Mexican Food In Cm?

ebcal

El Diablo is most authentic (and very friendly and good service)), homemade chips and pickled veg for free!!! Miguels doesn't understand Mexican Comida, putting lettuce in a burrito and then toasting it like a panini?!? Salsa Kitchen not bad for some things.

What's the relationship between Comida and putting lettuce in a burrito etc.? Comida in Mexico means "Main meal" not a dish....

Do you like lettuce that is hot and wilted? That's what I mean. When I lived for many years in Latin America (North, Central and South America) where I opened restaurants as well as a chain of high end Tex-Mex (which is a different in some ways) in the USA. Comida is a noun that means food and could be used for a meal also. I was referring to Mexican food using the spanish word for fun. Food should be about nurturing, fun and substanence, one of the joys of life!

Mission Street Burritos have lettuce and tomato chunks in them as well as rice and beans. Miguels is California style Mexican. and many people on the thread seem to appreciate Cali style.

I love Cali style Mexican, love the Mission St. Taquerias (lettuce and all but not wilted from being heated)!! My original post was in response to Mexican Food in CM but your making me hungry thinking about all the days I went to SF when I was a Chef in Napa

Mission Street Burritos have lettuce and tomato chunks in them as well as rice and beans. Miguels is California style Mexican. and many people on the thread seem to appreciate Cali style.

I love Cali style Mexican, love the Mission St. Taquerias (lettuce and all but not wilted from being heated)!! My original post was in response to Mexican Food in CM but your making me hungry thinking about all the days I went to SF when I was a Chef in Napa

Edited by junglechef

Do you like lettuce that is hot and wilted?

It is not supposed to be hot and wilted. On Mission Street, they mix shredded lettuce and tomato chunks in with guacamole and sour cream and meat and such right at the last moment.

I admit that lettuce doesn't sound good, but IMHO it is delicious and it adds a nice texture (although not every single place uses it). El Faro was one of the first places to make Mission super-burritos and they used fresh lettuce. I loved the place - way back then. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Never heard of Diabolos , where is it ?

Right next-door to the burger joint on the corner of Thannon Chaiyaphum and Chang Moi on the outside of the moat.

Thanks. Will give it a go if I can ever find a car park there.

ride your mt bike!!!