Thai Massage Shop That Cares

leininger

My wife owned the Maripaun Beauty Salon and Traditional Thai Massage on Maejo Road. Due to an act of fraud by the owner of building, we will no longer be involved with massage, and salon has been moved to our home. However, the reason I am writing is to point out to people that despite the many instances I have witnessed myself, and read reports on forum, of people receiving uncaring and unprofessional treatment from Thai businesses, this is not always the case. The other day, wife Marisa was crying often throughout the day,as was her mother. I thought they were just sad about losing business, but when I asked her about this, she said it was because she was sad that customers would not have place to go for massage, especially customers with pain which was helped by the massage at Maripaun. She said, "I hope customers don't think I close shop because I don't care about them." She also cried because she worried about masseuses and if they could find work. The next day, she was very happy, and she tells me because masseuses who worked for us, Newt and Allie, rented their own shop near same building of Maripaun, and are going into business for themselves.

Marisa nd I are no longer connected to this massage shop, and receive nothing from it, so I feel it is okay to promote this business. My point is that marisa is business owner who really cares about farang customers, and I am sure she cannot be the only Thai business owner who feels this way. I thought I should write this to make a fair picture of business in Thailand and show that while there are many cases of uncaring businesspeople in Thailand, they are not all that way.

Also, Tomahawk, I know you were a loyal customer to Maripaun and have said many good things about us on forum, so if you send me PM will send you information about new shop.

And also Marisa and I thank all the kind and wonderful customers, both Thai and farang, who used our service, and hope you will continue to patronize Newt and Allie's shop.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Leininger,

Very sorry to hear of your bad experience, and the emotional pain experienced by your wife. Truly wonderful that she cares for her customers and employees !

But, may we respectfully ask, what stops you from re-launching the, assumedly successful, massage business, yourself in another, perhaps nearby, location ?

best, ~o:37;

I'm sorry to hear about this. Good luck with the new shop.

As far as Thai businesses being uncaring or corrupt, I mostly find the opposite to be true. Yes, I have had bad experinces, but many more positive ones.

Just the other day my bicycle was broken and I brought it to be repaired. This bicycle shop sells expensive imported bikes and deals with foreigners constantly and are well aware of what they could charge, but they worked on my bike for more than half an hour and also repaired some things that I had not mentioned and only charged me 20 baht. I also bought several items to improve the safety of the bike and they gave me a discount without being asked.

This type of behavior for Thai businesses seems a lot more common to me than the few places that try to cheat you. :wai:

Hi Leininger,

Thanks for the sharing the story. I'm actually interested in finding a good massage place since I just recently moved to CM. So Am I correct in assuming the 2 ladies have opened a massage shop on Maejo Road? Can you provide any more detail please, if allowed?

Thank you all for kind words, and I will try to answer your questions. Khun Orang, in fact we live at Ornsirin muban, which if you know area is also on Maejo Road and very close to Maripaun, and we hope to someday open massage again. We now have Maripaun Beauty Salon at home, but it is very small and Marisa works alone. We still have massage equipment and could technically do massage at home, but Marisa's plan is to go to massage school herself and also when financially able to afford it, to fix up the grounds to make it a beautiful and relaxing area for customers. I will also be honest here. While she did good business at massage, in the end it was just too expensive. The rent was 9,000 baht a month, and we also paid the masseuses both a salary and percentage of the massage fees and also provided room and board. If you add all this to other expenses, such as electricity and water, it was just too expensive. Also, the success of the business was based on masseuses, who are now in business for themselves and best of luck to them. They are lovely people and excellent masseuses, and I will still remain a friend and also a customer. If and when we do go back into massage business, I will post an announcement on forum.

Rumcabal, the shop is located in same row of buildings as Maripaun. I will leave sign out front of maripaun for now to help people find new place. New massage is 7 buildings down from Maripaun, heading towards Mae Jo. Maripaun was 6.5 kms from Meechok Plaza, on opposite side of Mae Jo Road. Go to second stop light from Meechok Plaza and Rimping Supermarket, then make u-turn at second light and head back towards Chiang Mai. Maripaun located just past Wawee Coffee and Ornsirin muban. New shop will be open in about 3 days. Phone number is 0852849118. However I must be honest that masseuses do not speak English all that well, but they do speal nit noi. If you call for appointment and have a problem, feel free to call me at 0848832469 and I will relay the message. Also, new shop will be closed mondays, same as Maripaun was.

Khun Ullyses, thank you also and I am in fact a very frequent customer at all your shops, and I always received kind and excellent service at all of them.

Thank you all for kind words, and I will try to answer your questions. Khun Orang, in fact we live at Ornsirin muban, which if you know area is also on Maejo Road and very close to Maripaun, and we hope to someday open massage again. We now have Maripaun Beauty Salon at home, but it is very small and Marisa works alone. We still have massage equipment and could technically do massage at home, but Marisa's plan is to go to massage school herself and also when financially able to afford it, to fix up the grounds to make it a beautiful and relaxing area for customers. I will also be honest here. While she did good business at massage, in the end it was just too expensive. The rent was 9,000 baht a month, and we also paid the masseuses both a salary and percentage of the massage fees and also provided room and board. If you add all this to other expenses, such as electricity and water, it was just too expensive. Also, the success of the business was based on masseuses, who are now in business for themselves and best of luck to them. They are lovely people and excellent masseuses, and I will still remain a friend and also a customer. If and when we do go back into massage business, I will post an announcement on forum.

Rumcabal, the shop is located in same row of buildings as Maripaun. I will leave sign out front of maripaun for now to help people find new place. New massage is 7 buildings down from Maripaun, heading towards Mae Jo. Maripaun was 6.5 kms from Meechok Plaza, on opposite side of Mae Jo Road. Go to second stop light from Meechok Plaza and Rimping Supermarket, then make u-turn at second light and head back towards Chiang Mai. Maripaun located just past Wawee Coffee and Ornsirin muban. New shop will be open in about 3 days. Phone number is 0852849118. However I must be honest that masseuses do not speak English all that well, but they do speal nit noi. If you call for appointment and have a problem, feel free to call me at 0848832469 and I will relay the message. Also, new shop will be closed mondays, same as Maripaun was.

Khun Ullyses, thank you also and I am in fact a very frequent customer at all your shops, and I always received kind and excellent service at all of them.

Many Thanks for that information Leininger and best of luck to your wifes new venture in the future

I've had some great massages at Maripuan from the two ladies and will take my business to their new shop. I tried out this place after reading a recommendation on here many months ago. I wasn't disappointed.