Work Permit For A Writer?

I have been in Thailand for 10 years and have always had work and work permits etc. Now I want to start writing for a publishing company in Korea from my home here in Thailand. It is all done online and the pay goes into my Thai bank acct.

What I am writing is online teaching books for English learners to be uses worldwide. I do not have a company set up here and my question is can I get a work permit to do this and is writing online over the internet considered “working in Thailand?”

I need real knowledgeable answers here and not just hearsay. I probably will talk to the WP office in Chonburi but thought I would ask here as translation gets twisted in these offices as you all know.

mods...can someone fix the title before the spelling Nazi's start having a field day.

Ah c'mon, leave it the way it was written, (or is that writen?)

The guy must have done it on purpose to get our attention.

"What I am writing is online teaching books for English learners to be uses worldwide." (I hope the publisher has a good editor and proof reader.)

I do not have a company set up here and my question is can I get a work permit to do this and is writing online over the internet considered “working in Thailand?” (Please don't forget to use commas with compound sentences, and we must also remember that the same coordinating conjunction is not used twice in the same compound sentence -- you've got "and...and".)

Sorry...couldn't resist. Of course, when someone puts a post out their stating their plans to write language teaching books, we've got to scan it for silly mistakes, which I'm sure yours were. Good luck with your adventure.

Edited by Wavefloater

• 1 month later...

mods...can someone fix the title before the spelling Nazi's start having a field day.

Sorry...couldn't resist. Of course, when someone puts a post out their stating their plans to write language teaching books, we've got to scan it for silly mistakes, which I'm sure yours were. Good luck with your adventure.

"Of course, when someone puts a post out their stating their plans"

Hate myself for this, but "their" should be "there" - the first time, anyways. :)

But what about an answer to the man's question?

One way to do this as has been discussed here before -- and which I came close to doing myself -- is to find some consulting or other organization that is in the position capital/Thai employee-wise of supporting a work permit application, have them hire you, and then reimburse any taxes and out-of-pocket costs that they might incur in hiring you plus any commission if they so request.

However, you have to earning an amount substantial enough to cover all the above costs.