The Good And Bad Of Thailand

darrendsd

Around 10 days ago somebody walked into mine and the girlfriends house and took some money off the table [around 1500 baht] and her purse which contained around the same amount and also her ATM cards amongst other things.

It was my own fault, i went out and closed the gate however did not lock it, the girlfriend woke up, opened the front door, then went into the kitchen for a few minutes and when she came out realised what had happened, i was annoyed that somebody had just walked into my house like that but thankful that she did not disturb whoever walked in as things could have been worse, was down for a few days after the incident but then thought no more of it, but of course made sure amongst other things that the gate was locked when i left the house.

A few days ago she got a phone call from someone asking her if she had lost a purse, one of the binmen had found it, along with another girl who studies at the Dusit purse in a bin at the temple near Happy Valley, inside the purse she has a loyalty card for the G Supermarket, he had gone to the trouble of going to the supermarket to ask to see their records so he could get her phone number so he could contact her to tell her about the find.

We arranged to meet him today. he came even though it was pouring with rain and he duly gave back the purse, we of course gave him a reward which he was reluctant to take but we insisted, got home and the girlfriend checked her purse and found a 1000 baht note inside that the thief had missed [she always keeps the small notes separate from the big ones]

I know he won't read this but just wanted to say thanks again, and share a good ending story.

Nice ending to the story.

I had the fake police turn up at my house this week. Three of them in Royal pink shirts with police boots on. I am anoyed at myself for forgetting to lock the front gate because they opened it and walked straight into the yard. They showed me some crappy i.d, all smiles and showed me a brochure full of injured victims of southern bombings. Then they asked for 5000 baht. I said no, and told them to <deleted> off. I walked in the house and shouted back at them that they are bullshit police and they wouldnt get a penny from me. What really p1ssed me off though was that they walked up to the front door, opened it up and said "very good! Nice house! Ok 5000 baht too much what about 1500" They then said something about them being 'big boss in Hua Hin' so I said "ok, stay there mister big boss man I will call my big boss and you can talk to him he is chief of police". I picked up the phone and they went, pretty quickly.

I didnt have a big boss to call of course was just blagging that. I have never met the chief of police and never likely to either.

The dogs were in the kennels drying off as I had just washed them. I really really wish I hadnt..... Would love to have set them on them.

I had the fake police turn up at my house this week. Three of them in Royal pink shirts with police boots on. I am anoyed at myself for forgetting to lock the front gate because they opened it and walked straight into the yard. They showed me some crappy i.d, all smiles and showed me a brochure full of injured victims of southern bombings. Then they asked for 5000 baht. I said no, and told them to <deleted> off. I walked in the house and shouted back at them that they are bullshit police and they wouldnt get a penny from me. What really p1ssed me off though was that they walked up to the front door, opened it up and said "very good! Nice house! Ok 5000 baht too much what about 1500" They then said something about them being 'big boss in Hua Hin' so I said "ok, stay there mister big boss man I will call my big boss and you can talk to him he is chief of police". I picked up the phone and they went, pretty quickly.

I didnt have a big boss to call of course was just blagging that. I have never met the chief of police and never likely to either.

The dogs were in the kennels drying off as I had just washed them. I really really wish I hadnt..... Would love to have set them on them.

Never seen proper Police open an unlocked gate, or even worse an entrance door, as they know we are allowed to shoot them if they do

Never seen proper Police open an unlocked gate, or even worse an entrance door, as they know we are allowed to shoot them if they do

Its legal to shoot the police if they walk into your house?????

Its legal to shoot the police if they walk into your house?????

If they do not display a court order or are obviousy not chasing a criminal suspect, yes you can shoot armed Police entering your house without your permission. Make sure your gun is lisenced tho

I read somewhere that you can shoot somebody that unlawfully enters your house however you cannot if they are just in the garden?

only armed (knife) and threatening trespassers can be shot, and garden/land must have fence and gate so trespasser is absolutely aware of trespassing.

someone seeking shade under a tree in your unfenced garden, and peeling an orange with a knife, I would not shoot. at least aim low555

but we r way off topic here, OP had someone break into his house, and a good Thai found his belongings and returned them with cash still in wallet

And as a Farang you will be unlikely to obtain a gun license so you are talking bullsh*t about shooting anybody. Unless you have friends in very very high places you will not have a license and you will spend a long time in jail for shooting anyone.

And as a Farang you will be unlikely to obtain a gun license so you are talking bullsh*t about shooting anybody. Unless you have friends in very very high places you will not have a license and you will spend a long time in jail for shooting anyone.

It is possible for a farang to obtain a gun liscence if their job/business involves taking money to the Bank, wether this liscence would protect you in a worst case instance of what is being posted is questionable.

It is possible for a farang to obtain a gun liscence if their job/business involves taking money to the Bank, wether this liscence would protect you in a worst case instance of what is being posted is questionable.

hmm, I have had a TH lisenced gun since 2004. Glock 19, holds 16 9mm pluss 15 in another magazine. Still have it, but havent needed to shoot anyone for a few years. So lets drop the b-shit YorkshireTyke, and get back on topic.

Feel free to start a fire arm topic if views on gun ownership and TH lisence requirements are desired

Hang on a minute - how did you legaly obtain a gun? I dont disbelieve you but I am wondering how the heck a ferang is legaly allowed to hold a gun?

I thought about buying one once - I lived in a house that was in the middle of the country side and figured it wouldnt be a bad idea to have one around the house in the event of something bad happening. I was offered one by a local policeman for 30,000. I told him that it would never leave the house - ever - and would only be used if someone broke into my house while I was there. I asked what would happen to me if i shot someone and he said if in self defence in your own home, you will be fine.

I decided against it in the end. I just dont believe that shooting someone with an unregistered gun would see anything other than me going to jail.

hmm, I have had a TH lisenced gun since 2004. Glock 19, holds 16 9mm pluss 15 in another magazine. Still have it, but havent needed to shoot anyone for a few years. So lets drop the b-shit YorkshireTyke, and get back on topic.

Feel free to start a fire arm topic if views on gun ownership and TH lisence requirements are desired

yorkshiretyke may need to worry about the thaivisa moderator weapons...

yorkshiretyke may need to worry about the thaivisa moderator weapons...

only if he burglars my home while I am there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rottweiler to alert, Glock to elliminate, beats any alarm system B)

Sorry OP, far off topic :jap:

post-119746-0-67882500-1306506395_thumb.

I shot 2 monkeys off my roof with a high pressure garden hose today. Most Thais use the slingshots, this was more fun. Although one of them almost ripped down my 3BB internet line trying to escape while i pelted his ass with water.

Edited by phillies

Shoot them with what?

If you had access to a gun, you would shoot a Policeman for opening a door, or anyone else for that matter?

Bulls#@t

Shoot them with what?

If you had access to a gun, you would shoot a Policeman for opening a door, or anyone else for that matter?

Bulls#@t

intelegent people read the topic before posting and calling names

but no, I would not initially shoot him/them as long as they didnt display guns, as my dog would take action first. If he/they continued trespassing, I would need to shoot. Then call the Police station to report, and to be sure a proper Police treatment also call head of provincial Police.

and as Police would be very much ashame of the incident, you will not ever read about it in a news paper

TiT

I read somewhere that you can shoot somebody that unlawfully enters your house however you cannot if they are just in the garden?

Someone seeking shade under a tree in your unfenced garden, and peeling an orange with a knife, I would not shoot. at least aim low555

You've been watching too much TV.

YOU WOULD SHOOT LOW AT SOMEONE PEELING AN ORANGE UNDER A TREE? If you have a gun and I do not believe you do, you are definetly the wrong person to have one.

The Thai guy has more right to be under that tree than you, YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO LAND IN THAILAND.

We are guests here. :jap:

TiT

Edited by BazilFox

Someone seeking shade under a tree in your unfenced garden, and peeling an orange with a knife, I would not shoot. at least aim low555

YOU WOULD SHOOT LOW AT SOMEONE PEELING AN ORANGE UNDER A TREE? If you have a gun and I do not believe you do, you are definetly the wrong person to have one.

The Thai guy has more right to be under that tree than you, YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO LAND IN THAILAND.

TiT

BS does he.............its your garden and he is trespassing, fence or no fence...........

TiT

BS does he.............its your garden and he is trespassing, fence or no fence...........

Real Sheilas here, now another would shoot someone for peeling an Orange, bet if you fronted these two halfwits they would shi# themselve's. :o

Bet they rent their properties or have put them in the name of some Thai female like many loser's? :lol:

TiT

Edited by BazilFox

TiT

I use several options of controlling land in Thailand, and thus need to protect it, my family, my houses, my cash and myself . And you have no idea if I have an Investment visa and under the 40 million baht BOI program to own one rai in my name

However the last 3 digits in my post, 555, means ha ha ha, indicating my post was a joke :D

Sorry I wasnt clear enough for you

haven watched TV since I had my cable disconnected in 2008.

Off to the shooting range, my GF is still a better shooter than me with her S&W Titanium

pick a fight somewhere else please

TiT

I use several options of controlling land in Thailand, and thus need to protect it, my family, my houses, my cash and myself . And you have no idea if I have an Investment visa and under the 40 million baht BOI program to own one rai in my name

However the last 3 digits in my post, 555, means ha ha ha, indicating my post was a joke :D

BTW, haven watched TV since I had my cable disconnected in 2008.

Christ what do you do if you have not had TV since 2008, cable is crap but then I suppose you cannot afford UBC. NOT SURE WHY I COME ON HERE, SEEMS THIS SITE IS FOR LOSER'S IN DREAMLAND. Next you will tell me you live in Cha Am, now that is a place for loser's. :(

Edited by BazilFox

TiT

BTW, haven watched TV since I had my cable disconnected in 2008.

Christ what do you do if you have not had TV since 2008, cable is crap but then I suppose you cannot afford UBC. NOT SURE WHY I COME ON HERE, SEEMS THIS SITE IS FOR LOSER'S IN DREAMLAND. Next you will tell me you live in Cha Am, now that is a place for loser's. :(

Dont judge everybody by yourself Basil................suppose with your previous career in the special forces makes Cha am look like a place for losers :D :D :D

I have no properties in Cha Am, and have never lived there. Nice place tho, and like to ride my bike from my home in Naebkehardt HH up there on occasions

I did rent a home for 3 months in 2005, had just sold 2 houses and my next wasnt completed

and me neither have no idea why you come on here :rolleyes:

let me know if you come to look at my gun or to sit under my palm tree, preventing I shoot you :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 months later...

Am little surprised of how also Hua Hin is changing, and not always in good way...

Robber in our house two weeks ago, ok, they arrested the thiefs... always finit well.

But yesterday i noticed that 2 of our friends from holland was attacked by someone rididng a motorbike while they was biking home at night time on the way fron Petchakasem to Horizon ( ok, this street have not so much lights... but is the one they need to use to go home).

They arrive by motorbike near to them and they kick a wheel making them falling down, one after the other in a few seconds.

I didn't really understand if they stole something or not, because we just talk with them by phone once they already gone back europe, but the guy needed to go hospital for having scraves on harms and legs. Luckly the wife she was ok...

So, what's going on?

Do we have to be resigned to this?

:jap:

Unfortuantley I think we do, I am hearing more and more about people being robbed either whilst they are out on the street or their houses being burgled.

I'm not sure if there is more crime now then what there was when I first moved here 6 years ago or it's simply that I know a lot more people now so hear a lot more things but I sure don't feel as safe here as I once did.

The levels of violence being used when robberys take place is frightening.

Oh, dear me. there is no such thing as good and bad in Thailand.As in any other country Everything here ,is bad -Or hadn't you noticed? I have only lived since 1989, yes ,I plead guilty ,I am a "Johnny Come Lately"But yes, I have NO intention of leaving. Luckily ,I am a "little bit long in the tooth". Happy days are here again. Where I live ,no security problems. Often forget to put a lock on the door

Oh, dear me. there is no such thing as good and bad in Thailand.As in any other country Everything here ,is bad -Or hadn't you noticed? I have only lived since 1989, yes ,I plead guilty ,I am a "Johnny Come Lately"But yes, I have NO intention of leaving. Luckily ,I am a "little bit long in the tooth". Happy days are here again. Where I live ,no security problems. Often forget to put a lock on the door

Yes I have noticed, maybe you would care to read my opening post?

Am happy you feel so safe,

honestly i cannot say the same... i mean, am not fearing nothing, but just let me say that things looks different as 7 years ago on my first coming...

Living here just a few months per year of course i cannot have a complete point of view, but am seeing lot of little things who make me alerted...Me too am not intentioned to move away, but actually i feel less sure than years ago.

To know is not different from other countries do not make me more happy, because years ago i came here and it was different.

just my 5 cents, of course.

:jap: