Has Anyone Fished At Lung Lee

raplahla

Hello everyone - as you can see this is my first post, so here goes, - we are arriving in Bangkok next Thursday late evening, and have found out since that on Friday it is a Thai festival - Mukha - Pacha (please excuse the spelling). Anyway to cut a long story short as most the bars will be closed we have decided to go fishing to, Lung Lee fishing park,

at Nonthanburi, where we will probably get a few beers anyway, has anyone fished there before, and is it worth the trip out from Central BKK.

Thanks

I live practically next to it (say 3 to 4 km max) I have fished there once and i dont think its worth it. However i havent fished there for a while and it depends on what you want to catch. If its big fish go bungsamran. If you want more nature and still big fish but harder go shadow lake (also in nothaburi). Still you could try lung lee but the fish are according to me not big there. But they seem to have pictures with big fish.

After reading up there seem to be big fish but i have never seen them there. I thought it was all a marketing ploy. I might have to go there once again just to check it out.

Thanks for the reply Robblok, - will give Lung Lee a try then give a report back to the forum, good or bad, could you please give an address for Shadow lake, and can you hire gear there and get a bite to eat there ?.

Many Thanks

After reading up there seem to be big fish but i have never seen them there. I thought it was all a marketing ploy. I might have to go there once again just to check it out.

Thanks for the reply Robblok, - will give Lung Lee a try then give a report back to the forum, good or bad, could you please give an address for Shadow lake, and can you hire gear there and get a bite to eat there ?.

Many Thanks

Thanks would be nice to see you report back about lung lee. It is real close to me but after that first and unfortunate time i never came back. I might have had to give it more time it was way back when i just started fishing.

About shadow lake you can hire tackle and you can get food there (from 11am on.)

Just went to my local tackle shop and asked him about lung lee. He had to laugh he said lung lee has no mekongs or maybe just a few. These are the guys who should know it. But lung lee always advertises with its big fishes. (seen it in some thai magazines).

I hope the OP will prove me wrong because then i got an other fishing spot real close by. Though i have heard from my local fishing shop about an other place with mekongs near my home. I just got a phone nr and will let the gf call and check it out.

Thanks again robblok, It might be a bit of a wild-goose chase going to Lung Lee, all I want is to wet a line and have a few beers, while the wife goes shopping for stuff to take to her parents in Sisaket.

Do you know of anywhere more central to Bangkok, it doesn't matter if it's not that good as long as the crack is ok and there is a smell of a fish (and Heineken)

We are flying out to the Mrs parents on Saturday 19th - I've packed a telescopic rod this time see if I can catch a catfish, I'll probably have to hit it on the head with the ledger weight though.

Tight-lines. R

Thanks again robblok, It might be a bit of a wild-goose chase going to Lung Lee, all I want is to wet a line and have a few beers, while the wife goes shopping for stuff to take to her parents in Sisaket.

Do you know of anywhere more central to Bangkok, it doesn't matter if it's not that good as long as the crack is ok and there is a smell of a fish (and Heineken)

We are flying out to the Mrs parents on Saturday 19th - I've packed a telescopic rod this time see if I can catch a catfish, I'll probably have to hit it on the head with the ledger weight though.

Tight-lines. R

Bungsamran would be good. Shadow lake / gnau nam too but much harder to fish. But there are plenty of places you can catch smaller catfish. I doubt your rod would hold up against a big catfish (telescopic rod)