Looking For A Good Mms Package

canopy

I currently use AIS. Their biggest package is 107 baht for 30 MMS messages. The package expires after one month so any unused messages are lost and a new package needs purchased.Do any of the other providers offer a more advantageous package? It would be nice to be able to purchase more than 30 at once plus not have to go through the hassle of buy and install a new package every month. This is for a surveillance camera by the way.

If you want to use MMS for sending pictures and videos, forget it. I doesn't work, especially if you want to send it to another provider.

My I suggest to install WhatsApp, which is available both for iPhones and Android phones and is free, program and operation. Easy to send messages, pictures and clips.

If you want to use MMS for sending pictures and videos, forget it. I doesn't work, especially if you want to send it to another provider.

I am not sending video or going between providers so I can't comment on that, but using MMS for sending pictures from AIS to AIS has been quick and reliable in my experiences thus far. Just want to know if there is some way to avoid needing a "visa run" every month for the camera.

I am not sending video or going between providers so I can't comment on that, but using MMS for sending pictures from AIS to AIS has been quick and reliable in my experiences thus far. Just want to know if there is some way to avoid needing a "visa run" every month for the camera.

Sorry, but what is a "visa run for a camera"?

If you have a subscription for a data package or if you are connected to a WiFi or wireless LAN, and wish to send pictures to another phone, I suggest you use the Internet with an application such as WhatsApp, because you don't have to pay for every message like with the MMS service.

Works fine for me, I send to True and Dtac from my AIS sim, I also send pics to family and freinds back home in OZ.

How many MMSes do you send on average per day or per month? Always from just one source to just one other destination? What is your budget, per month or per MMS?

I agree that "WhatsApp" is a brilliant, out-of-the-box suggestion, which excluding the data plan, is free. You'll have to figure out the avg. MMS size and then approximate your monthly data costs. With WhatsApp you'll have to pay data charges for both upload and download, whereas with MMSes the GPRS fee is embedded in the MMS origination price.

Edited by lomatopo

I don't think software can be loaded onto the camera. The camera does have the option of sending the pictures by email instead of MMS. However, I like the instantaneous nature of MMS. If there is a security breach seconds count. I may use 100 MMS messages a month worst case, but normally just a fraction of that. It is always from one source (the camera) and to one destination (my phone).

Someone asked what I meant by a camera visa run. It means with AIS I am forced every month to go out and buy another MMS package. It's not a cost issue, it's the inconvenience. The camera has no display or keyboard. To change the package it must be unmounted, the sim taken out and moved to a phone, the new package entered, and then put the sim back in the camera and remount it. That's why it would be better to do this once a year or more rather than every single month.

OK, as you reveal more about the application we get a better understanding. Had we known you are using specialized equipment (spycamera with SIM/MMS capability) we never would have suggested WhatsApp. I still can't tell if cost or convenience are more important? You can find a calling/SIM plan that gives unlimited MMSes but at 5.35 baht per w, but you'd still have to top-up. Or maybe 6.42 baht/MMS on a standard pre-paid plan? Or maybe a package like Text Lover, so 119 baht/month and SMSes 3 baht/per for those originated. That would automatically activate each month provided you had enough balance.

TrueMove have an MMS package, which can be layered on a SIM, 50 baht/month for 25 MMS, 5 baht/per over the limit. This would be recurring as well.

OK, as you reveal more about the application we get a better understanding. Had we known you are using specialized equipment (spycamera with SIM/MMS capability) we never would have suggested WhatsApp.

In the OP a surveillance camera is mentioned.

OK, as you reveal more about the application we get a better understanding. Had we known you are using specialized equipment (spycamera with SIM/MMS capability) we never would have suggested WhatsApp.

In the OP a surveillance camera is mentioned.

I, as I suspect others did, assumed the OP was using a standard GSM phone with camera in this surveillance application. I honestly had never heard of a spycam having a GSM radio and SIM slot before the OP mentioned it in a follow on post. He does mention the device can originate an email, and an MMS, so it is obviously capable of GSM data (2G:GPRS/EDGE). It would be nice to know the exact make/model so we can peruse the user's guide to see what other options might be available. However, I suspect that WhatsApp will not be possible. I wonder what the delivery time is for an email vs. an MMS? It does appear as only the near instantaneous origination/delivery of an MMS can satisfy the OP's security concerns and guarantee a suitable response time. Anyway I think we've floated many of the alternatives based on the available information?

Convenience is more important than cost--I don't mind spending more on MMS if it means it can sustain the camera longer. The AIS "Text Lover" package mentioned looks good and the True package would be even cheaper for my usage. So with either of them I could just put 1000 baht on the phone and it would be plenty for a number of months, automatically renewing the package and charging for going over. That's what I was looking for.

The camera specs can be seen at minisimcam.com.