New Tourist Visa

A friend from the USA ( currently in BKK )needs a new tourist visa and is thinking of getting it in Penang...

He asks the following...

How long is processing for a single entry tourist visa?

Can he request a multi or double entry?

Visa costs?

Can he download the visa application from the net?

Are visas available for thailand ex Penang?

Any special requirements other than what we normally have from say the UK , US or Aust?

What documents are required?

Thanks in advance

Edited by supaprik

Look for availability of tourist visa's in the region here:

http://www.thaivisa....ring-countries/

Normally you pick the visa up the next work day.

reading what you sent me is very helpful......but upon reading it I find that he has had an extention to he exsisting visa ( stamped in Pattaya ) from what I can understand he will not be granted any visa from Penang and therfore must go to Laos or Cambodia? Is this correct?....If so why is Malaysia making it so difficult? Which place is the best place to get his visa? Thanks again

Correct, if he has an extension it would not be wise to try in Penang. Laos or Cambodia would be better.

Either will do. Currently Thai consulates are coming down on people continuously staying in Thailand on tourist visa's. The tourist visa is not meant for that.

Correct, if he has an extension it would not be wise to try in Penang. Laos or Cambodia would be better.

Either will do. Currently Thai consulates are coming down on people continuously staying in Thailand on tourist visa's. The tourist visa is not meant for that.

Thanks heaps Mario, not what we wanted to hear but great to finally have some clear concise advice and direction..cheers

You do not say how many tourist visa he has had but the way Lao is on the visas I would give Cambodia a go.

he has many, he has been in LOS for 2 years off and on and normally he went to Laos/ Cambodia previously but this time he was wanting to take a look around Penang and thus do it there but this seems not an option..

You do not say how many tourist visa he has had but the way Lao is on the visas I would give Cambodia a go.

he has many, he has been in LOS for 2 years off and on and normally he went to Laos/ Cambodia previously but this time he was wanting to take a look around Penang and thus do it there but this seems not an option..

In that case do not got to Lao all he will get ther is a red stamp. Penang is also a wast of time. He is better off going to Cambodia and paying a tout at a visa agency 3000 baht to get his double entry tourist visas.

In that case do not got to Lao all he will get ther is a red stamp. Penang is also a wast of time. He is better off going to Cambodia and paying a tout at a visa agency 3000 baht to get his double entry tourist visas.

Cheers and thanks again...I am so glad I am Australian with an Apec card 90 days,no reporting and never ever have I seen the inside on a Thai embassy.... :)

Can anybody tell me if the touts in cambodia are a dead cert??? I was in Loas only the other month and i was only granted a single entry visa that was fine but now i'm reading that Loas are refusing visa's so i'm looking for a plan B

What does cambodia entail as i've never been to the embassy in phon penn plus i'm due a break :rolleyes: could people get back to me with a bit of info please that would be great

Edited by kainy83