Sending Web-Based Sms To Bkk Mobile# And Receiving Reply From Bkk Mobile

BKKdreaming

Hi

I am back in the USA now and SMS from my USA T-mobile mobile never reach Thailand ,

I have a prepaid True sim that I use in Thailand,

In the USA you can use Google Voice to send and receive SMS messages but it does not work going to Thailand ,

So is there something like that which will allow me to send a text in English from a website to a Thai mobile and have that person be able to reply to that SMS and I get the message on the website.

Free would be nice , cheap OK, if True has something that would be good,

Thanks for your ideas, I am sure many of us need this

BK

I have used Telemessage for years. They have delivery/gateways with all three (3) service providers here. SMS'es are thirteen U.S. cents ($ 0.13) per to Thailand. You can originate SMSes via email plug-ins (Outlook), browser toolbars or web UI. There are a lot of other features, send voice message, MMS, etc. so perhaps a bit too robust? The fishtext pricing looks very affordable. There have been quite a few similar threads here on this subject, with several other paid providers recommended but I'm too lazy to search.

I am pretty sure you can buy Google Voice calling credits and then originate international SMSes.

What service providers are you sending SMSes to in Thailand? How do you know they are not being delivered? I have successfully originated, and received, SMSes in the U.S. on T-Mobile to True, DTAC and AIS/One-2-Call.

I can recomend you two services I am using:

- Skype,subscription for calls to telephones,includes sms,you can send your skype number,if you have such,if you do not have- your skype-name is send and displayed

- www.fastmail.com.au ,subscription for email - includes sms(you can make sender's number)

Both work well to Thailand,have nothing to do with telcom company,should work anywhere

I do not know about any service,which accept sms into comp,do you?

how to send sms to somebody's comp?good question - anybody can advice about it?

with regards

Viktor

Does your Thai friend have a phone capable of email? I send emails from Thailand to US based mobiles as an SMS from my email. When the person in the US replies, it comes to my email on my iPhone. When I reply, it again goes to them as an SMS. All major phone services in the US have the ability to receive SMS messages from emails. Example, if your Verizon number is 810-515-5555 and your Thai friends email is [email protected], then your Thai friend sends an email to [email protected] from [email protected], and your replies go to [email protected]

The only costs are the data and SMS plans. So if you already have these plans, then messages are essentially free. It is not a perfect solution, but it works great for me. You both receive the messages on your phone. It also works if this person sends an email to you from their phone to your computer obviously. Data plans are cheap, 599 baht a month from True.

http://www.voipdiscount.com/en/index.html

Using HTML SMSlink

3 eurocent/message to thailand, it's the best/. use it 6 years already

You can also send text messages (SMS) without using our software or accessing the website. Use the following link and fill in the desired data:

https://www.voipdiscount.com/myaccount/sendsms.php?username=xxxxxxxx ​&password=xxxxxxxxxx&from=xxxxxxxxxx&​ to=xxxxxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

Explanation of the variables:

• username: your VoipDiscount username
  • password: your VoipDiscount password
  • from: your username or your verified phone number. Always use international format for the number starting with +, for instance +491701234567
  • to: the number you wish to send the sms to. Always use international format starting with +, for instance +491701234567
  • text: the message you want to send

After creating the link in a text editor you can copy it into your internet browser's address bar:

It's a very smart way to communicate with Thailand. This time i brought home an active DTAC Sim. So Someone in Thailand can sms to the thai number. You just use it in another phone and use that phone only as recieving phone. It works perfectly. Send the message using HTML and the thai person reply's to this number and you'll recieve it in your country.

;-)

Thanks for the ideas ,

my True sim does not work in California , I think my 1-2-call sim worked when I had it a few years ago,

SMS would be best , trying to have them email from their Thai phone will probably not work,

if I was there I could probably set it up, but not from here,

fishtext.com looks good but not much FAQ on the website,

it also needs to be cheap to SMS from a THai phone to my virtual number, with fishtext can you get a local Thai number ?

Again thanks for your help, I am open to hearing any other ideas

Cheers

BK

Edited by BKKdreaming

I signed up for fishtext.com and sent a test SMS to my Americam friends Thai mobile in BKK , It worked fine .

But they want 15 euros for a local virtual phone number and i am not even sure if they have Thai ones.

Are there any THai Sims that allow checking SMS on their websites ?

if so it might be smart to just get another Sim and just use it for the website SMS.

Thanks for your ideas

BK

Edited by BKKdreaming

buy a catnet card - you can call for a pittance. i think same rate thai-usa as reverse, @ moment there are promos too

i THINK you can do this with google/gmail but may be limited to ais - which is why i dont know cause im dtac and may not have investigated further.

Are you trying to communicate with just a single person? What network are they on now? How many SMSes per day?

Locally, DTAC have lowest international SMS price to the U.S. at 5 baht per.

With T-Mo your cost is ten U.S. cents ($0.10) per SMS sending to Thailand.

With a GSM1900 capable phone, and international roaming enabled, and access to a T-Mo (all) or AT&T (some) signal, you could use a Thai SIM. AIS/One-2-Call works for sure. (I could not get True to work last month, maybe no roaming agreement with T-Mo?). You can originate SMSes from the phone, 10 baht per from the U.S. to Thailand, or use AIS/One-2-Calls e-Service web-based platform to originate SMSes for 1 baht per. ( You receive a service message on the phone with a one-time 4-digit PIN. This did work for me on my most recent trip.) So in theory you could originate an SMS for 1 baht per via AIS-One-2-Call and your friend could reply for 5 baht per on DTAC.

You could look at whatsapp but this only works on specific handsets, and requires (I think) 2G/3G/WiFi.

I agree that simple voice calling, say via a calling card or VoIP, would probably be more cost effective? Assuming PC access is possible then email and chat are also possible alternatives.

Edited by lomatopo

Hi

thanks for the ideas ,

I am SMSing 8-10 people at most , and not even that much , but sometimes we need to go back and forth often if we are working on a project,

most of them do not speak enough english to really have a conversation on the phone ,

but they can read a short message or have someone help them , and the same with a reply.

I would just like to keep the cost down for them by having the reply number be a Thai number and not a USA one ,

I will look into getting a 1-2-call Sim next trip just to be able to check messages on the web using the AIS/One-2-Calls e-Service web-based platform .

Thanks for your ideas

BK

• 4 weeks later...

is there a way to send an email to Thai sims ?

if so what would the number be 08x-567-xxx@ ??????

is there a list of the email endings for 1-2-call, True, Dtac ?

Would it arrive as a SMS or an email ?

and when you replied would it be sent back as an SMS or email ?

sorry for all the questions

BK

is there a way to send an email to Thai sims ?

if so what would the number be 08x-567-xxx@ ??????

is there a list of the email endings for 1-2-call, True, Dtac ?

Would it arrive as a SMS or an email ?

and when you replied would it be sent back as an SMS or email ?

sorry for all the questions

BK

As they say in some countries, "Everything is possible, nothing is free", while in other countries they might say, "Nothing is possible, everything is free". :D

Thai service providers closed their email-SMS gateways ages ago so this is not possible for free, maybe you could just tell us exactly what you want to do?

I use Telemessage, a paid service. You can originate an SMS from a website, from within Outlook and a few other methods.

http://www1.telemessage.com/PC-to-Mobile

You can direct replies anywhere you want.

For a lot of free messaging look at WhatsApp.