Dice one dill pickle

1/2 cup diced white onion

1/2 cup diced carrot

2 tablespoons (or more) roasted salted sunflower seeds

Place all of the above in a bowl

Add about 1/2 a cup of mayonnaise

Mix well

chill

I serve mine on toasted whole wheat bread with iceberg lettuce & some lovely Holland tomato from TOPS.

post-79990-0-15344900-1304065919_thumb.j

I do like the idea of a tuna sandwich (in one of the Godfather films fearsome gangster Michael Corleone meets the equally fearsome Hyman Roth and Hyman's wife greets him and says 'hello, Hyman is in the next room...I'm making some lunch...would you like a tuna sandwich?...'

usually when the idea appears I rape my kitchen to find the best ingredients but usually settle with tuna in brine and a decent mayo of some kind...sometimes don't even toast the bread, just devour...

another tuna sandwich preparation description is always welcome...tuna sandwiches are basic, primal and divine...

tuna sandwhich = lunch = definitely citizen of the Greatest Nation on Earth™ :lol:

lunch in a civilised nation such as Switzerland:

Schlachtplatte-930984.jpg

Naam, sent me the bood and the liver sausage, you can keep the pork knuckle, ok??

that looks like something i left in the toilet bowl :bah:

Fried shrimp and Diet Dr. Pepper.

I soaked the shrimp in a milk, while wine, white balsamico, and lemon mixture, then breaded in panko bread crumbs and flour. I served them with a hefty portion of tartar sauce.

I know this is not the healthiest meal around, but sometimes, you just have to go with it.

tuna sandwhich = lunch = definitely citizen of the Greatest Nation on Earth™ :lol:

Prof Naam...with respect, an image of a mishmash of feces and dis-embodied pig snout does not make for an appealing alternative to the the wholesome appearance of the fare offered by the OP. If this is lunch, then what can we expect to be served for supper?

However, as with all cold meats, can't go wrong with plenty of mustard...:)

not to hijack the thread but what about a discussion regarding the relative merits of national mustards...I Iike to slather mustard on cooked sausages; impossible with the english variety but welcoming with american (French's mustard: 'everybody's favorite mustard')

could one roast a pork loin successfully with anything but dijon?...I have, out here in the wilds of the north central VN coastline using scrapeings from a number of saved containers of US and dijon, but with limited success...

somebody start a new thread...does the mustard in central europe compliment the local food in a way that US, english, french cannot?...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Prof Naam...with respect, an image of a mishmash of feces and dis-embodied pig snout does not make for an appealing alternative to the the wholesome appearance of the fare offered by the OP. If this is lunch, then what can we expect to be served for supper?

However, as with all cold meats, can't go wrong with plenty of mustard...:)

not to hijack the thread but what about a discussion regarding the relative merits of national mustards...I Iike to slather mustard on cooked sausages; impossible with the english variety but welcoming with american (French's mustard: 'everybody's favorite mustard')

could one roast a pork loin successfully with anything but dijon?...I have, out here in the wilds of the north central VN coastline using scrapeings from a number of saved containers of US and dijon, but with limited success...

somebody start a new thread...does the mustard in central europe compliment the local food in a way that US, english, french cannot?...

I am a mustard freak, and I have at least 10 kinds here in Bangkok with me now. I buy dijon at restaurant stores in large containers, but I also have other French, English, German, Belgian, and American on hand. The nice thing about mustard is that is has a long shelf life, so you can buy what you like and shift from one to the other as the dish requires.

I am heading to Europe in two weeks, and I will be flying back from Paris, I will be loading up on some more mustards.

Prof Naam...with respect,

1. an image of a mishmash of feces and dis-embodied pig snout does not make for an appealing alternative to the the wholesome appearance of the fare offered by the OP.

2. If this is lunch, then what can we expect to be served for supper?

1. de gustibus non est disputandum! ;)

2. supper (yesterday)

post-35218-0-94826600-1304241354_thumb.j

post-35218-0-68013800-1304241695_thumb.j