True Home Wifi Increase Distance

bobbie13

Alternatively you can purchase an "extender antenna", the one I purchased from Tukom was 800baht, it is an 8DBi one and I can now connect my netbook to my home wifi from the swimming pool that is about 60m away.

wifi-antenna.jpg

Buy a router with a bigger range

Can I just change it for the True router?

Cant see any reason why not

Thanks for that. I thought that I would have to change settings etc.

Most have a set-up wizard these days, you will need to know your username and password for your true connection though.

Alternatively you can purchase an "extender antenna", the one I purchased from Tukom was 800baht, it is an 8DBi one and I can now connect my netbook to my home wifi from the swimming pool that is about 60m away.

How do those work? Do you replace the existing antenna on the router, or do you attach the extenders some other way?

My router has fixed, i.e. non-removeable, antennae, and I was wondering if there were a way to use such an extender.

How do those work? Do you replace the existing antenna on the router, or do you attach the extenders some other way?

My router has fixed, i.e. non-removeable, antennae, and I was wondering if there were a way to use such an extender.

Every wifi router/modem/AP I have encountered has a removable antenna, these extenders simply replace that antenna.

Edited by Spoonman

I asked that question while I was away from home, thinking about my Zyxel router that I thought didn't have removeable antenna. Now, I'm home and realize I forgot I replaced it with a Belkin modem/router that doesn't even *have* an external antenna, much less an antenna jack. So, "never mind..." <sigh...>