Adult Gymnastics

TheLaughingMan

I trained gymnastics a bit at Rakamheang university years ago but I dont think its open to free training anymore (need to pay a hefty amount for an instructor), Thai Japan gym is open but its filled with children running around and literally right under foot which makes it way to dangerous. Little Gym is for kids.... does anyone know of a place teens and adults can train gymnastics preferably with a "pit" for learning the more dangerous tumbles. I'd gladly pay for access to a pit.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am wondering if you ever found a place for adult gymnastics in Bangkok?

I am actually looking for a beginners adult gymnastics class, if such a thing exists in Bangkok, for basic ring, parallette, and bodyweight (like handstand) static and dynamic moves. If you or others know about any adult class, I`d be grateful for any info. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am looking to do this myself. There is a decent gymnastics gym just across the street in the back of the Japan-Thai Youth Centre in Din Daeng.

It was not crowded when I went there, the tumbling floors were completely open. I believe they had a strip set up for platform tumbling.

I contacted the coach of the Thai-Japan Youth area gym several months ago, and she was very welcoming. I didn't ask what the fee was, figuring that I would email again once my money situation was fixed. If you find out any info on the gym, then please post the info here. Would really like to find a place where a free workout would be okay. I just want to tumble, maybe possibly swing some basic high bar.

Edited by timmyp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Found a great gymnastics place in Chiang Mai: The city stadium! Building dedicated just to gymnastics, has all the equipment (including in ground pits!), charging me 80 Baht per workout.

What's the city stadium? Do you mean 700 year stadium? Do you know if they offer instruction or at least spotters? How cool that there's a place for that here!

• 1 month later...