Proposing During Vacation

agore

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend when I am on vacation during june or july, and I have a rough idea on what I want to do. What I want to do is send a limo to pick up my girlfriend in Bangkok and have the driver her take to a resort/hotel in hua hin where I'll be waiting with dinner on the beach for her. What limo service and hotels or resort do you recommend that could do it and can deal with someone who cant speak thai?

It's nice to see that the art of 'romance' hasn't yet died completely. Personally speaking, I think it wouldn't be appreciated at all, well, not in the way that you think it would. More of an embarrassment to be honest - but that's just me speaking without knowing either of you. You're not a Mills and Boon reader by any chance are you?

Good luck anyway.

:jap:

I can not think of a single Thai woman that I know that would not love that approach. Any embarrassment she might feel would be the good kind. Her friends and family might tease her after the fact, making her embarrassed, but only because they are exceedingly jealous they did not have that kind of suitor.

Can't help you with your request, per se, but would suggest you start with the hotel once you select that. If you have the reservation and dinner plans set up, they most likely would have no problem in setting up the transportation. It might not be the stretch limo, but who knows?

I can not think of a single Thai woman that I know that would not love that approach. Any embarrassment she might feel would be the good kind. Her friends and family might tease her after the fact, making her embarrassed, but only because they are exceedingly jealous they did not have that kind of suitor.

Can't help you with your request, per se, but would suggest you start with the hotel once you select that. If you have the reservation and dinner plans set up, they most likely would have no problem in setting up the transportation. It might not be the stretch limo, but who knows?

Why ruin a perfectly good vacation? :) Just kidding and good luck!

You do understand that it's about a 4 hour drive from Bangkok to Hua Hin. That is a long time to sit alone wondering what is going on. I think it would be better if you took the trip together and have things arranged for when you get there. Get the limo to pick her up at her place and then pick you up somewhere in Bangkok. Then you can travel together. You didn't mention if she is Thai or not.

well shes thai but has spent the last 2 years in america on a student visa so shes pretty westernized, I didnt know the ride was that long to hua hin. I wasnt thinking a stretch limo but one of the driver services that will pick her up in a benz or something similiar. I thought it was only around 1 1/2 hours, if its 4 hours long ill make the ride with her. She doesnt have much of a family just a dad and an aunt that shes not close to and I don't think it will be embarassing thats definitely not what im going for.

I'm just trying to not talk to any of her friends I when I do it to be a complete suprise, she knows it coming.

double posted because my internet went down when i was posting, and im guessing mills and boon is one of those romance novels with a picture of shirtless Fabio on the cover?

Edited by agore

If she is flying in from USA, she will be jet-lagged and extremely tired. Probably just want a shower and sleep for a long time.

You need to think through your timing. A night in BKK might be a better option, before another journey to Hua Hin.

Sorry, it's a bit unclear where she is from and how she is getting to BKK.

oh shes already back been there for 6 months we started the i 129f about a month ago. Ill be the one jet lagged but i was thinking of asking there working so shes pretty much already say yes but I want to at least make it a little more special then filling out paperwork. I just wanted to get an idea of a nice beachfront hotel and a good driving service

You don't mention if you are on a budget.....

Consider flying to Hua Hin on PGA Airlines out of Dom Muang.

The hotel is up to you, but the old Railroad Hotel, now called the Sofitel Centara Resort is right on the beach and said to be classy. The hotel could assist you on your dining plans, they live for this type of thing....

So take the Limo to Dom Muang, fly to Hua Hin (1/2 hr) have the Sofitel pick you up in their limo and the rest is up to you.....

Good luck

well shes thai but has spent the last 2 years in america on a student visa so shes pretty westernized, I didnt know the ride was that long to hua hin. I wasnt thinking a stretch limo but one of the driver services that will pick her up in a benz or something similiar. I thought it was only around 1 1/2 hours, if its 4 hours long ill make the ride with her. She doesnt have much of a family just a dad and an aunt that shes not close to and I don't think it will be embarassing thats definitely not what im going for.

I'm just trying to not talk to any of her friends I when I do it to be a complete suprise, she knows it coming.

Don't worry about embarrassment, there's no doubt she'll be the talk of her friends, family and neighbors but that's part of raising her up on a pedestal and her feeling special on this occasion to have someone who cares enough to think that much about her to make such a good impression on her only marriage proposal (hopefully) of her life a memorable one..

Anyway congratulations (hopefully anyway's, she doesn't turn you down :( ) and may you share many happy years and healthy buffalo's together :lol: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

The hotel is up to you, but the old Railroad Hotel, now called the Sofitel Centara Resort is right on the beach and said to be classy. The hotel could assist you on your dining plans, they live for this type of thing....

So take the Limo to Dom Muang, fly to Hua Hin (1/2 hr) have the Sofitel pick you up in their limo and the rest is up to you.....

Good luck

Yeah I wasn't sure if there was an airport there or not but since you say there is I'd say that'd be the way to go,, the cost of a limo for that distance can't be that much more savings or expense in either case..

But time wise why waste good celebration time with her alone in a limo for 2 hours? :D

Edited by WarpSpeed

Good luck

Yeah I wasn't sure if there was an airport there or not but since you say there is I'd say that'd be the way to go,, the cost of a limo for that distance can't be that much more savings or expense in either case..

But time wise why waste good celebration time with her alone in a limo for 2 hours? :D

Let's see, he hasn't seen his GF for 6 months and he has the choice of the back seat of a Benz or a King Size bed, hard choice! :whistling:

You ever hear the joke, How does a blonde turn the lights on afer sex? She opens the car door! :lol:

Good luck

Let's see, he hasn't seen his GF for 6 months and he has the choice of the back seat of a Benz or a King Size bed, hard choice! :whistling:

You ever hear the joke, How does a blonde turn the lights on afer sex? She opens the car door! :lol:

Amazing how one can be misinterpreted when the entire context of a thread is not taken into account.

He said he was going to meet her in Bangkok IF the trip was 4 hours or more but since it is only 2 hours my post meant that she would "be alone" for 2 hours while traveling by herself, not them alone together for 2 hours..

Still, not being one of wanting other voyeurs enjoying my celebration and possibly getting arrested here for public sex, nudity or whatever other silly charges might happen I'd definitely opt for the comfy private bed as likely the limo won't have a privacy screen :whistling: ..

Having said that I know you're having some fun but I needed to point out the missed context of my post..

Besides, being farang he'd probably end up paying the limo company big money for some imaginary (or not) soiling done to their limo upholstery :bah::D ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Agore, you might regret this down the road. Chances are that something might go wrong btw Bkk and HH.

Life is already complicated, dont try making it sound easy.

Take the lass to the Vertigo on top banyan tree hotel in Bangkok, and ask her to marry you?

Good luck

Amazing how one can be misinterpreted when the entire context of a thread is not taken into account.

He said he was going to meet her in Bangkok IF the trip was 4 hours or more but since it is only 2 hours my post meant that she would "be alone" for 2 hours while traveling by herself, not them alone together for 2 hours..

Still, not being one of wanting other voyeurs enjoying my celebration and possibly getting arrested here for public sex, nudity or whatever other silly charges might happen I'd definitely opt for the comfy private bed as likely the limo won't have a privacy screen :whistling: ..

Having said that I know you're having some fun but I needed to point out the missed context of my post..

Besides, being farang he'd probably end up paying the limo company big money for some imaginary (or not) soiling done to their limo upholstery :bah::D ..

Then it could be a job for Mrs Dream VIP pick up

http://mrdreamtransport.page.tl/VIP-PICKUPS-ar--ar--ar-.htm

B)

Good luck

I was refering to the OP's post #9 where he said she had been back in-country for 6 months.

I was refering to the OP's post #9 where he said she had been back in-country for 6 months.

Yes I understand the context of ALL the posts in the thread...

oh shes already back been there for 6 months we started the i 129f about a month ago. Ill be the one jet lagged but i was thinking of asking there working so shes pretty much already say yes but I want to at least make it a little more special then filling out paperwork. I just wanted to get an idea of a nice beachfront hotel and a good driving service

I know a good Taxi-Dermist!

jb1

I know of a place in pattaya .that will pick you up from the airport in a limousine ..

with 2 girlys of you own chioce and a bottle of bubbly all for around 5000baht if thats any help to you rolleyes.gif