Current Hours For Exiting Thailand, Entering Laos At Friendship Bridge ?

Sawasdee Khrup,

I am considering flying Nok Air from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani.

If I arrive in UT at 7PM, go straight to Friendship Bridge by taxi from the airport, would I reach the bridge in time to successfully exit Thai immigration, cross the bridge, and pass through Laos immigration ?

Appreciate your advice ! (I did search this forum for the information prior to posting this, as well as Googled)

best, ~o:37;

Should be 2200 hours for closing: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/434817-nong-khai-friendship-bridge-operation-hours/

Be interested to hear, tho, what you end up paying for:

1- transport from the Thai side to Lao Immigration;

2- taxi, tuk tuk, or what ever, from the Lao side of the bridge to downtown Vientiane.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Mac,

Thanks for that link: should have searched the entire TV forum, not just the "Visa" forum !

Usually I try to round up some fellow travellers to the Bridge (I speak Thai fairly well) and bargain for a group price, but in the past I've been travelled Chiang Mai to UT by bus, so we'll see if that strategem works travelling a bit more hi-so :) The last few times, I've been lucky enough to recruit other people coming and going, and get low prices.

Will post specific feedback after the journey.

Edited by orang37

and i don't believe NOK is flying to Udon after March 26

Sawasdee Khrup, Mistakurtz,

Thanks ! I checked Nok's on-line booking today and they had planes CM<=>UT listed as late as March 25, but I wasn't aware they were pulling out that flight on the 26th. I'll probably go to buy the ticket tomorrow, and will inquire.