Application For Employment

booltrue

Hello to all users of the forum

i have a question about job application for companies in thailand.

I started writing a lot of emails to different companies in thailand regarding to their job offers on diverse job platforms in the internet.

But not any of the companies wrote ever back. I was thinking of my german email accout that my emails are handled as junkmails and ending in the recycle bin.

So i decided to create a new email account at an other provider, but in the same way i dont get an answer to my emails.

Anybody an idea why they dont write back?

I wrote about 50 applications to different companies and not any one single answer till now :-(

thx a lot for your assistance

my experiences(I 've been working almost 7 years,since graduated) I had been written a job applications but none of the companies wrote me back.(Job applications online)

I only got new job by a friends or someone I've known.

Thai companies are different from western companies I think. for Thai people,if the company interested in the you (apply online by email) they will call you instead of write back.

just an opinion krab :)

Also remember if they employ you they will have to pay a lot more money, they could employ a few more Thais for the same amount. You would probably want relocation benefits.

Also what kind of job are you looking for?

Looking for a job in the IT business: support, software development, administrating, ...

also i am exposed in doing other jobs like teaching science or mathematics in english or similar (but i am not a native speaker).

I studied computer science and have 5 year work experience in software development.

Edited by booltrue

You will need a degree and have something that makes you stand out above the much cheaper Thai competition.

If you don't have an extra advantage/reason for a company to hire you. You will not get a work permit if the government thinks a Thai could do the job you are applying for.

Something special could be the languages that you speak/write.

The only thing you are doing wrong is that you apply by email and expect then to reply to you. In Thailand that is not likely to happen.

I dont know how to make an effort in finding an accurate job when i dont get an reply to my applications even though in the job offers are requested for an application as email.

Which way will be successful in making an application to a thai company for getting a reply.

You will need a degree and have something that makes you stand out above the much cheaper Thai competition.

If you don't have an extra advantage/reason for a company to hire you. You will not get a work permit if the government thinks a Thai could do the job you are applying for.

Something special could be the languages that you speak/write.

I speak german and have a bachelors degree in computer science.

Also i make apply for job offers with same salary amount as for thai people, therefore the only difference is that i am no local and need visa and work permit.

you can ask for the same salary as a Thai, but for an extension to your Visa you will need to have a contract for over at least 40,000baht per month. A Thai will take a lot less.

about the monthly salary for over at least 40,000 bht/month for the visa i know. it makes it not very easy in finding sth. :-(

Edited by booltrue

you can ask for the same salary as a Thai, but for an extension to your Visa you will need to have a contract for over at least 40,000baht per month. A Thai will take a lot less.

It all depends if the Thai company is dealing and trading with companies outside of Thailand.

Then they will need to pay more for lets say some one who as very good IT skills and is fluent in English Etc.

It all depends if the Thai company is dealing and trading with companies outside of Thailand.

Then they will need to pay more for lets say some one who as very good IT skills and is fluent in English Etc.

PS How is your English? ..could always be a teacher they screaming out for them in Thailand

And Thais will accept 20,000baht, so for a business owner which is the best option:

1. German with a salary of +40,000Bht, with Work Permits and Visa Extensions to pay for

or

2. Thai national who will work all day long for 20,000baht, who speaks the same language as me.

I know which one I would choose

PS How is your English? ..could always be a teacher they screaming out for them in Thailand

My english is good enough for teaching. It would be an good option for me.

And Thais will accept 20,000baht, so for a business owner which is the best option:

1. German with a salary of +40,000Bht, with Work Permits and Visa Extensions to pay for

or

2. Thai national who will work all day long for 20,000baht, who speaks the same language as me.

I know i would choose the same :-)

or

Yeh they look like they are working all day long...in fact they are just hanging around all day longwhistling.gif

Then they will take care of all work permits and visa etc..40.000- 60.000 baht in bkk...or if you want teach up in the sticks looking at 30.000 baht

Then they will take care of all work permits and visa etc..40.000- 60.000 baht in bkk...or if you want teach up in the sticks looking at 30.000 baht

thx a lot

any concrete idea where i can make an application?

Edited by booltrue

thx a lot

any concrete idea where i can make an application?

Do you have Teaching certificate? Not sure how schools would just hire any person without the right qualifications or connections.

My own personal experience is this…bachelors degree in comp sci plus 10 years of work experience from helpdesk to system admin including software engineering. Believe me, the job offers were not coming my way at all. What I ended up doing was coming here unemployed, doing a masters degree in business and then getting hired out of grad school through the school's employment program. I eventually got Thai work experience and have since had different jobs but all in business, never went back to computers at all.

If you are applying to Thai-Thai companies; Thai owned and focused on the Thai market, then most likely you need to be fluent in Thai. Tourism or teaching an exception.

If you are applying to a Thai company, expat owned focused on the multinational or foreign markets, then your English is of course important. But for this type company (I own one) you need a Work Permit. That requires me to have 2M THB in capital and 4 Thais for each Word Permit. We place regular ads in JobsDB which specify Thai National because I know I don't have the headroom for another Word Permit or I think for this skill set a Thai will be good and the best value. If a non-Thai sends me a resume for a job that was posted that specified Thai National, most times I don't respond. Read the ad carefully, I put that in for a reason. If an applicant looks very interesting I might say "can't now, why not send me an email in 6 months, maybe then".

I have hired an expat from a resume sent to me when I wasn't specifically looking for an expat. Lighting does strike. But that's a true exception to the rule. It might be a numbers game, quit worrying about responses and just keep sending resumes - and trying all the other angles suggested here. It's a numbers game - assuming you're an attractive candidate.

Good Luck

But without teaching credentials you will be very lucky to make 20,000 baht per month and you will not be eligable for a work permit (but if somewhere really likes you you may be able to get a 2 yr extension whil you get qualified, in the meantime it will be border runs.

Advice: Check out international schools in need of IT staff, its a longshot but you may get lucky.

Have you sent the email to Siemens IT Solutions (SIS) Thailand? This company hires many expats and parent company is German company, so your German is advantage. Note that I'm not sure it still uses HR of Siemens Limited Thailand (SLT) or not because it just was separated from SLT this fiscal year.