Wanna Be A Film Star?

Jai Dee

Film extras needed

My name is Glenn "Jeep" Holthaus and I've been living here in Thailand for more than 33 years. In addition to my charity work and a myriad of other endeavors, I have been involved in 16 of the major Hollywood motion pictures shot in Thailand, and have been asked to be the casting director for a shoot to be done in Sattahip at the Naval Base on October 18 and 19, on board an aircraft carrier. 

I am looking for farang males white and black, age 17-36 years old (or look like they are that young!) This is a major Hollywood motion picture. The accepted applicants will receive 1500 baht per day (1350 after tax which is quite good for Thailand extras), transportation to and from Bangkok and Pattaya to Sattahip Naval Base, and food. Most candidates will only work for one day that is the 18th of October. The day will be a long one though. The buses will leave Bangkok at around 0400 and won't be back in Bangkok until around 2300. 

The buses in Pattaya will leave at around 0600 and will return at around 2000. I will need 60 extras for the 18th, and only about 15 for the 19th of October. Can you please put the word about this opportunity for your members to participate as extras in this major motion picture? The main star is Christian Bale (the new Batman) with Steve Zahn also starring. 

The director is Werner Herzog. The name of the movie will be "Rescue Dawn". It is a true story of a pilot shot down over Laos, captured, and makes a miraculous escape through Laos to be rescued on the Thai border. As you probably know, it is not easy to find young males to use in movies shot in Thailand. Old guys like me are a dime a dozen though! So if any members are in the age group or know someone who is and will be in Pattaya on those days, please have them contact me.

The only day I will be available for auditions in Pattaya is the afternoons of Saturday 8th, and Sunday the 9th of October, between the hours of 1200-1800 at "The Bowling Green" on Soi FuengFa (which most of us know as Soi Xzite Disco) between 3rd road and Soi Buakaow.

I can be contacted at [email protected] or mobile phone: 01 259 0106.

Thanks for the help.

Glenn "Jeep" Holthaus in Pattaya

Casting Director, "Rescue Dawn"

Recommend the Pattaya guys have a go at this.

Apart from the early call its quite good fun. Take your camera (not on set!) and get a photo of yourself with Christian Bale. Your girlfriends will like that.

You'll be talking about your day in the movies for a long time !

I have done a bit of "extra" work here in Thailand, certainly not for the money but for the experience. I recommend doing it but I warn you, depending on your scene involvement it could be a very long day or days and I have to say, the money they are offering is pretty poor for foreign extra work in Thailand. But the experience should make up for the poor pay. Do it!!!

QUOTE(Pattaya_Fox @ 2005-10-07 10:27:46)

no work permit........an extra star to-day and deported tomorrow unsure.gif

Seriously guys, this could be a big issue to anyone wanting to do it

This is routine.

The film company will have sorted this out as part of its permitting.

Extras will be asked to provide a copy of their main passport page , Withholding tax will be accounted for.

I have done a bit of "extra" work here in Thailand, certainly not for the money but for the experience. I recommend doing it but I warn you, depending on your scene involvement it could be a very long day or days and I have to say, the money they are offering is pretty poor for foreign extra work in Thailand. But the experience should make up for the poor pay. Do it!!!

Jupp you are exactly right . I have done some myself and to all of thoose who want check it out its gonna be a loooooooooong day. Pack suncream , and a smal backup in a bag. Its a reason Hollywood ++ is doing a lot of work in Thailand and that is becouse its cheap , You will know by the end of the day when you got payd your 1350bath if the money counts up to the time and work :D

Extras normaly starts at 3000,-

Have fun :o

Been there,done that,albiet in the Philippines,but appears to be the same deal IMHO unless you are local and desperate for cash,forget it as you truly earn your money.Food is generally poor and hourly rate diabolical.The only winner in the entire deal,apart from the film company is the "recruiter" who scims off a percentage for each sucker provided. :o:D:D

i think 1350 baht ok spend the day there back too pattaya nice feed hit soi6 then on to soi 7/8 should just about take care of the 1350 baht by the early hrs then go home and hit the sack sounds like a good day to me,and not cost you one baht of your own money.

:o:D