Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals Child With Household Worker

webfact

Schwarzenegger reveals child with household worker

Los Angeles - Former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has admitted he fathered a child some 10 years ago with a member of his household staff and only told his wife about it a few months ago.

The Austrian-born movie star revealed the bombshell after being confronted with the story by the Los Angeles Times, which reported the news in its Tuesday edition.

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger said in a statement to The Los Angeles Times in response to questions.

"I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility.

The Los Angeles Times declined to name the woman but said she was a longtime member of the household staff, having worked for Schwarzenegger and his wife Maria Shriver for over 20 years. The couple announced earlier this month their separation after 25 years of marriage.

According to a source Schwarzenegger, 63, took financial responsibility for the child from the start and continued to provide support. The woman only recently stopped working for the family

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-17

I've often wondered the same thing. Maybe it is due to all the pain and suffering that came from Joe's business dealings.

Just wondering what did all the Kennedy family members, in their previous life, to attract so much misery ?!?

Arnold Schwarzenegger admits having child with household staff

2011-05-17 20:42:31 GMT+7 (ICT)

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger admitted to have fathered a child with one of his household staff, which caused the eventual separation from his wife.

In a letter sent to the L.A. Times late Monday night, Schwarzenegger, 63 said that he and his wife Maria Shiver, 55, announced their separation last week, shortly after their 25th wedding anniversary, after he told his wife about the child.

"I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family," Schwarzenegger said. "There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

According to the letter, the mother of the child had worked as a staff member of the family for about 20 years before retiring in January. Their child was born around 10 years ago.

The media outlet also said that an unnamed source confirmed that Schwarzenegger had been financially supporting the child since the birth, which occurred before he took office in 2003.

"I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time," Schwarzenegger stated. "While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not. "

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-05-17

According to the letter, the mother of the child had worked as a staff member of the family for about 20 years before retiring in January. Their child was born around 10 years ago.

I can only wonder at how hurt Ms. Maria Shiver felt when Arnie told her AFTER the maid had continued working for the family till begin of this year. That's assuming she didn't know a bloody thing all these years :ermm:

I can only wonder at how hurt Ms. Maria Shiver felt when Arnie told her AFTER the maid had continued working for the family till begin of this year. That's assuming she didn't know a bloody thing all these years :ermm:

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger said Monday night in a statement issued to The Times in response to questions. "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-0517-arnold-20110517,0,4552508.story

He lived with the secret for a decade. That takes a toll on mental health.

Indeed. And for 8 of those years he was Governor of California. Another 37m people he lied to.

Well, at least it is all out in the open now, when it doesn't really make much difference to him. However, I would imagine a few people are wondering if there is anything else he concealed during those years.:rolleyes:

This is what we get when we elect "actors" to public office. This is what we have come to expect from our "leaders" and apparantly Americans are too fat and lazy to care.

A lot of career politicians have fooled around too. Personally, I could care less who they have sex with.

This is what we get when we elect "actors" to public office. This is what we have come to expect from our "leaders" and apparantly Americans are too fat and lazy to care.

A lot of career politicians have fooled around too. Personally, I could care less who they have sex with.

I would suggest that most people have a bigger issue with the lies and deceit spread out over a long period of time.

I would suggest that most people have a bigger issue with the lies and deceit spread out over a long period of time.

I agree, that seems to be the core concern here. While I understand his desire to perhaps protect his (then young) children, wife and marriage, it does seem like he has ended up hurting them, himself and even the people of California more with the long-term lies. It is also obvious that he would not have been elected Governor if this had been publicly disclosed.

He did dodge quite a few bullets in the first campaign re: overly aggressive, and suggestive sexual advances, and a generally acknowledged "zipper problem" but these were beaten back, helped in part by his wife.

Just wondering what did all the Kennedy family members, in their previous life, to attract so much misery ?!?

What are you rambling about ?

His wife was (is) part of the Kennedy clan.

:thumbsup:

Cheers for lightning up the philistine...

Wonder how this kid is going to deal with a father who did not acknowledge him/her for 10 years?

I have an uncle that didn't meet his mother (my grand mother) until he was in his late fifties.

He became a Mormon.