Le Spice Indian - Disappointing

mallmagician

Hinlay Curry House. 8/1 Na WatKet road T.watkateA.Muang 50000. tel:053 242612 081952 3155. It serves northern Style Gang hanlay and other ... Went there Saturday night, food was terrific.

Do you have any gps specifications? :rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hinlay Curry House. 8/1 Na WatKet road T.watkateA.Muang 50000. tel:053 242612 081952 3155. It serves northern Style Gang hanlay and other ... Went there Saturday night, food was terrific.

Lousy service, many items snot available, oily food. Nothing worth recommending about this place. Enjoy Le spice & my partner is Thai and hates salt so there is no problem there. Pity they have such variable staff, but that is a major issue in this town.

Nonsense. I'm a regular and I've never experienced what you describe.

I agree with Loaded. I've eaten food from Hinlay many times and have never experienced what Brommers complains about. IMHO Hinlay has the best Indian food in CM (which makes it just good, not great---I've never found what I would consider really excellent Indian food in CM, but Hinlay food is still well worth eating).

Just saw this thrtead for the first time.

Le Spice used to be a firm favourite, until we (me, wife, father in law) went at Xmas 2009, It had just changed hands, we shared dishes as you do and all three of us had food poisoning, way beyond the usual gastro.

Needless to say we have not been back.

• 2 weeks later...

Lousy service, many items snot available, oily food. Nothing worth recommending about this place. Enjoy Le spice & my partner is Thai and hates salt so there is no problem there. Pity they have such variable staff, but that is a major issue in this town.

Have to agree most of the things I've ordered have been very oily. Very tasty, but oily. Can anyone recommend something from their menu that is less oily? I tried to ask the staff but my Thai wasn't up to the job.

We left England for Aus in 1987 and there were no Indian restaurants in our town. There are now, and on a couple of vists home we've been to different ones and English Indian food is foul - so sweet and pretty tasteless to boot. I'm a lover of spicy food but I'm not a lover of hot food (spicy does not mean chili). We lived in Malaysia for some time, where it is said to be the closest thing to genuine Tamil food, and I love it. There is a trend in Bombay at the moment where they are opening 'English Indian' restaurants and the middle classes are flocking to them. On a visa run to Cambodia last year we tried an Indian restaurant, and it was obviously aimed at English people - it tasted exactly the same as in Middlesbro; sweet and bland. The only decent Indian food I've had outside of Malaysia is what I've made myself - there are hundreds of web sites with hundreds of recipes, but you need to find the Indian or Malaysian sites to get genuine recipes. Not that I ever stick to them religiously - to me cooking is an art, you put in what seems to be right.

Note for anonymouse - to make Indian flat bread, are you using chapati flour? They sell it in 1kg bags at the Bombay stall at Warrarot. Like home made yoghurt, it takes a few goes until you get it just right, but it's worth persevering with because once you've mastered it, you'll never make another bad one.