What Future For Tourism?

Humphrey Bear

Well, in December Crazy Horse will open in Singapore. (That's one of the top Parisian show-clubs).

Also in Singapore the clubs and bars stay open until 5.00 am or when the last customers leave.

Sentosa is a pleasure island for families.

One hour boat trips bring you to Indonesian islands such as Bintan, also geared up for tourism.

Good hotels, excellent transport. Great airport.

Restaurants that can serve the genuine taste of any country in the world.

What has Thailand to compete with this?

Jaded go=go bars.

Compulsory 1/00 am closing

Dirty beaches without any facilities.

Below-standard hotels.

Bangkok traffic.

One out-of-date airport. Another that will be a year late in opening, and still will be behind Changi.

Restaurants that serve a Thai version of whatever they can think of.

So why visit Thailand?

Edited by Humphrey Bear

.. What has Thailand to compete with this?

[/quote

Ah, well lets see,

1. You couldn't fine a face in Singapore with a straight set of teeth to save their lives, despite having money.

2. You don't have to sell an organ in order to rent a decent place,

3. Thai food is world renown, they needn't cater to other tastes,

4. Still the most beautiful and vibrant tropical locals than any other place in the world,

5. Toleration, extraordinary patience for idiots,

heck, it;s really no contest, :o

Well, in December Crazy Horse will open in Singapore. (That's one of the top Parisian show-clubs).

Also in Singapore the clubs and bars stay open until 5.00 am or when the last customers leave.

One hour boat trips bring you to Indonesian islands such as Bintan, also geared up for tourism.

Jaded go=go bars.

Below-standard hotels.

Bangkok traffic.

One out-of-date airport. Another that will be a year late in opening, and still will be behind Changi.

So why visit Thailand?

Pal, you are so right, i will liquidise my assets immediatley and forward my belongings to Singapore where i shall live happily ever after in the knowledge that "crazy horse" and "Sentosa" are just around the corner.

Thanks for making my life complete.

Jaded go=go bars.

Below-standard hotels.

Bangkok traffic.

So why visit Thailand?

as in so many posts before this, the best - and probably only correct - answer has already been given:

if you don't like it, don't complain, just stay away!

but let me try to give you reasons for tourists to come here from at least two countries :

england and germany

as the kanchanaburi verdict and the lately Chiang Mai verdict have been all over the media in the respective countries, you can be shure, that tourists will start flocking in by the thousands ! :o

.. What has Thailand to compete with this?

[/quote

Ah, well lets see,

1. You couldn't fine a face in Singapore with a straight set of teeth to save their lives, despite having money. :D

Oh my God, that was sooooo funny. I'm still laughing... good one! :D

Let's see a good reason to visit Singapore. It's clean and, hmmm, it's clean. :o

Crazy Horse has been open for several years, one level up from the footy bar. Quite an interesting mix in there although not my cup of tea.

However, i must say that with the new relaxed laws Sing is starting to change its appeal. The costs are prohibitive though, so I will not be able to return until I am offered a job there.

Long live The four floors... :o

So they’re moving a ’TOP’ Parisian show-club all the way from Paris to Singapore? And this oh-so groovy & trendy joint which has ripped off it’s name from a dead American Indian is open late to boot?

My-o-my! I’m so excited, I could just poop my britches! LET‘S GO!!!--especially now that I know they got a mighty fine & way-cool airport to arrive at.

I hope no one really cool--especially that trend-setting Humprey Bear dude--sees me still here in passé Thailand--it’s so, like,nowheresville amongst all the top Parisian show-club-hopping scene-making hipsters.

I can’t wait to get to get there, but what to wear? Will Brad and Angeline be there?

Interesting topic, but I think some of the replies so far have been a bit harsh.

I have seen a far bit of Thailand in my 4 visits to the LOS in the past 3 years and I am planning to retire to Issan hopefully in another 12 months. Then I want to see more of Thailand.

Why Thailand? The people are friendly. It's a cheap place to live. I consider it a safe place to live. The Bhuddist religion of he majority of the people. The warm weather. The list is endless.

Sure there are negatives. But they are outweighed by the positives.

I love Australia, but my heart will always be in Thailand.

Peter

What has Thailand to compete with this?......<further rant deleted>

So why visit Thailand?

Well I admit there are a fewer good reasons to visit Thailand today as compared to yesteryear, but there are still few if any good reasons to visit Singapore apart from a brief transit or business. It is still just a boring municipality inhabited by boring people with little to offer apart from a nice bird park and great Indian food which by itself encourages a brief transit visit. Singapore is perhaps most interesting as, in an academic sense, an economic model, but reading about such stuff is also a bit tedious. I'll take a vibrant culture and landscape even with the environmental issues over a sterile environment like Singapore any day of the week.

Sentosa? 55555

So they’re moving a ’TOP’ Parisian show-club all the way from Paris to Singapore? And this oh-so groovy & trendy  joint which has ripped off  it’s name from a dead American Indian is open late to boot?

My-o-my! I’m so excited, I could just poop my britches! LET‘S GO!!!--especially now that I know they got a mighty fine & way-cool airport to arrive at.

I hope no one really cool--especially that trend-setting Humprey Bear dude--sees me still here in passé Thailand--it’s so, like,nowheresville amongst all the top Parisian show-club-hopping scene-making hipsters.

I can’t wait to get to get there, but what to wear? Will Brad and Angeline be there?

:o:D

Sure there are big things happening in tourism, even in the middle east, you have U.A.E being a good destination for some now.

But Thailand has many things to offer that will always make it a family fav and male single fav :o

It's ironic that they started to encourage family tourists and have been discouraging the the young single crowd.

Terrorism and the Tsunami have changed everything. Who's going to bring their family here now?

Thailand has cheap women and is just cheap and you get more for your retirment money here than you would in uk.

cheap women. philipines is a complete complete shithole. no offence and the jeusus freak element is even more 2 faced than ....etc.

Better living than uk on set income and Cheap women.