Airport Departure Parking Charge

Just to let everyone know, they are now charging to leave your car at the airport (departure side). First 15 minutes free, the 200THB for every 24 hours thereafter.

Unfortunate as we have often left our car there when we go away, up to 3 - 4 weeks at a time...guess we have been lucky up until now and will have to start taking a taxi...oh the thought of that is too much!!!

and if they werent making enough money already

Yes I got caught out a couple of weeks ago - Too late to turn around and change plans - came back to a 1500 Baht Fee !

alot of people would have been caught out, they could have at least stated somewhere they will start charging ...

For goodness sake! You would think that in compensation for paying outrageous amounts for their tickets (presumably return if you were leaving your car) they would at least let you leave your car there for nothing! That car parked there could potentially represent up to 6 or 7 return tickets! Give us a break!

You should be able to park for free on presentation of a return ticket at least. So petty!

and if they werent making enough money already

Yes I got caught out a couple of weeks ago - Too late to turn around and change plans - came back to a 1500 Baht Fee !

alot of people would have been caught out, they could have at least stated somewhere they will start charging ...

Yes - At least to those with residents cards that they like to send endless promotions -Fly to Mumbai - and get 20 Bonus points , stay here , there ......//

I did fill out a complaint form at the time ( over 2 weeks ago ) and am waiting .........../

No, sorry.

Every airport I have ever been to has had long term parking for a fee. Many countries, many airports...

Sounds like you guys had a good thing going there. :lol:

true

but what airports in the world are owned by the airline that dont allow low cost carries to land at there airport

note

can feel another BKK air bashing thread starting :jap:

This car park now is run by Samui travel I assume they have the concession. I feel 100bt per day if it was under cover and clean a reasonable amount, since they have started charging for parking the area has not been swept it's still muddy and slimy. Also when I asked for my receipt for 900bt on departing the other day the girl was long face and not happy maybe she was going to pocket the money it's all cash business.

No, sorry.

Every airport I have ever been to has had long term parking for a fee. Many countries, many airports...

Whilst i utterly despise Bangkok Airways i very reluctantly have to agree with you, to a point anyway.

The initial point you make is correct in that every airport charges. HOWEVER, where else charges for times the normal fares? Nowhere. I do know of a hospital that charges four times the amount the others do.

Now, let me think, who owns the Bangkok Samui Hospital...........

No, sorry.

Whilst i utterly despise Bangkok Airways i very reluctantly have to agree with you, to a point anyway.

The initial point you make is correct in that every airport charges. HOWEVER, where else charges for times the normal fares? Nowhere. I do know of a hospital that charges four times the amount the others do.

Also, all other airports are used by hundreds of airlines. Im guessing but I would imagine about 97% of all flights leaving Samui are Bkk Airways, so the chances are, almost all people using the airport carpark are Bkk Airways customers who have paid or should I say overpaid for their tickets both ways.

No, sorry.

Also, all other airports are used by hundreds of airlines. Im guessing but I would imagine about 97% of all flights leaving Samui are Bkk Airways, so the chances are, almost all people using the airport carpark are Bkk Airways customers who have paid or should I say overpaid for their tickets both ways.

thats only because Dick Turpin Airlines won't let the other airlines use this one. :rolleyes:

No, sorry.

thats only because Dick Turpin Airlines won't let the other airlines use this one. :rolleyes:

Exactly!

we have often left our car there when we go away, up to 3 - 4 weeks at a time...

and now your suprised that people are getting charged!

I agree, it's not really surprising that a charge has been levied when people take the pi.. Although I feel that holders of a Bangkok Airways residents card should be given a decent discount.

Slightly off the thread but related:

It's been said before but... other airlines CAN use Samui airport. It's laid down in the Thai AIP.

They choose not to because they have to pay a very much higher landing fee than at the Government owned and subsidised airports such as Surat,Nakhorn, Phuket, Chumphorn to name but a few.

If these airports were ever to become privatised (which is highly unlikely as apart from Phuket they all run at a massive loss)I fear that there would be quite an increase in the fares.

So I think a toast is in order to the Thai Taxpayer for enabling Air Asia, Nok Air etc to publish cheaper airfares. :clap2:

No, sorry.

No....not every airport charges for parking...now where shall we start,how about close to home such as Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammerat who do not levy any charge!

Phuket airport charges plus you have to wait an age for the minibus drivers who have most times blocked you in.

Bangkok airport charges but reasonable facilties.

9 out of 10 piers charge for long term (over 24hrs) parking.

Samui Airport I always struggle to park there when i have to go on 1- 2 days business to either Bangkok or Singapore,undertsand now with people leaving trucks/cars there for two weeks.

So over 5 days its cheaper to get a cab now thats all.

No, sorry.

No....not every airport charges for parking...now where shall we start,how about close to home such as Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammerat who do not levy any charge!

I did say "Every airport I have ever been to"... :rolleyes:

I don't really have an opinion on this matter, I was just poking the fun.

In fact I don't side with Bangkok Airways in most matters; since 2007 I am definitely an ex-customer who would rather swim to BKK than use them.

For goodness sake! You would think that in compensation for paying outrageous amounts for their tickets (presumably return if you were leaving your car) they would at least let you leave your car there for nothing! That car parked there could potentially represent up to 6 or 7 return tickets! Give us a break!

You should be able to park for free on presentation of a return ticket at least. So petty!

Name me another international airport where parking is free???.......Heathrow charge a tenner for a few minutes.........

Always amazes me no one ever mentions that Firefly, comes in & out to/ from KL with discounted flights... friend just paid One Malay R, (10 baht I think that is, plus taxes)...

I realize that does not help those wanting to go to BKK.... but Firefly is never mentioned... The Firefly office just outside the Airport main gate.... Although for discounted flights, you need to do "online".....

As for parking, well I have never come across a Free long term parking anywhere else either.blink.gif

ParadiseLost

I did say "Every airport I have ever been to"... :rolleyes:

I don't really have an opinion on this matter, I was just poking the fun.

In fact I don't side with Bangkok Airways in most matters; since 2007 I am definitely an ex-customer who would rather swim to BKK than use them.

Yes I accept that,but my reply was mainly directed at Carmines comment that 'every airport charges'.

You are correct that there are not many airports that do not charge but I find it ironic that in Bangkok Airways case the next two closest 'international airports' do not.Just when you think that the savings to be made over Bkk Air by flying Air Asia could not get any bigger you suddenly find that they indeed can.

This new parking fee with Bkk Air now means that for the same price on a typical one weeks break you can fill your tank with petrol at 1400 THB (at the cheaper mainland price of course)drive to Surat or Nakhon airports and return to Samui with pleny of fuel in reserve.

Looking at it another way ...if you are away for a number of weeks then the parking fee that you save by not flying BKK Air could actually pay for you Air Asia flights! Basically the long stay car parking will cost as much or more with Bkk Air than to fly with Air Asia thus meaning the whole of the BKK Air fare,and maybe more depending on Air Asia promotion price and trip length,can be saved....and believe me that is no small amount :thumbsup:

Puts a whole new perspective on the gulf between the comparative airfare price dosn't it?

Edited by brizzle

You can all park at my property(5 min from airport), 1.day Baht 200 incl. transfer TO airport, 2.day - 10. day, Baht 100, thereafter Baht 50. Transfer FROM airport either Baht 200 (if park less than 10 days) or Baht 150 if park more than 10 days. What do you get?

Transfer in modern car/mini van, covered parking space, concrete floor,flood save,security,....

I read or seen of a guy in UK (I think) who does that for a living and as mentioned before, at a tenner a day at Heathrow it does make sense. Btw. how much does 1 sqm concrete floor cost? <_<

Name me another international airport where parking is free???.......Heathrow charge a tenner for a few minutes.........

Ubon Ratchathani International airport free parking.

Are you sure, although its title includes International, isnt it only domestic flights there at present?

Edited by ESB7

Ubon Ratchathani International airport free parking.

Are you sure, although its title includes International, isnt it only domestic flights there at present?

international or domestic??......singapore...hongkong...?