Buying A Condo In Jomtien

Patrick66

On the other hand you get the new ones with the new feel but these are often even more over priced versions of the older ones, the walls are just as thin, the fittings are just as tacky and in a few years they will feel just as seedy.

At least old units have ceramic floor tiles (and some are even good quality tiles). Many new builds now come with cheap laminate floors. :angry:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clarify:

- I reject your premise that I am an "investor" (that was the reason for the quotes) and your concept of what or who is an "investor" here

in Pattaya.

- and that buying my condo was "investment" money or I bought into some "false dream".

- all (friends) their condos are rented; they also bought when prices are lower; I agree it would be difficult to get a reasonable return with

current prices.

Maybe disregard my posts today. It is Songkran and I am f&%$#@g tired of having people throw water on me and wipe stinging powder in my eyes. The ritual should be happy with a good heart behind it. I think I am running into too many bad people. But, have a good Songkran if you can :)

Let me apologize if I sounded nasty or rude, it is not my style. Have a great Songkran!

Let me clarify:

- I reject your premise that I am an "investor" (that was the reason for the quotes) and your concept of what or who is an "investor" here

in Pattaya.

- and that buying my condo was "investment" money or I bought into some "false dream".

- all (friends) their condos are rented; they also bought when prices are lower; I agree it would be difficult to get a reasonable return with

current prices.

Maybe disregard my posts today. It is Songkran and I am f&%$#@g tired of having people throw water on me and wipe stinging powder in my eyes. The ritual should be happy with a good heart behind it. I think I am running into too many bad people. But, have a good Songkran if you can :)

Let me apologize if I sounded nasty or rude, it is not my style. Have a great Songkran!

Thank you! At this point I am ready to rent a huge water truck with water canon and let the A%$#^&les have it. Or, maybe not :) I can only take this holiday for 2 days, after that, it is just too much, like the current sale/rental prices of condos.

.......... Outside of Thailand in a "hot real estate location" they could have turned their properties over many times. So, if they are wanting to make really big money, they are not really in the right place. Of course, they will come back with stories about how they are making huge money and that this is the best market in the world, blah, blah, blah.

Perhaps this the really right place you were referring to,

.......... Outside of Thailand in a "hot real estate location" they could have turned their properties over many times. So, if they are wanting to make really big money, they are not really in the right place. Of course, they will come back with stories about how they are making huge money and that this is the best market in the world, blah, blah, blah.

Perhaps this the really right place you were referring to,

Interesting video, but it is not what I was thinking about. I was thinking about other tropical and semi-tropical areas that are rapidly developing (not in Asia), but there is no way I am going to tell people where those places are :)

>>At least old units have ceramic floor tiles (and some are even good quality tiles). Many new builds now come with cheap laminate floors. <<

Laminate wood flooring can be more expensive in Thailand than tile .I had an area of 10 sqm in my old Condo laminated by Home pro and it cost B25,000 .

My new Condo in Park Lane came with quality large ceramic tile though .

>>At least old units have ceramic floor tiles (and some are even good quality tiles). Many new builds now come with cheap laminate floors. <<

Laminate wood flooring can be more expensive in Thailand than tile .I had an area of 10 sqm in my old Condo laminated by Home pro and it cost B25,000 .

The operative words here are "can be" and "Home Pro".

For those who dont normally check out the DIY forum the following link will give an insight into costs and alternatives.

..............but there is no way I am going to tell people where those places are :)

Yes, secrecy is the best policy. We don't want to create another property bubble.

Absolutely true! There are still a few "relatively unknown" places out there that are fantastic but have not been ruined by rampant development. I am moving to one of them at some point in the future.

The operative words here are "can be" and "Home Pro".

For those who dont normally check out the DIY forum the following link will give an insight into costs and alternatives.

Interesting ,but i find it hard to believe that its only B150 a sqm to get tiles layed in Pattaya .( is that price LT OR ST ;-)

send photos etc I am going down on the 26th to look for a condo

Its rather expensive i agree .I have a Condo in the newly built Park Lane also in Jomtien .Its further down Jomtien about one klm from the condo you mention .Mine is only 36 sqm but has a seperate bedroom and western kitchen .The resort has a 1,800 sqm lagoon pool .I would sell mine to anyone who will give me one and a half million baht .Its in a foreign name .Transfer fee 50/50 .

email [email protected]

Its rather expensive i agree .I have a Condo in the newly built Park Lane also in Jomtien .Its further down Jomtien about one klm from the condo you mention .Mine is only 36 sqm but has a seperate bedroom and western kitchen .The resort has a 1,800 sqm lagoon pool .I would sell mine to anyone who will give me one and a half million baht .Its in a foreign name .Transfer fee 50/50 .

email [email protected]

Will do ,and the price is less than i said its B1,390,000 .I will send you full details .

The View Talay projects were a smart idea. Not because they are nice looking no, they knew the Russikes were coming so based the overall design of the building to something that resembles a housing estate in pre-communist Moscow.

And when pray was pre-communist moscow