get UK benefits or State Pension

If you and your child live in a European Union (EU) member state, and none of the sections above apply to you, you might be able to claim Child Tax Credit if you get at least one of the following from the UK:

• Incapacity Benefit
  • State Pension
  • Widow's Benefit
  • Bereavement Benefit
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance

But if you do not live in an EU member state, you won't be able to get Child Tax Credit - unless you (or your partner) are a Crown Servant posted abroad or you're a cross-border worker.

This makes me laugh, you then wonder why the country is in the state its in!! Stuff like this makes my blood boil :angry:

People should get off their back sides and work and earn it instead of scrounging off of the state.

I have been a single mum and never claimed a benefit I have worked hard and studied at the same time to give my child a better life!!

You are indeed a remarkable lady.

As a single working mum you pay full income tax not claiming any child allowance or any housing or mortgage allowance.

You never use a NHS hospital even for the birth of your child nor ever see a NHS doctor.

Never buy VAT free child clothing or subsidized baby/child items

You're child does not attend government school.

Never use subsidized public transport

The list goes on and you are happy to pay all the taxes and social security contributions without claiming anything for yourself. Will you also forfeit your government pension when the time comes I wonder.

You are indeed an inspiration to us all. If there were more people like you the country would indeed not be in the mess it is at present, and there would be enough money sloshing around the public purse to not worry about the thousands our politicians are fiddling on their expenses or the billions failed bankers are paying themselves in bonuses with our money.

I am humbled

@daffy,

You should always claim what you are legally entitled too. However if your claiming things that you are not entitled by by law and you fill it in with false information just so you get it anyway. That is called fraud and fraudsters are almost the lowest form of life as they drain the welfare state.

You could argue you paid for it before.. tough luck if you are not entitled to it because you moved out of the country.

I'm not saying that that is what you are doing because i don't know your situation and what you are legally entitled too.

As a single working mum you pay full income tax not claiming any child allowance or any housing or mortgage allowance.

You never use a NHS hospital even for the birth of your child nor ever see a NHS doctor.

The list goes on and you are happy to pay all the taxes and social security contributions without claiming anything for yourself. Will you also forfeit your government pension when the time comes I wonder.

You are indeed an inspiration to us all. If there were more people like you the country would indeed not be in the mess it is at present, and there would be enough money sloshing around the public purse to not worry about the thousands our politicians are fiddling on their expenses or the billions failed bankers are paying themselves in bonuses with our money.

I am humbled

You could also add that every child benefits by having the support of a father on the scene. The facts and statistics prove this, it is written.

Most women want to have a child, but the problem for them is, this process requires the participation of a man one way or another.

Once the man has fulfilled his purpose the woman has the option to cast him away, then she is free to pursue her own life independently and the man in most cases forced to make a large financial contribution towards the woman's lifestyle and the child's living expenses. The child often becomes a free meal ticket for the woman by using the court system.

The UK legal system does not require proof from a spouse that the husband was mistreating her in anyway, a simple I no longer wish to stay married is often good enough. Mental cruelty is normally a favourite excuse used by spouses as advised by their lawyers.

In the majority of cases the UK state system, with the ex husband imposed to contribute a percentage of his earnings or assets into the social security on behalf of his ex spouse, ends up coughing up the tab for these one parent families. I know of one woman in London who has 4 children conceived by 3 different fathers. She lives in a 5 bedroom council house, all bills and living expenses paid for by the state and her Exs, sometimes she works part time for cash in hand and has several men on the go, this woman has not worked full time legally for the last 14 years.

Justice and fair treatment for men and the tax payer? I don't think so.

Edited by Beetlejuice

If there is a system you are going to benefit from, then it is in Thailand.

if either you or your wife have a proper job and have been contributing the the Thai social service fund for at least 6 months then you are entitled to:

- 15000 baht (from memory) on birth of your child in Thailand. Six months of contributions must be made before the birth.

- 150 baht/month (from memory) per child until aged 5.

Not much, but better than a kick in teeth.

Applies to all people, regardless of nationality, who contribute to SS.

Edited by samran

I am humbled

You have just taken this to another level, of course I use the NHS but I have survived the my adult life with out scrounging I have bought my own house I have my own car I do not scrounge or screw the system like many!! Also to the other poster saying women use men for babies what a load of rubish, my childs father walked out on us for another women when his child was 7 months old never to be seen again!!

I have been brought up to work hard and have respect unlike a lot of people who milk the system for anything and everything they can get!!

If you and your child live in a European Union (EU) member state, and none of the sections above apply to you, you might be able to claim Child Tax Credit if you get at least one of the following from the UK:

• Incapacity Benefit
  • State Pension
  • Widow's Benefit
  • Bereavement Benefit

But if you do not live in an EU member state, you won't be able to get Child Tax Credit - unless you (or your partner) are a Crown Servant posted abroad or you're a cross-border worker.

There's the answer. :mfr_closed1:

• Incapacity Benefit
  • State Pension
  • Widow's Benefit
  • Bereavement Benefit

There's the answer. :mfr_closed1:

Not really - it says if they are in the EU (which Thailand isn't) then they can have it - it doesn't say if they are not, they can't.

However, I can catagorically tell you you can't. When I moved here we informed the state (child allowance, child tax credit) and they said once we move it will be cancelled - actually the idiots didn't cancel it for 6 months after we left (8 months after we told them), sent the money to my wife's bank account - and then sent us a bill for the over payment!

There are certain benefits you can get - most you loose (even some that are somewhat mystifying - I know an old guy that gets a good state pension (over 100k Baht/month) - it is made up of a small actual pension and several benefits - like severe disability, assisted living allowance etc - he looked into moving here and found out that if they cut his benefits he would not make the 65k - he lost his lif savings when a family member emptied his accounts for him! - wth the benefits he would have saved the state (NHS/home care/travel assistance/etc) a small fortune if he had come, much more the the benefits he was getting - medical is much cheaper here)

Not really - it says if they are in the EU (which Thailand isn't) then they can have it - it doesn't say if they are not, they can't.

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

Oh yeah! Doh! That'll teach me to read the whole post :sorry:

NO! You must be Resident in the UK.

This question gets asked in many forms on Thai Visa,and the same answer applies: You must be Resident in the UK, to get any Benefits. Not Thailand.

With the exception of the UK Pension at 65,which is not classed as a Benefit.

And also different rules apply for British Residents in the EEC Countries.

Edited by MAJIC

And there was me thinking it was the bankers who got us in the £$%^:lol:

Even G.Osborne is milking the system. Get a good accountant and dodge 1.6 mil in tax.

post-105459-0-92450300-1296433370_thumb.

Having paid NI [compulsory]in the UK i would think I sould be entitled to ALL benefits that a pensioner in the uk gets.

Cold allowance should also include HEAT allowance as it is as expensive to run A/C as it is a gas fire.

As for 'pension not a benefit'

We lost our case for parity with pensioners in the UK because the courts of human rights decided that the pension I get is a STATE BENEFIT.

My state [paid for] pension is now capped at the rate it was when I first received it.I will get NO annual increases.

For the many of you that believe we are 'cheap charlies' to enquire/expect parity with those in the UK perhaps YOU would also expect fairness when you consider what we have paid into this fund.

The very clever government fooled the working class of England into believing they pay only HALF of the actual N.I .

There are 2[?] Payments to N.I .

employees contribution...

Employers contribution...

????

Do you not think that employers have taken this figure into account when advertising a rate for workers?

Do you not think that this 'employers contribution' is taken into consideration as 'lost profits' when the trade unions are negotiating a pay rise?

In other words the EMPLOYEE pays 'indirectly' BOTH contributions .

We were given the choice of 'opting out' of the state pension plan some time in the 70's ...but.The employers contribution could not be used as part of any private pension plan and the employee wishing to 'opt out' could only put the employees contribution into a pension/health insurance plan.

Having paid NI [compulsory]in the UK i would think I sould be entitled to ALL benefits that a pensioner in the uk gets.

Cold allowance should also include HEAT allowance as it is as expensive to run A/C as it is a gas fire.

We lost our case for parity with pensioners in the UK because the courts of human rights decided that the pension I get is a STATE BENEFIT.

My state [paid for] pension is now capped at the rate it was when I first received it.I will get NO annual increases.

For the many of you that believe we are 'cheap charlies' to enquire/expect parity with those in the UK perhaps YOU would also expect fairness when you consider what we have paid into this fund.

The very clever government fooled the working class of England into believing they pay only HALF of the actual N.I .

????

Do you not think that employers have taken this figure into account when advertising a rate for workers?

Do you not think that this 'employers contribution' is taken into consideration as 'lost profits' when the trade unions are negotiating a pay rise?

We were given the choice of 'opting out' of the state pension plan some time in the 70's ...but.The employers contribution could not be used as part of any private pension plan and the employee wishing to 'opt out' could only put the employees contribution into a pension/health insurance plan.

I forgot to add..

I had to pay for 44 years to qualify for the full 95 pounds weekly state pension.

I have/had no children .

Those working now will pay 30 years instead of 44

just keep your posts relevant to the topic please

and back off on the attacks on anyone, including generalised remarks blaming women for things.

I could tell you lots of stories about the atrocities that men (husbands/partners) have committed against their wives....but this is not the space for it

im not saying no woman has done bad things to a man.

but as said - this is not the space for that discussion

????

Sorry your Statement is incorrect,The Pension at 65 is definately not a State Benefit,and as far as I know, is the only one that is not classed as a Benefit.

The European Courts Ruled out Increases for Pensioners,because they were no longer living in the UK,and not because it was a State Benefit.

Having said that, the decision was most certainly a Travesty of Justice,and Discrimination in the Extreme.And the UK Pensioners have had a Raw Deal.

I don't expect this Government to correct the Injustice though!

????

Sorry your Statement is incorrect,The Pension at 65 is definately not a State Benefit,and as far as I know, is the only one that is not classed as a Benefit.

The European Courts Ruled out Increases for Pensioners,because they were no longer living in the UK,and not because it was a State Benefit.

Having said that, the decision was most certainly a Travesty of Justice,and Discrimination in the Extreme.And the UK Pensioners have had a Raw Deal.

I agree that it is NOT a benefit.[not for me].

However [from memory when the case was heard.I am Positive that in their summing up the judges named my PAID FOR PENSION a 'government benefit'

????

On reflection I particularly remember my pension described as a 'benefit' as I was certain we could not lose our case.

As many pensioners that reside abroad are included in the annual increases,allowances [The Philippines comes to mind]the only reason we could possibly lose was by describimg my pension as a 'government benefit' which would be the only justifiable reason for the British government being able to deduct ,and in some cases, deny payment.