What Fuel Do You Use In The New Honda City Sv

vistana

I am intersted to know what fuel other members use in their Honda City SV (2011) model, and what sort of mileage your achieving as well as performance?

We have been using benzine 91 which is the most expensive fuel around!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Vistana

Do you have a Owners Manual ? :rolleyes:

I have checked in my owners manual and it doesnt mention anything about what fuel TV users are using in their cars.

I am using same, benzine 91 and also would be interested to hear what others are using and the effects it has.

Edited by sketcher

In my 2006 vtec city i use gasohol 95. My car is left unused for 2 month at the time when I go overseas for work. When I get home I connect the battery and the engine starts in first try.

Fuel economy is not that good at app. 11-12 km/l but then again I don't try very hard to save fuel.

Do you have a Owners Manual ? :rolleyes:

I have checked in my owners manual and it doesnt mention anything about what fuel TV users are using in their cars.

I am using same, benzine 91 and also would be interested to hear what others are using and the effects it has.

:lol: Did your manual say anything about what sort of fuel they recommend. Or do you trust TV members more than the manufacturer :rolleyes:

Having just been back to the Honda dealership it turns out that the new model Honda City model can use all types of fuel, E20, Gasohol 91,95 as well as benzine 91 and 95, the dealer recommended Gasohol 95 and E20 for long journeys, although several of the staff at the dealership were using E20 all the time and were satisfied with the performance and kms per litre. They did say that if you change fuels try to run the tank right down before changing to different fuel.

Have started to use gasohol 95 (better than gasohol 91) and will report back in due course.

Vistana

Having just been back to the Honda dealership it turns out that the new model Honda City model can use all types of fuel, E20, Gasohol 91,95 as well as benzine 91 and 95, the dealer recommended Gasohol 95 and E20 for long journeys, although several of the staff at the dealership were using E20 all the time and were satisfied with the performance and kms per litre. They did say that if you change fuels try to run the tank right down before changing to different fuel.

Have started to use gasohol 95 (better than gasohol 91) and will report back in due course.

Vistana

In my new Mazda 2 I use Gasahol 91 and it is absolutely fine plus its cheap. inside filler cap it does say Ethanol up to E20 I think. can not confirm that as car is at work shop.

Edited by kenny999

Vistana

In my new Mazda 2 I use Gasahol 91 and it is absolutely fine plus its cheap. inside filler cap it does say Ethanol up to E20 I think. can not confirm that as car is at work shop.

:rolleyes:

Vistana

:rolleyes:

Lol nothing to do with the engine I might add.

• 5 weeks later...
I am intersted to know what fuel other members use in their Honda City SV (2011) model, and what sort of mileage your achieving as well as performance?

Vistana

I have the same car and use Benzin 91 -- I have (probably irrational) concerns about the politically driven 'biohol' fuels. Did a longish trip yesterday and at the price of 43.30Bt per liter, I reckon it is costing just under 3Bt per kilometer to run. The biohols are cheaper, but the car uses more fuel, I believe. And I have read there is a performance hit with the biohol fuels as well.

Vistana

I have the same car and use Benzin 91 -- I have (probably irrational) concerns about the politically driven 'biohol' fuels. Did a longish trip yesterday and at the price of 43.30Bt per liter, I reckon it is costing just under 3Bt per kilometer to run. The biohols are cheaper, but the car uses more fuel, I believe. And I have read there is a performance hit with the biohol fuels as well.

Its 36 baht vs 43 baht at the moment. Yes there is a slight difference in fuel economy (Gasohol is slightly worse), but not 7 baht per litre difference! I would get 10 km/l on 91 and 9.5 km/l on gasohol, for example. Original benzene 91 just isn't economically viable compared to gasohol at the current prices. Never had a problem on gasohol and no noticeable difference in performance either (this is a honda civic 2.0).

I don't know much about benzine which is to say I have heard of it and that is all. Gasohol in the longer term can cause damage to engine parts and fuel system without a few modifications. With E10 or less this isn't much of a concern but more than E10 these mods should be seriously considered. The proper mods will also allow the engine to run more efficiently and reduces emissions.

As far as the octane goes, higher octane will ignite at a higher temperature. This is important for higher compression engines as temperature is directly proportionate to pressure. In a typical 4 stroke engine the ignition takes place when the piston is 4 degrees before top dead center. If you have a high compression engine (sports car or muscle car) and are use low octane fuel the air/fuel mixture will ignite too soon trying to push the piston back down as the crank and connecting rod is pushing it up, this will cause that knock and ping and power loss. Most cars do not need high octane fuel, if you use it when not needed it will still ignite at the proper time when the spark plug fires and you just spent more money for fuel than required.

Usually shows what you can use inside of the filler cap flap.

The Mrs car shows 91 red or gasohol 91 E10.

I put gasohol 91 in all the time.

People keep telling her we should put 91 red in sometimes as well or it will ruin the engine quicker, don't know whether there is any truth in it or not. B)

I was somewhat amused because a guy who told her owns the nearby garage that only stocks 91 red and Diesel. :)

Edited by Kwasaki