Liquid Rules For Domestic Security.

merijn

Normally I have a day stopover in Bangkok before I continue to Phuket. ;)

As I travel for business I only have handluggage and no checked luggage.

The problem I have is that I would like to buy a bottle of whiskey in Dubai airport during my transfer to Bangkok.

This bottle would be placed in a sealed bag to make security happy.

Does the domestic security at Suvarnabhumi accept this bottle in the secure sealed bag to be in my handluggage ?

I never tried this so I don’t have first hand experience but I have never problems with my in ice packs packed caviar which also doesn’t comply with the rules.

So I hope that they are a little bit more realistic and accept a bottle in the sealed bag.

Great way to lose a nice bottle of booze!

Do you want to take the risk, check your luggage in from BKK - HKT.

I saw a man in Amsterdam airport last week made to drop THREE bottles into the bin, he was not happy.

Not likely to be of help to our OP but:-

Announcement made on my Jet Airways arrival on Sunday morning was that those with duty free purchased on-board (and so I assume also from Mumbai) who had onward connections should transfer the bottles to their checked baggage. Mind you, just how that's supposed to happen I don't know.

I have never understood why they allow you to purchase alcohol before you get on the plane and have it rolling about in the overhead lockers during take off and landing. Alcohol is highly flammable and you would think that this is the last type of thing they want on board in the event of an accident. Would it not be safer for all to have the opportunity to buy it after you land ? :huh:

I bought a bottle of gin at Saigon airport, where they put it in a sealed clear plastic bag. I flew with it to Suvarnabhumi and then on to Udon Thani. I then flew back to Suvarnabhumi and then back to Saigon, still with the gin in its sealed bag.

Never once did I have a problem taking it as hand luggage.

That was in January this year.

By the way, I did finally open it when I got home to Saigon.

Edited by samjaidee

I bought a bottle of gin at Saigon airport, where they put it in a sealed clear plastic bag. I flew with it to Suvarnabhumi and then on to Udon Thani. I then flew back to Suvarnabhumi and then back to Saigon, still with the gin in its sealed bag.

Some years ago when buying boose at Duty Free in Swampy, on my way to Canada, they advised me not to buy alcohol. They said I could buy in Hong-Hong and after arriving to Vancouver place in in my check in bag before I board my last flight to Edmonton.

Why take the risk of losing a bottle.

Just buy it on you're way back home, or check you bag.

Me and my girlfriend lost a few liqiuds because of the stupid regulations.

Because i have almost nothing to check in.

My ( briefcase size )carry on is all i have.

Therefore taking the bottle within my carry on is the only option i have.

Edited by merijn

Some years ago when buying boose at Duty Free in Swampy, on my way to Canada, they advised me not to buy alcohol. They said I could buy in Hong-Hong and after arriving to Vancouver place in in my check in bag before I board my last flight to Edmonton.

some years ago . was that before 9/11 . :D james hat yai

some years ago . was that before 9/11 . :D james hat yai

Probably not, considering Swampy opened 5-6 years later.