Money To England.

Hi all

I know there are a few topics about sending money to UK but just thought id explain my sitiuation.

I have Bank of Ayudhya Krungsi Bank Savings account with visa debit card. I got this when I was working in bangkok with a work permit. However I have not left my job, still have the account and no longer have the work permit.

I want to transfer about 5k quid to UK. I was going to go to my thai bank and just transfer. I think limit is about 500 quid per day. But Im concerned by:

a) If I no longer have a work permit they may not let me have to account.

B) Ask for my work permit and proof before I send the money to UK.

Do you think they will ask to see my passport with work permit? Also I just got a new passport also, so it has a different passport no on it.

The best method is this SWIFT thing they have there it seems.

any help appreciated

Ta

In my experience the passport is used as a form of Identiy check and nothing more. Just like the Thais have their ID card we ferang have to use our passport. There should be no issue about your work permit as the account is already in place, all they probably want will be proof of ID which your passport provides. You simply explain if asked that you have a NEW passport and take the old one with you just in case.

Should be no problems

SCB has 200k per account per day which is just about £4000 That would obviously mean 8 x £500 withdrawals but nothing more complicated. Or you could just take cash.

I'd see what the bank want. I thought some banks allowed you to SWIFT from online once you had done some in bank paperwork previously ?

If they play stupid. Open another account and have 2 accounts on internet banking and you should be safe for £8k a day. Remember to up the limits at the ATM with your passport number before leaving LOS.

If you have a copy of your old work permit and the money in your account was deposited during its validity then there should be no problem transferring it as you cacn show where the money came from.

But as you know the TIT 'logic' might be an obstacle in that - no current Work Permit = mai dai.

If you are going to the UK, just draw it out at any ATM when you are there, its only 5k so you could do it in 10 withdrawls.

You mean use my thai account debit card to withdraw cash in a UK ATM? I never thought of that. I could even post the debit card to my parents to do. Will that work in the UK and is the exchange rate and charges ok? I have Bank of Ayudhya Krungsi bank visa debit card.

thanks

Edited by bolobolo