Rego Plate Stickers In Blue Stars In Thailand

In Thailand I see many cars with a label just to the left of the plate, on a Blue background, with a ' D ' and many white stars simuliar to the EU logo above it, What does it mean? When I first saw it I thought maybe Diplomatic, but no way, the number I have seen out side of BK.

A copper [bib] came to the salon yesterday, and he had the same plate on his truck, he spoke good english and i asked him if he family ties in Germany, he said no Why? i explained that the D surrounded by stars is more or less what they have in Duecheland, , he said he bought the cover in a BKK shop for 300 odd baht, and it looks good,

So no, it dosnt mean anything, just a cover, [unless you are german]

I think you can also buy the covers blank too.

There's a farang in the south with a black pick-up and the number plate covers, it seems that he's had stickers made that show the UK flag and UK initials.

By the looks of the covers they're just accessories to help Thai registrations look more European in style.

Edited by Scuddy

Hi,

this is a pimp my ride type of thing, the same as when people put TRD on their Toyota Vigo or Nismo on the Navara, etc.

The D is the designated letter for Germany, so as Germany are known for their excellence in motors some people (usually younger people) have their number plates mounted onto a plate with the German D on it.

I'm not absolutely sure but believe this is ilegal but there again so are tinting your windows and I have never heard of anyone getting into trouble for that.

Regards,

Tiger.

Hi,

this is a pimp my ride type of thing, the same as when people put TRD on their Toyota Vigo or Nismo on the Navara, etc.

The D is the designated letter for Germany, so as Germany are known for their excellence in motors some people (usually younger people) have their number plates mounted onto a plate with the German D on it.

I'm not absolutely sure but believe this is ilegal but there again so are tinting your windows and I have never heard of anyone getting into trouble for that.

Regards,

Tiger.

Tinting windows are legal in LOS. all windows any percantage

any kind of plate covers are illegal since late 2010, but there are EU/Deutscland frames not covering plate itself being legal