Need Short Term Phone Service In Us

tjansen

Hello, I have a Nokia 2730 phone that is 3G compatible. I have DTAC service in Thailand. I am in the US (Oregon) for a three week visit and am seeking the most economic option for occasional local calling. For international calls, I can still use Skype or get a calling card. Someone suggested buying a used cellphone on ebay, but my search doesn't seem to yield any results.

Is a local sim card available? Where should I buy it? How much will it cost?

Thanks in advance.

At& T has cell phones for short term use last time I was there it had diff. plan's from about $20 and up depending on the min. wanted/needed........I'll be back in Or. in about 2weeks and will probably go that route.

This looks like what I want. A couple of clarifying questions. Do you happen to know if my Nokia 2730, purchased in Thailand, which is 3G compatible, fits the "GSM1900" requirement for this sim card?

Also, I don't see the cost per minute for local calls in the US. Do you happen to know what that is?

Thanks a lot for the suggestion?

You can get a sim card here :-

http://www.telestial.com/

This looks like what I want. A couple of clarifying questions. Do you happen to know if my Nokia 2730, purchased in Thailand, which is 3G compatible, fits the "GSM1900" requirement for this sim card?

Also, I don't see the cost per minute for local calls in the US. Do you happen to know what that is?

Note: This question was concerning the telestial.

Note: This question was concerning the telestial.

On the telestial web page left side .... click on "prepaid sim cards" ..... on the prepaid sim card page scroll down until you get to the letter "U" and find the "United States" ... click on "United States" ...... and you will find your answers about costs per minute etc.

Regarding your Nokia 2730 ... did you try google search?

If you took your Thai phone to Ore, the phone is already unlocked. Go to a T-mobile store and buy a "Pay as you go" Sim card. I don't think you will be able to get a data plan but you will be able to make local calls with a local number. You can reload it from the T mobile web site online. I think it's about $0.10 a minute for the calls. Good luck

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I checked out telestial online, AT&T at a store, and T-Mobile at a store. T-mobile had the simplest and cheapest choice for my three week visit. A sim card with 1500 minutes for $30, so I got that.

Tom