Bangkok Night Clubs The Top 10

Maipenrai007

I have always been interested to know what different people think are the best places to go in Bangkok. Are more people interested in hitting Nana, Cowboy or are people more interested in the high end places where you have to be seen.

Personally I like to mix it up, when I am in Bangkok, hit the night clubs one night and may hit the Go-go's another.

Found and interesting article on the top 10 clubs, Bangkok Night Clubs

What are the real top ten, should this include places such as Shark Bar, Rainbow!!!

Interesting to here others feed back!

One night Purachai saved my life...

That was -sometime at the beginning of this century- when his 2am closing time proposal was accepted by the parliament.

Since then, Bangkok club scene -if there is any- is dull... But just methinks, of course! B)

^

Plenty of venues that continue after 2 am.

The list mentioned in the OP seems a bit outdated and personally I would include Insomnia, Mixx and more of those "all night" places where things start to get going well after 2am.

Three places I haven't been for a while are Boss, Spice and Swing and these also stay open well after 2am.

One of my most memorable nights was going with two on-duty police officers to the 24 hour club near Chula Uni (is it Spicy?) that doubles up as a chinese restaurant. Rather well looked after by the club. And at least the police took their tops off so they blended in; though they were not as well blended as the free whiskey.

Attention for newbies: always take your sunglasses. You'll need then when you walk out of the club at midday.

:jap:

One of my most memorable nights was going with two on-duty police officers to the 24 hour club near Chula Uni (is it Spicy?) that doubles up as a chinese restaurant. Rather well looked after by the club. And at least the police took their tops off so they blended in; though they were not as well blended as the free whiskey.

Attention for newbies: always take your sunglasses. You'll need then when you walk out of the club at midday.

:jap:

Haha, I m with you on the sun glasses. I ended up at an after hour bar on Petchaburi Road one night , low ceiling thumping music and crowded. Was totally hammered, had a girl throw a drink over my face for some reason, but it turned out well as left late morning with two girls in a taxi....though when got back to the condo I had been on the go for more than 24 hours at this point, and wasn't up to much....but after a few hours sleep I "perked" up a bit :lol:...Good Times

Spicy is currently closed ostensibly to repair a faulty A/C system. Maybe back in action after a couple of months? Swing is indeed right across the street on the 2nd floor above the restaurant. Swing sucks on Fri/Sat nights as it gets ridiculously crowded. Shock has become the new Spicy for now, and most of the same Security guys (most of them from Crime Suppression) that worked at Spicy. Shock is owned by the same guy who owns Spicy. Swing is great on the off nights, (er mornings) starting at about 5AM when the other late night discos close. For guys like me who work late nights (my biz is focused on N. American clients), Swing is a nice joint to go hang out. It would be perfect if they could accomodate a couple of poker/blackjack tables... :D

My favorite, (along with many other guys

that I know,) is Baccarra's on Soi Cowboy.

Although "pricey," and the music is terrible

and waaaayyyy tooo loud- the "scenery" is

to be found nowhere else on the planet! :)

Half of the places on that list are not even nightclubs. They are more like cocktail lounges.

Nightclub is about music, dancing, and chicks.

RCA is my usual jaunt with Route 66 and Slim. I'm also partial to a few places along Sukhumvit depending on my mood.

I'm 25% sure I met a TV member tonight on Thonglor........

Not my favorite club, Demo, but hey she was pretty and what can you do......

Anyway, my vote for a nice bar/ is Blue Velvet on Thonglor Soi 5.... music on weekends is old-school mixed with new stuff and is a super-cool atmosphere IMO...... #1 on my list for the past year or so.....

At the risk of getting yawned at, my favorite night club in Bangkok is still Spasso in the Hyatt. OK, I am not in my twenties anymore, so I am not after teenies.

But with my wife (yes, she is always with me), we have a bet: Who ever sees a girl with ugly shoes, get a glass of Champagne. So far, none of us ever got one.

The music is most of the time great (life) and the drinks great. You can even get a decent pizza after hours.

And of course, a lot of eye candie

Half of the places on that list are not even nightclubs. They are more like cocktail lounges.

Nightclub is about music, dancing, and chicks.

RCA is my usual jaunt with Route 66 and Slim. I'm also partial to a few places along Sukhumvit depending on my mood.

Quite right.

The OP sounds nieve and and a newbie, the two he has mentioned are Go Go bars in Nana for tourists. He then says a mix Club one night then a Go Go the next, spend all night in Go Go Bars you will spend at least 3 to 4k conservatively, say the same in a club thats (30 monthly) 3,500 baht = 105,000 a month. This on just booze.

Bullsh#* :(

Spicy is currently closed ostensibly to repair a faulty A/C system. Maybe back in action after a couple of months? Swing is indeed right across the street on the 2nd floor above the restaurant. Swing sucks on Fri/Sat nights as it gets ridiculously crowded. Shock has become the new Spicy for now, and most of the same Security guys (most of them from Crime Suppression) that worked at Spicy. Shock is owned by the same guy who owns Spicy. Swing is great on the off nights, (er mornings) starting at about 5AM when the other late night discos close. For guys like me who work late nights (my biz is focused on N. American clients), Swing is a nice joint to go hang out. It would be perfect if they could accomodate a couple of poker/blackjack tables... :D

Shock - Unbelieveably BAD music. Expect to hear certain "hits" 3 or 4 times every couple of hours - I schit you not! Pure whores

Swing - Much better music when the girl DJ plays but it's a death-trap on weekends because security won't restrict the numbers. 80% whores

Insomnia - This is a hard one to rate for me. Lights, sound system, staff all high quality but it's too . . . well . . . Pattaya. Their Facebook page is nothing more than an advertising forum for tramp-stamped whores on meth so expect a Brit-heavy farang contingent less concerned with music, dancing and atmosphere than with disrespectfully pawing every female within dickshot. 120 baht for a 7 baht bottle of water.

Q Bar - Good music, great atmosphere on certain nights but with beers at 230 Baht, you'd think they could sort the air conditioning. As 2am draws closer, expect to see the same whore change from cocktail dress to denim hot pants in the time it takes to go to the bog.

Nana Liquid - Used to be the place for music and atmosphere but a bit more hit and miss of late. 80% whores

Narcissus - Huge club, huge mostly Thai crowd. Goes till 5 most nights. Trance downstairs, hip pop upstairs played by predictable Thai "DJs". Superior women - Thai model quality. Far fewer whores. Farang contingent far more well-behaved.

Demo/Funky Villa - 90% Thai, devastating women, minimal whoreage, decent Thai DJs playing surprisingly good music; shuts way too early 1.30 - 2am

Climax - Absolutely f***ing schite in every aspect. Only go if hammered

• Like 1

Nana Liquid - Used to be the place for music and atmosphere but a bit more hit and miss of late. 80% whores

I haven't been since they rebranded from Nana Disco but it's amazing that it could ever become the place or be only 80% whores

I think the Thai pubs are the best also. Just so hard to meet girls there. The best ones are afraid to talk to foreigners with their friends around. Regardless, the eye candy is breathless.

• 2 months later...

Tawandaeng micro-brewery/ restaurant, pub, night club; there are 2 in BKK. Brew their own Germany beer (quite good also) Extensive food menu and not overpriced. Live music every night. Few hookers, many mainstream women that can be friendly. No cover charge either so what you save on cover you can eat and drink with.

Place is huge and can be lots of fun.