Lanna Thai Style Home/hotel What Is It?

middlepath

lannastyle1.jpg

Art and Design of Northern Thailand

Art and Design of Northern Thailand

The country that we now refer to as Thailand only achieved its present form in the 19th. century. Before then for over 500 years there flourished the independent kingdom of Lanna, stretching north from Phitsanulok as far as Chiang Rai, as far east as present-day Laos and as far west as Burma.

Over these centuries the kingdom developed a distinctive art, architecture, language and culture, many elements of which endure to this day. In this book, the beauty of Lanna's art, architecture and artifacts are captured in the photography of Ping Amranand, with an Informative text by William Warren.

Hardback

Large Format

Asia Books

240 pages

440 Colour Photographs

What style is this please. I'm not always the sharpest guy around that may be why I do not see the obvious. See I need you guy/girls. Thanks.

Stunning Lanna Thai style home!

Lanna style hotel.

As stated, Lanna style homes are traditional to Northern Thailand. Often done in teakwood, and lots of intricate details. On Lanna style houses, you'll typically find crossing pieces on the peak of the roof.

Here's a photo of a Lanna style house with some nice features that are typical.

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/5108/lannahouse3jv.jpg

Here's a link to a page that shows several photos of traditional Lanna style architectural features.

http://lanna.arc.cmu.ac.th/Lanna/vernacular/page_01.htm

We frequently stay at a small, but nice guesthouse on Wangsingkham Road in Chiang Mai that has Lanna style features to it.