Penang Hotel Recommend?

seonai

Hotel Continental would suit you. (Not Grand Continental) They are conveniently located within walking distance of everything on Jalan Penang in Georgetown.

Standard rooms are 80.5 Ringgit If I remember correctly. (approx 880 baht). I've usually stayed in the superior rooms which are 98 Ringgit including ABF.

You can have a look here.

http://www.penang-hotels.com/hotelcontinental/

Send them an email to make a reservation. [email protected].

Hope this helps.

Depends what you want. I stayed at a guesthouse just accross the road from the Swiss Hote.(dont stay there). It was cheap and clean. Own toilet ,shower and bed. Not much in the room. But it was fine for me. Cant remember the name. But its practically accross from the Swiss hotel and just back of the Chulia Street.

You're talking about the E & A, right across from the Swiss.

At about US$10 it's a good choice, not just clean and newly renovated but quiet since it's set well back from the street: most of the cheap places in Penang have a real noise problem.

Of course, for US$20, there are better choices around.

Hi Tots! Do u have afave hotel in Penang....

If you are heading for the beach try Lone Pine Hotel at Batu Feringhi at B1800 on asiarooms.com. Great atmosphere in the centre of the village.

Reasonable Georgetown hotels price wise can be found along Penang Road like City Bayview and Continental Hotel which are nearer the Esplanade, in the B1000 price range.

Cheers, Bkt.

I recently stayed at the Hong Ping Hotel on Chulia Street (near the Swiss Lodge, and on the same side of the street). About 65 ringit (750 baht) per night. Credit cards accepted, which is why I chose it. (Any places which are cheaper would be unlikely to accept them.)

Hi Tots! Do u have afave hotel in Penang....

If you are heading for the beach try Lone Pine Hotel at Batu Feringhi at B1800 on asiarooms.com. Great atmosphere in the centre of the village.

Yeah, I would also recommend Lone Pine Hotel. It's a really nice hotel, however I went there without any reservations and ended up paying B3000 (for Deluxe Suite)-- I still do think it was worth it. Will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

• 11 months later...
Hotel Continental would suit you. (Not Grand Continental) They are conveniently located within walking distance of everything on Jalan Penang in Georgetown.

Standard rooms are 80.5 Ringgit If I remember correctly. (approx 880 baht). I've usually stayed in the superior rooms which are 98 Ringgit including ABF.

You can have a look here.

http://www.penang-hotels.com/hotelcontinental/

Send them an email to make a reservation. [email protected].

Hope this helps.

And room 1716 at the 17th floor has FREE WIFI !

It's unofficial but there is an unprotected wifi around and you can connect from the room.

Staying in Hotel Malaysia right now, has gone up to 11.50 Ringit a night (approx 1,150 Baht) and it's pretty decent, but not as good as what you can get in Thailand for the same price. Rejected a few grotty little hovels on Chulia street, expecting a reasonable amount of cleanliness for an a/c room at 600 baht - I was wrong!

Great Indian restaurant nearby called Passage To India, opposite the Oriental Hotel. And Soho bar opposite Hotel Malaysia has free wi-fi, but being a pub you do of course have to buy drinks occasionally. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily...!

Not much else going for the place really though. As said earlier - hot, quiet, a bit boring and a lot of people spitting on the street.

Edited by dantilley

stayed at hotel mingood recently. very nice staff, good price, excellent rooms. free wifi in the whole hotel. on argyll rd. which is what chulia st. turns into once you cross penang road at the movie theater.