Thaksin Says Suvarnabhumi Airport

Jai Dee

PRIME MINISTER IS ASSURED THAT SUVARNABHUMI WILL BECOME AVIATION HUB OF ASIA

The Prime Minister is certain that within three years, the number of passengers at Suvarnabhumi Airport will reach forty-five million, making the airport the aviation hub of the region.

Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday visited the airport before chairing a meeting with the management and development board of Suvarnabhumi Airport. He stated that from his inspection and follow-up of the airport's construction, major runways and passenger facilities have been finished while only minor details remain to be completed and should be ready right on time for the airport's official opening in June 2006.

The Prime Minister also commented that since the current number of passengers handled by Don Muang Airport annually has reached thirty-eight million, the Suvarnabhumi airport project is the correct decision to absorb the number of visitors which keep increasing. Mr. Thaksin is certain that, within three years Suvarnabhumi Airport will meet the forty-five million mark, and will help realize the goal of making Thailand the regional aviation hub of Asia.

Mr. Thaksin has also assigned Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam, the Interior Ministry and the Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board, to study city planning around Suvarnabhumi. The government plans to put Suvarnabhumi airport and surrounding towns under a special administrative system, to facilitate systematic development and economic expansion after airport opening.

Source: thaisnews.com ประจำวันอังคารที่ 27 กันยายน 2548

The Prime Minister is certain that within three years, the number of passengers at Suvarnabhumi Airport will reach forty-five million, making the airport the aviation hub of the region.

Just like he was certain the airport would be openend on time? LOL!

PRIME MINISTER IS ASSURED THAT SUVARNABHUMI WILL BECOME AVIATION HUB OF ASIA

He stated that from his inspection and follow-up of the airport's construction, major runways and passenger facilities have been finished while only minor details remain to be completed and should be ready right on time for the airport's official opening in June 2006.

"...only minor details remain" - and it will take another 9 months to complete. Doesn't sound very minor to me....

I have a strong suspision the last chapter in this long saga has yet to be written...... :o

I heard something about not having the transportation infastructure set up to handle that many people. 38 to 45 million people and not enough taxi's busses, or tuk tuks to get them where they need to go in Bangkok or the proper sized roads to carry the traffic.

Has anyone one else heard that?

Edited by richard10365

I heard something about not having the transportation infastructure set up to handle that many people. 38 to 45 million people and not enough taxi's busses, or tuk tuks to get them where they need to go in Bangkok or the proper sized roads to carry the traffic.

just a minor detail that has been overlooked :o

An "unnamed" friend of mine is a contracts manager on this project. He tells me that the reaility is that the airport is perhaps 90% complete construstion wise but is 0% commissioned.

He tells me that it will be atleast 18 months before the passenger handling systems, Flight control are operational as of the 29th.

The contractors cannot get themselves worked out.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

(my source is a Thai man who prefers to remain anon.)

That was mentioned on The Nation news last evening.

That was mentioned on The Nation news last evening.

oh dear, what a bunch of cynics!!!

It might be the case that, being an aviation HUB, that a lot of the passengers will not actually leave the airport, but will catch an ongoing flight. So Bkk has not a lot to worry about.

One day, there will be a train, not just buses and taxis :o

I have one thing wanna say.

two days ago I went to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Which I know that they not allowed people to get in. But I only want to see how it's look like. So I went up to Anusawarie Chaisamorabhumi to get the bus No. 537. before I go I called to Suvarnabhumi Airport and ask for the details about how to go there by bus from Anusawarie, cause I lived in Sukhumvit 3 Road. So she said 537 is. But I forgot to ask her how to go there buy bus from Petchburi Rd. "I found out was ป.อ.พ 25 from petcburi road also pass Suvarnabhumi Airport. Anyway, I'm a bit lucky that I did not ask the bus number from Petchburi road, If I go that way, I can't enter to the airport. So I went to Suvarnabhumi by bus "ป.อ 537" it's encircle to Abac University, Pattanakarn Road, Seacon Square :o and run for 27KM from Seacon Square to the Airport. I said ok, let it be. At least it will arrive. Then after I arrived there as the bus said Suvarnabhumi Airport so I jump down there. and I see nothing Suvarnabhumi :D So I asked someone there, where is the Suvarnabhumi Airport? he said owww, you have to walk this Road around 3 KM you will arrived the gate. OH 3 KM? ok, I'll go anyway. I walked non stop and it's hot. Until I arrived the gate. And I said, that guy who said it's only 3KM away from there is sxxk. I walked for about 6KM on this road until I saw the soldier standing up and I asked him where is the Suvarnabhumi Airport? he said you have to walk up to this bridge following this road. Which I still don't see the Airport yet. So I walk up to the bridge and walk for 50M and I saw it. :D SHOCK. I SAW THE AIRPORT BUTTTT, AROUND 6 KM TO WALK TO GET THROUGH IT. I don't know if I should walk back or continue to walk. I decided to walk. I walk for about 3KM from the bridge oh yeah, you can see the bridge pictures I captured here SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT PICTURES while I walk there is one guy stop the motorcycle and ask me if I want to go with him to the airport. And my face becoming :D SURE SURE, so he droved me till I get there. The pictures will explained you everything. But THE QUESTION IS they do not allowed people to get in to the airport or even into the building right? But guess, I WALKED IN TO THE BUILDING LIKE EVERYBODY "WORKERS" SAW ME. SO THE SECURITY AT THE AIRPORT IS NOT REALLY STRONG ENOUGH.I walk just like normal walk. I did not hide anything, plus I ask them that how can i get into the building? THey answer me just go to this star and go up. So I walked up and captured a lot of pictures around 115 images. All part of the buildings inside and outsides. When I'm done I search for way out from the buiding. It's quite big, Before I went down there is a man walk to me and ask who are you and what am i doing here, and said that you are not allowed to be here. He is a Thai guy but speaks English to me and ofcourse I am Thai. Just only half French and Italian. But I'm Asian types anyway. not Farang. Anyway, his voice scaring me. So I said I just walk up from downstair to take a pic. and he said you can't. I'm scared that he will take my camera. So I said Ok i'm going out now. Luckyly I did not take my Canon camera. that one is big. I takes my Casio Exilim z55 5.0Megapixel with me. anyway, that's the story, and have a look some of the pictures I cap from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I have one thing wanna say.

two days ago I went to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Which I know that they not allowed people to get in. But I only want to see how it's look like. So I went up to Anusawarie Chaisamorabhumi to get the bus No. 537. before I go I called to Suvarnabhumi Airport and ask for the details about how to go there by bus from Anusawarie, cause I lived in Sukhumvit 3 Road. So she said 537 is. But I forgot to ask her how to go there buy bus from Petchburi Rd. "I found out was ป.อ.พ 25 from petcburi road also pass Suvarnabhumi Airport. Anyway, I'm a bit lucky that I did not ask the bus number from Petchburi road, If I go that way, I can't enter to the airport. So I went to Suvarnabhumi by bus "ป.อ 537" it's encircle to Abac University, Pattanakarn Road, Seacon Square :o  and run for 27KM from Seacon Square to the Airport. I said ok, let it be. At least it will arrive. Then after I arrived there as the bus said Suvarnabhumi Airport so I jump down there. and I see nothing Suvarnabhumi  :D So I asked someone there, where is the Suvarnabhumi Airport? he said owww, you have to walk this Road around 3 KM you will arrived the gate. OH 3 KM? ok, I'll go anyway. I walked non stop and it's hot. Until I arrived the gate. And I said, that guy who said it's only 3KM away from there is sxxk. I walked for about 6KM on this road until I saw the soldier standing up and I asked him where is the Suvarnabhumi Airport? he said you have to walk up to this bridge following this road. Which I still don't see the Airport yet. So I walk up to the bridge and walk for 50M and I saw it.  :D SHOCK. I SAW THE AIRPORT BUTTTT, AROUND 6 KM TO WALK TO GET THROUGH IT. I don't know if I should walk back or continue to walk. I decided to walk. I walk for about 3KM from the bridge oh yeah, you can see the bridge pictures I captured here SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT PICTURES while I walk there is one guy stop the motorcycle and ask me if I want to go with him to the airport. And my face becoming  :D SURE SURE, so he droved me till I get there. The pictures will explained you everything. But THE QUESTION IS they do not allowed people to get in to the airport or even into the building right? But guess, I WALKED IN TO THE BUILDING LIKE EVERYBODY "WORKERS" SAW ME. SO THE SECURITY AT THE AIRPORT IS NOT REALLY STRONG ENOUGH.I walk just like normal walk. I did not hide anything, plus I ask them that how can i get into the building? THey answer me just go to this star and go up. So I walked up and captured a lot of pictures around 115 images. All part of the buildings inside and outsides. When I'm done I search for way out from the buiding. It's quite big, Before I went down there is a man walk to me and ask who are you and what am i doing here, and said that you are not allowed to be here. He is a Thai guy but speaks English to me and ofcourse I am Thai. Just only half French and Italian. But I'm Asian types anyway. not Farang. Anyway, his voice scaring me. So I said I just walk up from downstair to take a pic. and he said you can't. I'm scared that he will take my camera. So I said Ok i'm going out now. Luckyly I did not take my Canon camera. that one is big. I takes my Casio Exilim z55 5.0Megapixel with me. anyway, that's the story, and have a look some of the pictures I cap from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Thanks for sharing your experience and welcome back MistaDorn :D

Explorer :D

Another hub ! !

What's the score now on   Hubs V Crackdowns

Hubs... after 200 days of 2005 : 207

Crackdown after 200 days : 205

It´s nearly neck and neck.

Nearer the finish line, Thailand will be named the Hub of Crackdowns - and then the Hubs would have nearly won - that is until some bigwig with ribbons and medals takes it to sudden death by announcing a Crackdown on Hubs !! :o

Wow that must have been fun, Mr Dorn.  Did u enjoy it?  Nice photos!

But where exactly did you plant the bomb?

Yes, I enjoy it, can say that I'm the first person "stranger" who's been there for the first one and walk all point in Suvarnabhumi Airport :D:o about bomb? hmmm, I cutted the wires hahaha "kidding"

Edited by MistaDorn