Bars In Hua Hin

alina

:whistling: We (5 guys) ventured out around the seedy bar area (red light) of Hua Hin. The time was 22:30 hrs, the majority of bars were empty, Why?

Do the bars need refurbishment?

Is it that the price of beer is very expensive compared to Phuket and Pattaya?

Is it that the bar girls seem to be the same as 2/3 years ago, in some case 5/6 years ago and more?

You cannot blame it on the economical climate, Hua Hin hotels have been busy over the April period due to the fact that people have been transferred from the Sirithani area (Samui) (due to flooding).

Returned from a Golf Trip from Pattaya 10 days ago and that City is buzzing, cheaper with better value for money (food, drink, accomadation and BG's).

Any suggestion's ?? :(

Edited by alina

It's a chicken and egg scenario..

They are empty cos they are expensive.. But conversely they are expensive cos they are empty.. No punters, raise the prices... even less punters, increase the prices more..

Soi 80, about 15 bars, most do buy 2 get 1 free and a Leo is only 50 baht so thats 3 beers for 100Baht...not expensive really...Bintabaht is just a rip off as is Bangla in Phuket, Soi Green Mango in Samui and Walking Street in Pattaya...look a little further than your nose in any of these places and good fun at almost no expense abounds......and Pattaya now has to be about one of the best places to be, it really has changed in the past few years, with many families and young couples visiting....I gave up with any of the above places as it really started to peef me off that they would charge 80Baht for a sang som with flat coke whereas I can buy a small bottle and fizzy pepsi for less than 100 baht..greed greed and more greed by the owners of these establishments.

:jap: Hi

I agree Soi 80 is better value, unfortunately its the Ex Pats that go their, they make 1 beer last 1 hour and talk about the same crap, they dont go any where so conversation is limited, a trip to Bangkok is an annual event on the bus, they dont really travel, I would go stir crazy if I had to stay in Hua Hin all year. Sports bar in Soi 80 Chang is 35 baht and a nice place to be with numerous TV's for Sport.

Its nice to have a quality conversation so you have to go to Bintabaht, its more livelier and you get to see some new sites.

As for the atmosphere, thats almost nil, even the Kareoke bars are now dier, same old BG's going their for about 6 years. waiting for some drunken shmuck to buy them a drink.

Their must be a venue that is worth going to, worth making the effort ?? Where ?? :o

Their must be a venue that is worth going to, worth making the effort ?? Where ?? :o

Other places in Thailand... we don't want this to be Pattaya or Samui or Phuket... don't you get it by now... we want Hua Hin to stay quiet and it is already too loud! Go away if you want to stay up and party all night with bar girls!

Comparing Pattaya and Hua Hin is like comparing Chalk and Cheese. I don't think too many in Hua Hin will be bothered that it isn't like Pattaya.

Dont get me wrong , im fed up with Pattya also after too many years there and Phuket i never visit again after just one week 6 years ago , to over priced and up-nosed for me! jap.gif

Actually im about to seattle down in the Keang Krachan/ Ya Plong area in a near future and have Cha Am as nearest "big city"!

It´s just a matter of time , counting the days now ! Tick Tock Tick Tock biggrin.gif

:jap: Hi

I agree Soi 80 is better value, unfortunately its the Ex Pats that go their, they make 1 beer last 1 hour and talk about the same crap, they dont go any where so conversation is limited, a trip to Bangkok is an annual event on the bus, they dont really travel, I would go stir crazy if I had to stay in Hua Hin all year. Sports bar in Soi 80 Chang is 35 baht and a nice place to be with numerous TV's for Sport.

Its nice to have a quality conversation so you have to go to Bintabaht, its more livelier and you get to see some new sites.

As for the atmosphere, thats almost nil, even the Kareoke bars are now dier, same old BG's going their for about 6 years. waiting for some drunken shmuck to buy them a drink.

Quality conversation in Soi Bintabaht? Can you let me know where exactly? Would love to join in :lol:

Comparing Pattaya and Hua Hin is like comparing Chalk and Cheese. I don't think too many in Hua Hin will be bothered that it isn't like Pattaya.

Dont get me wrong , im fed up with Pattya also after too many years there and Phuket i never visit again after just one week 6 years ago , to over priced and up-nosed for me! jap.gif

Actually im about to seattle down in the Keang Krachan/ Ya Plong area in a near future and have Cha Am as nearest "big city"!

It´s just a matter of time , counting the days now ! Tick Tock Tick Tock biggrin.gif

Cha am a 'big city'...........not quite...its a great place for seafood and relaxing. also it does have a number of bars now with a bit of nightlife but recently a few have them have shut down for various reasons...also its a very hard place to fit in as the expats, especially Brits are very clique and two faced...If your a family man and keep yourself to yourself and enjoy a few beers at a cheap charlie on he beach its ideal....

Cha am a 'big city'...........not quite...its a great place for seafood and relaxing. also it does have a number of bars now with a bit of nightlife but recently a few have them have shut down for various reasons...also its a very hard place to fit in as the expats, especially Brits are very clique and two faced...If your a family man and keep yourself to yourself and enjoy a few beers at a cheap charlie on he beach its ideal....

Yes, Cha Am is very quiet. More a small town than anything. Except for the main road down to the beach where there are a few places with music (Thai music) there are numerous bars in Soi bus station but they have very few customers and little music. Crawfords is closed.

The beach area gets busy but that is mainly Thai people coming for the day out then going home evening.

'Brits are very clique and two faced' Really? There are many different nationalities here and in the main they are very friendly folk and I have never known them to be 2 faced at all. I have had all the help I needed whilst being here.

In the main Cha Am is filled with couples. The greater majority are well over 50 and like the quiet life. No problem for them.

Being here would drive a lot of people crazy who like some action along the way, but, as I say, they are friendly.

Yes , have Cha Am as my "Big City" , i didnt mean it is!

Spent a week there last year in March and most things were quiet , just prefect , if i need action i go else where! biggrin.gif

Yes, Cha Am is very quiet. More a small town than anything. Except for the main road down to the beach where there are a few places with music (Thai music) there are numerous bars in Soi bus station but they have very few customers and little music. Crawfords is closed.

The beach area gets busy but that is mainly Thai people coming for the day out then going home evening.

'Brits are very clique and two faced' Really? There are many different nationalities here and in the main they are very friendly folk and I have never known them to be 2 faced at all. I have had all the help I needed whilst being here.

In the main Cha Am is filled with couples. The greater majority are well over 50 and like the quiet life. No problem for them.

Being here would drive a lot of people crazy who like some action along the way, but, as I say, they are friendly.

Thats the thing about two faced people...they are nice to you and helpful but talk behind your back............its a small town full of retirees with little or no money and they have nothing better to do than yak about everyone, believe me....and the Thais are just as bad, 3 stabbings of foreigners in the past year.but Cha am iself is great place.

It's a chicken and egg scenario..

They are empty cos they are expensive.. But conversely they are expensive cos they are empty.. No punters, raise the prices... even less punters, increase the prices more..

Thought this the Thai way, not many bars run by Thai's although the majority are owened by Thais, Mr Silly Foriegner is just renting a building, no assets no power, liquor license in a Thai's name, what business?

Hua Hin and Cha Am are what they are, the majority of bars are in need of complete refurbishment, but the people that go are only interested in the BG's or price of beer, very few are interested in the surounding's.

The Ex Pats dont really travel as they have limited funds so they are insulated to the quality elsewhere, If you go to Pattaya the price of liquor is cheaper and the standard of prostitute is higher. Not really comparable, Bangkok, Phuket, and Pattaya seem to attract high quality establishments as well as a higher quality prostitute, the real beaut's will cost though.

Hua Hin and Cha Am are quite sleepy location's, I enjoy both as a chill out, when its time for a new BG I would not dream of wasting my time searching for one in Hua Hin or Cha Am, they are both places to enjoy some golf and have a laugh around the town. Thats it, never change never will, perhaps thats a good thing, tis for me as I know what to expect.

Edited by BazilFox

I agree with you 100 %, I live in cha-am now for 2 years, and I love it, we do not want to be another Hua Hin, who changed so much in the last 10 years

Forgive me but the MultiQuote feature totally spins me out. I am relying on good old copy and paste here;

Quote ESB7:"also it's a very hard place to fit in as the expats, especially Brits are very clique and two faced."

Electorzebra replies with:" Really? There are many different nationalities here and in the main they are very friendly folk and I have never known them to be 2 faced at all. I have had all the help I needed whilst being here."

ESB7 replies: "Thats the thing about two faced people...they are nice to you and helpful but talk behind your back............its a small town full of retirees with little or no money and they have nothing better to do than yak about everyone, believe me....and the Thais are just as bad, 3 stabbings of foreigners in the past year .but Cha am iself is great place."

Brilliant. ESB7 cites Brits as two faced. A little random and out of the blue, but it seems Electrozebra does not share the same perception of us Brits and as such, states "never know them to be 2 faced at all".

ESB7's reply to that is utterly fantastic. …. With no substance to back up initial advice that Brits should be avoided and are extremely 2 faced, the target matter is now Thai people who are 'Just as bad, 3 stabbings this year"

In summary, the Thai people in Cha Am should be treated with caution owing to their penchant for stabbing people to death. Equally just as bad as these Thai knife wielding murderers are British people who are…… hmmm….. A little 2 faced.

So. Aside from the fact that it is a small town full of skint British people with no prospects who spend most of there days talking about you behind your back, whilst the local Thai's run around stabbing people to death, Cha Am is still a great place!!!! Yey!!!!

Rule Britania J

Edited by ClockworkOranges

Soi 80?

Soi Bintabaht?

Can someone give directions / locations for these, please?

Sorry, in the fray I think your questions got lost...

From the main road (Petchkasem Road) that runs through Hua Hin, even numbered sois are on the west side (away from the ocean) and odd numbered sois are on the east or ocean side. Soi numbers start low at the north (Cha-Am) end of town and get larger as you go south. Soi 80 runs into Phetchkasem Road a few blocks south of the main traffic light (Damnoern Kasem Road).

If you can find the Hilton, you can find Soi Bintabaht. The Hilton is on the main tourist street, Naresdamri Road and Soi Bintabaht runs into Naresdamri almost directly opposite the Hilton. The next soi running parallel to Bintabaht and one block north is Soi Selecam which is another popular nightlife soi.

bars in Hua Hin, most of them rather boring and similar

afternoon/early eveneing fine with draft beer at Mai Thai, and late nights at Country Club Hua Hin with abottle of red, but nut much inbetween

anyone been to Kangaroo bar, soi Bangla, Patong, Phuket (facebook). Crowded with attractive girls, but none available while bar is open, all girsl have salaries to remain in bar during opening hours. All beer 70 baht, 120 baht for drinks, 800 baht for a large Sang Som with free mixers and ice, 2500 for a Jack Daniels. Great DJ playing on request, focusing on music from 1980 to 2000. One of the few bars I go to.

later this year I wiil hopefully be able to finally move permanently to my house in Naebkehardt. Knowing myself, I wont be able to totally retire, so was thinking of creating something like above. In addition a big bike rental from the bar, new 100% legal bikes only, with 1 st class Insurance. Display one in the bar at all times , open 9 in the morning and close, what is it in Hua Hin 1 o'clock? Need a location in tourist area, and must have bike parking in front. Prefere to buy, can lease.

Forgive me but the MultiQuote feature totally spins me out. I am relying on good old copy and paste here;

Quote ESB7:"also it's a very hard place to fit in as the expats, especially Brits are very clique and two faced."

Electorzebra replies with:" Really? There are many different nationalities here and in the main they are very friendly folk and I have never known them to be 2 faced at all. I have had all the help I needed whilst being here."

ESB7 replies: "Thats the thing about two faced people...they are nice to you and helpful but talk behind your back............its a small town full of retirees with little or no money and they have nothing better to do than yak about everyone, believe me....and the Thais are just as bad, 3 stabbings of foreigners in the past year .but Cha am iself is great place."

Brilliant. ESB7 cites Brits as two faced. A little random and out of the blue, but it seems Electrozebra does not share the same perception of us Brits and as such, states "never know them to be 2 faced at all".

ESB7's reply to that is utterly fantastic. …. With no substance to back up initial advice that Brits should be avoided and are extremely 2 faced, the target matter is now Thai people who are 'Just as bad, 3 stabbings this year"

In summary, the Thai people in Cha Am should be treated with caution owing to their penchant for stabbing people to death. Equally just as bad as these Thai knife wielding murderers are British people who are…… hmmm….. A little 2 faced.

So. Aside from the fact that it is a small town full of skint British people with no prospects who spend most of there days talking about you behind your back, whilst the local Thai's run around stabbing people to death, Cha Am is still a great place!!!! Yey!!!!

Rule Britania J

Dont understand if that is a compliment or disagreement...anyway, Cha am is a great place to live if you keep yourselfe to yourselfe with maybe some bar banter on a low scale with the Expats but getting friendly with them is a different matter........of course I cant name names and things that have happened over the past few years that justify what I said...just be careful....I think 3 stabbings with one fatal should be mentioned....Cha am is great but really it can turn very nasty in different ways......hey I was trying to get you a house there on a different thread so I do think it is an OK place o be....

Hi :jap:

We seem to be off post, everyone seems to be comparing Hua Hin with other towns and city's, this was not the question.

Why are the bars empty and so expensive ?

Personally I put it down th the guys who rent/lease the bars, they have no experience in running bars. Some try but its all the same Pool and Hookers.

THE RENTS FOR THESE PREMISSES MUST BE ON LEVEL PAR OR CHEAPER THAN OTHER TOWNS OR CITY'S, ELECTRIC AND WATER THE SAME, SO WHY IS THE PRICE OF DRINK SO EXPENSIVE IN THE MAJORITY OF BARS ???? :bah:

Rule Britania J

Dont understand if that is a compliment or disagreement...anyway, Cha am is a great place to live if you keep yourselfe to yourselfe with maybe some bar banter on a low scale with the Expats but getting friendly with them is a different matter........of course I cant name names and things that have happened over the past few years that justify what I said...just be careful....I think 3 stabbings with one fatal should be mentioned....Cha am is great but really it can turn very nasty in different ways......hey I was trying to get you a house there on a different thread so I do think it is an OK place o be....

Hello ESB7 – it was neither. Just poking fun at the absurdity of life as an ex-pat in Thailand. Definitely no offence intended towards you, just harmless banter!

Hi :jap:

We seem to be off post, everyone seems to be comparing Hua Hin with other towns and city's, this was not the question.

Why are the bars empty and so expensive ?

Personally I put it down th the guys who rent/lease the bars, they have no experience in running bars. Some try but its all the same Pool and Hookers.

THE RENTS FOR THESE PREMISSES MUST BE ON LEVEL PAR OR CHEAPER THAN OTHER TOWNS OR CITY'S, ELECTRIC AND WATER THE SAME, SO WHY IS THE PRICE OF DRINK SO EXPENSIVE IN THE MAJORITY OF BARS ???? :bah:

That whole Bintaban area is desperate. I have been to Soi Bintabat maybe 10 times in 18 months.... And thats only because I am forced to when I have a friend visiting who wants to check the area out. I dont pay any attention to how much the drink prices are but I can say that all bars are one and the same.....Horrible beer bars that make zero effort. It truly sucks down there and I avoid the area like the plague.

If you ask me, Hua Hin is crying out for a good pub. A proper pub with good staff that sell great food and make an effort.

If you ask me, Hua Hin is crying out for a good pub. A proper pub with good staff that sell great food and make an effort.

I totally agree with that, especially if they also have a band playing a couple a night a week.

I totally agree with that, especially if they also have a band playing a couple a night a week.

Truer words were never spoken! That's one thing Bangkok, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai have that Hua Hin lacks. El Murphy's is as close as we have to that as far as I know.

Truer words were never spoken! That's one thing Bangkok, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai have that Hua Hin lacks. El Murphy's is as close as we have to that as far as I know.

Hi hhfarang, I must agree with you, O Rielly's try's also, but the prices are extortionate, over a 100 baht for a small beer, while the band is a refreshing novelty in Hua Hin so I WONT KNOCK IT.