Lashing Tie Down Straps

ttakata

I have a light duty need to strap some gear down to my bike rack.

I know you can buy ratcheting straps at Tesco but those are a pain to work with for such a small task.

Has anyone seen the simpler open ended straps like these in BKK?

41NYFFEAZNL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...98727373&sr=8-1

I don't see them at Tesco, Carrefour, or Homepro.

If you've seen them, where exactly?

Maybe I can find them in Chinatown but that place is faraway and a fiasco to shop at.

I'd rather not waste hours there and not even find them.

Edited by ttakata

Sport/camping section at Central (per the previous post) is a pretty good bet.I don't recall if I've seen them at Klong Thom market, but that would be my next bet. (yes, it's near Chinatown)Klong Thom is almost entirely auto accessories, tools and hardware.Those straps are a good option. I used them all the time in Australia. Compact and non elastic, with no hooks etc.Just keep the ends tidy with a lighter occasionally. They're a fiend to feed through the clip when they are frayed.

Try the Feel Free kayak dealer in BKK, the local one in CM sells high quality tie down straps of many different lengths.

Like this style.

Directions to the local one in CM please...:jap:

On the side road, right across from the train station; look for the kayaks on display.

Thank you.

Went shopping and HomePro and Siam Paragon didn't have them.

As suggested I did manage to find single packs at the Central Chit Lom here in BKK.

They were hard to find in the Auto section but after asking I bought 3 at 80 baht each.

They're 5 meters long so after some simple cuts and lighter melts to clean the edges; I'm good to go.

They appear to be of good quality, but time will tell.

You'd think with so much stuff being lashed to pickups and scooters that these would be more common.

1.jpg

Went shopping and HomePro and Siam Paragon didn't have them.

As suggested I did manage to find single packs at the Central Chit Lom here in BKK.

They were hard to find in the Auto section but after asking I bought 3 at 80 baht each.

They're 5 meters long so after some simple cuts and lighter melts to clean the edges; I'm good to go.

They appear to be of good quality, but time will tell.

You'd think with so much stuff being lashed to pickups and scooters that these would be more common.

1.jpg

they are indeed not very common in LOS

every time I use them to strap a bike or some furniture, I have several Thais want to watch or help, but they want to make knots as on a rope :)