Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Mazda BT50 Pro auto 4 door August delivery... apparently, and thats without waiting 6 months on a model that is still 6 months away from delivery.

Mazda seem to be more co-operative than Ford. But of course it could all be dealer B.S.

Or Mazda can't find an export market for the BT50? laugh.png

Bit of truth in both statements. Ford have BIG back orders in Australia for Rangers whereas the Mazda BT-50 doesn't have a look in... and never will with those girly looks IMHO. Mazda therefore has a larger percentage of their local production available for the local market... at the moment.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fuel has been about 11.2 for the last few months. 2.2 Wildtrak

When did you order your WT and when was it delivered?

If the info is in this thread... let me know... thanks.

Yeah I posted when I first got it, not sure which page, can't be bothered looking....

I ordered it on the 1st ro 2nd day of the show. I was number 50 or something around that numberI got the first batch, I picked it up a few days before Songkran. I got the Chilli orange.

Yeah I posted when I first got it, not sure which page, can't be bothered looking....

I ordered it on the 1st ro 2nd day of the show. I was number 50 or something around that numberI got the first batch, I picked it up a few days before Songkran. I got the Chilli orange.

What date was the show, i ordered a 2.2 wildtrak in January from the Phuket dealer and was told delivery in April

Still have not taken delivery and they cannot tell me when i will get it

So I went to the ford dealer and asked to transfer from Wildtrack (6 months now) to XLT.

OK 3 months wait, no date.

So I said that's not good enough. I want a date not a vague 3 months.

So they have until Friday to reply with a more accurate date.

Meanwhile Mazda can get me an auto in August. SO THEY SAID!

Sent from someplace that is near a wifi point!

So I went to the ford dealer and asked to transfer from Wildtrack (6 months now) to XLT.

Your dealer will not be able to give you that info.

They're all kept in the dark from Ford HQ.

Poppycock Stefan, the dealers have an allocation sheet and they know what vehicles they are getting and when.

Poppycock Stefan, the dealers have an allocation sheet and they know what vehicles they are getting and when.

Shame we can't deal directly with Ford, 'cos if what you say is true, the dealers are a bunch of lying "insert your choice of profanity here"

What date was the show, i ordered a 2.2 wildtrak in January from the Phuket dealer and was told delivery in April

Still have not taken delivery and they cannot tell me when i will get it

Order my wildtrak 2.2 4x4 January 8th, still no truck. Order a mazda bt-50 end of February too, still no truck

Shame we can't deal directly with Ford, 'cos if what you say is true, the dealers are a bunch of lying "insert your choice of profanity here"

I've a 3 page complaint that I banged off to Ford HQ. The truck is a beauty, I'm well happy with it. But the customer service from the dealers in Surin was dreadful. So bad it makes my blood boil thinking about it.

Ordered 3.2 WT beginning Sep 2011, have listened to the " next month " routine for the last 7 months being passed between dealership and customer service in BKK with all the BS excuses, didn' t receive any of the letters that were issued, and bang this week I receive a letter, and a T- shirt, saying that estimated delivery is Dec 2012.

This is how they treat an existing customer who has already spent 700 K Baht this year ( I had to wait 4- 5 months for that one too ).

Shower of w*****s.

Ha, that would be way too easy.

They can't even supply that information in Australia let alone here.

LOL

On other news,

I went to the exhaust stainless steel fabricator to check prices.

I wanted to remove the CAT right there.

After some investigation the 2.2 has a 2 piece exhaust.

The front section behind the turbo being over a meter long, with the CAT being integrated.

I should have got some pics on the phone as I was there, just wasn't thinking.

I thought the Cat would have been a 500mm section (easy to remove and re install when going for a service) that is not the case.

I got a price if 1,000 if he cuts up the CAT, or 2,500 for a stainless front section.

I don't want it super loud, so I'd leave the standard back box on.

What does removing the CAT do to the warranty from Ford's view?

I also got him to investigate the EGR while I was there.

dam_n, they couldn't have put it in a more difficult place if they tried (or maybe the did!)!

Ha, that would be way too easy.

They can't even supply that information in Australia let alone here.

LOL

When I put down a deposit on my 2.2 XLT Hi-Rider the dealer produced an allocation sheet that listed what vehicles (colour/engine/transmission/4x4/hirider etc) were due for delivery and I chose from the Black Mica which is to be delivered 2nd week of August.

Ford made a royal f@@@ up on the launch, partly due to the Thai floods.

The rumor is,

Dealers in Thailand and Australia were allotted a certain number of cars.

That meant that dealers would order all they could without having the customers.

obviously, this back fired when customers were walking in and out with cars in a couple of weeks, while people that ordered 6 months ago were still waiting.

That's why Ford HQ took over and issue numbers for the trucks to the dealers, if you've got the number you cab track it like a parcel down the production line.

That's why Ford HQ took over and issue numbers for the trucks to the dealers,

As I said, I chose my new Ranger from the allocation sheet provided to the dealer.

What dealer (location) and when did you pay this deposit and see this sheet? There's 70-odd pages of contributions here that say they have never been offered this service, including me. I ordered my 2.2 XLT (paid deposit) in early Feb and took delivery last day of April in Meaung udon Thani. I never saw an allocation sheet and as my earliest posts suggest, there's nobody more surprised than the sales guys at my dealership when a transporter shows up on a Monday morning with a mish-mash of Ford's onboard.

3 weeks ago, the Ford salesman met me at one of our Mazda dealerships, not sure which dealership he works at, Ford Leasing (Tisco) came to my work in Laem Chabang to sort the finance papers.

OK, thanks for that. So a relatively recent development since nobody here has mentioned seeing on, either those who have got their Rangers already or the ones that are still waiting.

According to the Aussie Ranger forum, some dealers have been able to identify the boat that a customer's truck is on as well as the berthing date and location. Some customers even have pictures of their trucks as they are being unloaded.

I still reckon my dealership guys will be standing around in wide-eyed amazement when they front up for work tomorrow and there's another transporter parked outside waiting to be emptied. "Wow Somchai! Where did THAT come from?"

Dropped by the dealership to see if there was any sign of the regular plates. They happily refunded my 3000 baht deposit, removed the red plates, took back the log book and gave me my tax sticker for the window... and a receipt that states the actual plates will be ready in 120 days! Ah well, at least I can drive at night again in semi-stealth mode. I will still avoid the brown-shirted extortionists at the Ploenchit-Expressway off-ramp in Bangkok though.

Quick question for the guys already rolling around in their new Rangers. How many keys did you get?

I received one remote locking ignition key and one standard ignition key, total of 2.

When we got the CR-V a few years back, we got two of the remote lockers and one standard, total of 3.

Just wondering if only one of each is standard for Ford or if they cocked up.

Quick question for the guys already rolling around in their new Rangers. How many keys did you get?

I received one remote locking ignition key and one standard ignition key, total of 2.

When we got the CR-V a few years back, we got two of the remote lockers and one standard, total of 3.

Ford website says one remote key, by the way Mazda website says two remote keys.

I got the same as you with the Wildtrak.

One remote and one standard key.

I got the same as you with the Wildtrak.

One remote and one standard key.

Same here with an XLT.

Just got my Isuzu V-Cross 4 days ago after 3 month waiting. Amazing car, stable, can take a real pothole, has all that you wish for and needs 14.5 km/l, going 100 km/h. Rear camera, Garmin Navi, quite ugly brown leather, storeroom everywhere and - a hook for shopping bags behind the front seat. Now does Ford have that? The Hook? Guess why...

I wanted Isuzu, just not to support the american gangsters that drove the world economy to where it is right now.

Had a look at the new Colorado, very nice, but now there is no more Isu in it, so a repair is out of the question/location + apparently it does need a lot of gas, as we know from american cars.

GM (obviously) does not have the money to pay for some patents to get motor management up to date.

Just one owner told me this, it is not confirmed.

Why wait for a truly nice design, get the well known horrible Ford/Mazda Service and eventually drive of with mediocre technology?

Is there an Apple-Follower-Syndrom at work?

I am not a car buff but isn't the d-max and colarado the same truck just with a different badge? and isn't Isuzu just another name for General motors also from the American gangsters that drove the world economy into the ground?

Just got my Isuzu V-Cross 4 days ago after 3 month waiting. Amazing car, stable, can take a real pothole, has all that you wish for and needs 14.5 km/l, going 100 km/h. Rear camera, Garmin Navi, quite ugly brown leather, storeroom everywhere and - a hook for shopping bags behind the front seat. Now does Ford have that? The Hook? Guess why...

I wanted Isuzu, just not to support the american gangsters that drove the world economy to where it is right now.

Had a look at the new Colorado, very nice, but now there is no more Isu in it, so a repair is out of the question/location + apparently it does need a lot of gas, as we know from american cars.

GM (obviously) does not have the money to pay for some patents to get motor management up to date.

Why wait for a truly nice design, get the well known horrible Ford/Mazda Service and eventually drive of with mediocre technology?

I am not a car buff but isn't the d-max and colarado the same truck just with a different badge? and isn't Isuzu just another name for General motors also from the American gangsters that drove the world economy into the ground?

Isuzu and Chevy Colorado still share the same platform,but the Chevy has ALL NEW 2.8 L Italian design engine,while Isuzu still has the "old" one in...besides the "gangster" stuff...smile.png

Isuzu and Chevy Colorado still share the same platform,but the Chevy has ALL NEW 2.8 L Italian design engine,while Isuzu still has the "old" one in...besides the "gangster" stuff...smile.png

So is this new Italian design engine better than the D-max's 3.0 L and 2.5 L motors?

maybe carsten007 might add the Italian mafia to his list too :)

So is this new Italian design engine better than the D-max's 3.0 L and 2.5 L motors?

maybe carsten007 might add the Italian mafia to his list too smile.png

It's probably to early for any conclusions...I would say,the new should be better...as for Isuzu(and Toyota),they don't really need to improve...Thais will buy it by a bunch no matter what...it's like a reliable tractor wink.png ...and has the best resale value(beats me why?!)...smile.png TIT