Nong Khai

I'll be in nong khai shortly, staying @ pantawee, What I would like to do is a day trip east along route 211 by motorbike to tha bo or even sri- chaingmai, has anyone done this trip, ( scenic trip alongside mekong river).

regards Songhklasid B)

Many times from Chaing Khan it's about 3 hours...Tha Bo ,even Sri Chiang Mai is hardly a full day trip..AfterSri Chiang Mai head to Pak Chom then Chiang Khan..Beautiful ride along the Mekong,quiet roads,small villages..CKhan is a great little town too if youv never visited..Thomas

Many times from Chaing Khan it's about 3 hours...Tha Bo ,even Sri Chiang Mai is hardly a full day trip..AfterSri Chiang Mai head to Pak Chom then Chiang Khan..Beautiful ride along the Mekong,quiet roads,small villages..CKhan is a great little town too if youv never visited..Thomas

thankyou will do,

regards songhklasid B) recommend anywhere for lunch?

Edited by songhklasid

Hi, I live in Si chiang mai. When you get to the 7-eleven, turn right on one of the soi to the river, great boardwalk for a couple of miles, some resturaunts too. There

's alarge tree half way down the boardwalk in front of a tempel, the lady there, under the tree makes go noodles. Have fun, yes the ride is good. You will be amazed on how the mekong changes up river.