Cod: Black Ops Dlc Can Anyone Get It?

ozymandious

GRRRRRRRRRR want to rip my hair out this blows so much.

Where to start…

I got an Xbox 360 for my B-day a year ago and it's been chugging along fine. Counsel purchased in here in Thailand think it's a JAP model

I picked up Modern Warfare 2 last year and played it on-line and had a great time. I got Xbox gold buy using one of the cards that you buy at a shop for 1 or 3 months to test it out. The card was purchased in the states. I let the Live account slip into silver.

Later on, on one of my trips to the stats I pick up a few more scratch cards for Live-Gold access. They don't work (What the heck) I call Xbox support and they say since you bought the cards in the states you need a US based Live account… (Thailand is NOT a supported country so I created my account in Singapore) OK, so I make a new account and say goodbye to my old friends list and gamer score just so I can play online again. I get Black Ops at launch and play and have a good time.

My prepaid cards had just run out and they were offering a special on XBOX Live for a one year Gold subscription at 33% off so I buy it.

(This is the first time I've given Xbox my Credit card Info) and buy some MS points because First Strike is just about to come out.

I try to Buy the Map Pack on the counsel and it craps out, I try to buy it over at xbox.com and get some really weird error message.

Apparently the Map pack is an EN (English) Version only. Therefore not compatible with my "Asian" disk, which I might add IS COMPLETELY IN ENGLISH!

"First on Xbox" apparently only applies if you live in the US.

Ok, ok I search the web for the release date for the PS3 and PC versions. First strike launches for PS3 March 3rd GLOBALY. And I figure all I need to do is to wait until then and then there will be a global version out for the rest of the xbox world that is not based in the US. WRONG!

It's still not up there and it gets worse.

So now I'm checking support forums and Google to see what I can do.

Bear in mind I'm trying to Pay for a product. I'm trying to give you my money Activision.

Activison says:

If you do not see the version of the map pack for your language then you are likley using a version of the game that is not available in your region. In this case you have 2 options:

1. Use a different Call of Duty: Black Ops game disc purchased in the region of your Xbox LIVE account.

2. Use an Xbox Live account from a region that matches the region of your disc.

So I can buy the disk AGAIN from the states where I don't live. Or scrap my account yet again. I don't know what will happen to my year subscription and points that I have already purchased.

:offtopic2:

The worst part about all this is that I have learned , through Google searches, US service men who have a US Xbox, Game, and live account who are stationed abroad are also getting screwed by this Geofencing.

I've talked with some friends In Australia who say that they can't get the map pack either. can anyone/does anyone out here have it?

Trying to play by the rules and getting screwed. I'm just exasperated and in need of a drink.

• 1 month later...

This was interesting reading for me as a PS3 owner thinking about changing over to the Xbox. After gaming online here for several years my frustration has been growing and been pushed to the limit with the lag on Black Ops and now the PSN going down for so long.

There is similar problems with DLC map packs and I had to open accounts in the US in order to purchase them since Sony has never offered any of the COD map packs in Singapore or Thailand accounts. I think I'll hold back for a while until I do a bit more research into where to register an Xbox account and where I can buy the games.

When I try to download the DLC I'm confronted by a block. This DLC is for the [Eng] version of this game only. >:-( I haven't called Xbox about it yet. I think I'll have to switch my region on my account to some Asian country (probabley Sing as Thai is not a listed option.)

Edited by ozymandious