Aus Money Transfers To Thailand

PlastikbinLina

I read sometime ago on this forum that the cheapest way to get money from Australia through an ATM in Thailand is through Aeon. True. But you still get slugged by the Aus bank. There's a cheaper way. Open an a/c with Ozforex of Mcquarie, transfer from your bank to them in Aus(no charge using Bpay) they transfer to your Thai Bank for $15 up to $10,000 and free for >$10,000. I hope this helps.

I thought that soliciting advertising was a no no here?

The advertised rates with OzForex are dismal to say the least.

The rates advertised are false,do a xfr and they then they seem to quote a different rate?

Personally I prefer TMB bank in Thai which is partly owned by Maquarrie Bank Aus.

A inter-medium to transfer cash to a Thai bank from overseas tends to lend more complication than is needed. Almost all accredited full-service financial institutions can easily wire funds bank branch to branch. Just need a SWIFT code and account number. The transfer fees are almost nominal - sometimes free of charge. I really don't understand why some insist on involving third parties into such a simple international transaction.....

I thought that soliciting advertising was a no no here?

The advertised rates with OzForex are dismal to say the least.

The rates advertised are false,do a xfr and they then they seem to quote a different rate?

Personally I prefer TMB bank in Thai which is partly owned by Maquarrie Bank Aus.

Yes thank you for your reply. I did think that somehow my attempt to help someone may be misconstrued as advertising, which was not my aim. I would be only to happy for someone to offer advice on how I could xfr my pension in a much cheaper way. My Aus bank charges me $25 when I withdraw through Aeon. Ozforex charges me $15 and the Thai Bank also has a dip for Bht 150. I thought that was an improvement. Hence my post to make a helpful contribution. I'd better crawl back in my hole.

Yes thank you for your reply. I did think that somehow my attempt to help someone may be misconstrued as advertising, which was not my aim. I would be only to happy for someone to offer advice on how I could xfr my pension in a much cheaper way. My Aus bank charges me $25 when I withdraw through Aeon. Ozforex charges me $15 and the Thai Bank also has a dip for Bht 150. I thought that was an improvement. Hence my post to make a helpful contribution. I'd better crawl back in my hole.

Open an account with a Thai bank and transfer the money into it ?

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked with my bank in Aus. There's no way around having to pay a fee. If I withdraw from an ATM here the Currency Conversion fee is 3% of the the amount xfr. By Internet Bank transfer its a standard $20 plus the Thai Bank charges. It appears I'm getting the best deal.

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked with my bank in Aus. There's no way around having to pay a fee. If I withdraw from an ATM here the Currency Conversion fee is 3% of the the amount xfr. By Internet Bank transfer its a standard $20 plus the Thai Bank charges. It appears I'm getting the best deal.

Good for you, for what its worth I withdraw from my ANZ account, it costs me $5.00.

Good for you, for what its worth I withdraw from my ANZ account, it costs me $5.00.

I guess I'm going to have to make a change. Thanks once again,