Pizza Inflation Wtf!

dave111223

Yeah, pizza in Thailand is expensive compared to back home and the price rises fast. Large meat lovers pizza from Pizza Hut is 330 Baht in the US, 415 B at Pizza Hut here. I'm not even sure if they're the same size either, large from most places back home is much bigger than large here. Also pretty sure the employees here aren't making 250+ B per hour

Yeah, pizza in Thailand is expensive compared to back home and the price rises fast. Large meat lovers pizza from Pizza Hut is 330 Baht in the US, 415 B at Pizza Hut here. I'm not even sure if they're the same size either, large from most places back home is much bigger than large here. Also pretty sure the employees here aren't making 250+ B per hour

Ahh, not only have the US exported pizza hut and the like to Thailand, they also included a side order of Federal Reserve monetary inflation with those pizzas :)

Edited by RedFxTrade

Why anybody should spend big bucks on the Italian version of cheese on toast escapes me, as does the snobbery in respect of the current craze for coffee. Perhaps it is because I spend much of my time evading the fashion police. :)

The worst pizza I have ever had was in Thailand. You could not pay me to try it again.

There are plenty of candidates for the worst pizza in Thailand from the takeaway/deliveries to, so-called, Italian restaurants.

Anybody had a good one ?

I used to have a pan pizza from Pizza Company from time to time. It tastes "good" to me even though the crust is not the genuine item and the crust is (used to be) my favorite part of a pizza..

However, they have gotten way too expensive for something that I was pretty much just putting up with in the first place.

Luckily, I live in Chiang Mai and the Duke's pizza is much cheaper and just as good - actually better - but not as convienient to order at home. You have to pay a delivery service which brings the price way up, but going to the Duke's - instead of having it delivered solves the problem.

I have never had a really good pizza in Thailand, but the Duke's is not far off.

Edited by Ulysses G.

It's hard not to notice the price hikes. I remember when Pizza Company offered a small pizza, garlic bread, wings, and 1/2 liter of pepsi for 109 baht and that included delivery. Guess what? Now just some wings are 109 baht. I stopped buying from them for a long time because I couldn't justify what they were doing with their prices. But now they have a buy 1 get 1 membership card which doesn't make things cheap, but at least it is palatable again.

The worst pizza I have ever had was in Thailand. You could not pay me to try it again.

Best pizza I ever had was in Genoa, Italy; worst pizza was in Naples, Italy (two days later). Thailand is somewhere in between but near the bottom. Some places in CM are good, but the stuff Pizza Co churn out is crap and way overpriced. In any case, come to the conclusion pizza is just not good for you. DO NOT EAT PIZZA! :rolleyes:

There are plenty of candidates for the worst pizza in Thailand from the takeaway/deliveries to, so-called, Italian restaurants.

Anybody had a good one ?

My favorite (except my own, home made) comes from a little Italian restaurant on Ramkhamhaeng Soi 164 named "Delizia". Wood fired oven outside, and a fresh Münchner Hofbräu from the barrel!

He charges THB 190 for a Margherita. But try his pizza Taleggio, wonderful!

best pizza in thailand was at my house....wood fired pizza oven with own toppings........smoked and mmmmmm

Another good one, but a bit to soggy is at Khao Yai....guy uses all Italian ingredients, great cheese and great taste.....cold next day even better.

I seem to remember Skuzzi in the esplanade on ratchada being pretty good also.....but that was 3 years ago.

They could reduce the price of pizza instantly if they would stop putting a dozen or so packets of Ketchup with every order.

Putting Ketchup on pizza is sacrilige; I can't understand how Ketchup ever became a necessary condiment for pizza. :bah:

It's hard not to notice the price hikes. I remember when Pizza Company offered a small pizza, garlic bread, wings, and 1/2 liter of pepsi for 109 baht and that included delivery. Guess what? Now just some wings are 109 baht. I stopped buying from them for a long time because I couldn't justify what they were doing with their prices. But now they have a buy 1 get 1 membership card which doesn't make things cheap, but at least it is palatable again.

If it is buy 1 get 1 free then why you need a mambership card,they could just give on free with each purchase.Is it possible that you made a mistake in writing and that it is buy 10 get 1 free?

I used to have a pan pizza from Pizza Company from time to time. It tastes "good" to me even though the crust is not the genuine item and the crust is (used to be) my favorite part of a pizza..

However, they have gotten way too expensive for something that I was pretty much just putting up with in the first place.

Luckily, I live in Chiang Mai and the Duke's pizza is much cheaper and just as good - actually better - but not as convienient to order at home. You have to pay a delivery service which brings the price way up, but going to the Duke's - instead of having it delivered solves the problem.

I have never had a really good pizza in Thailand, but the Duke's is not far off.

Right behind u on that one Ulysses

If it is buy 1 get 1 free then why you need a mambership card,they could just give on free with each purchase.Is it possible that you made a mistake in writing and that it is buy 10 get 1 free?

The coupon is buy one get one free, but for carry out only.

we make a pizza shack, shall we?

usually I fix myself pizza... my own version, vegetarian

i get pizza dough,cheese, tomatoes, onion other veg. from Foodlands

the taste is not as good as the pizza comp and pizza huts.

but I have the feeling of self-contained. I have my foods from my own cookin'. it's more than a feeling. I know what you mean I realized that the price's keep goin' up. occasionally i order Pizza from the pizza comp. One day , my mind was thinkin' that why I should have to stick my stomach with these junk food outlets. And at the time, i didn't even realize that they exploit the resources, kids' workforce. I have no problem they can increase as much they can. To say, if a pan of pizza with the price of 1,000 baht, that won't matter to me. if we don't buy any from 'em, how much can it be up? In the end,they will have to dump the price. it's micro-economics,Demand/Supply.

So what do you think?

Edited by dunkin2012

They could reduce the price of pizza instantly if they would stop putting a dozen or so packets of Ketchup with every order.

Putting Ketchup on pizza is sacrilige; I can't understand how Ketchup ever became a necessary condiment for pizza. :bah:

how do they get the idea that pizza has to come with ketchup?

still wonder...... oregano + cheese + pepper + Tabasco are fine.

I think that your sign in nick indicates that you are willing to pay full price for Dunkin Doughnuts. :D

true....

I love doughnuts.....

there's a story. a couple of months ago while I was on the net and just lazed away my time. And did some google searches. finally, I arrived at Thaivisa.com. read a few posts and felt like participating. but had to register and couldn't think of any modern alias for a forum member.

Looked around and found a dunkin' donut's mug. Then took it. 2012 is the year that many people believe it's the end of the world. added 2012 to distinguish myself from other similar nicks. 2012 is just cool then... hahah.... :rolleyes:

Edited by dunkin2012

dun't tell me !.... Farangs in LOS order too many pizza then................

ended up with running ather scam..................... pizza scams.........

oh...........my lord.

Edited by dunkin2012