Pattaya-Suvarnambhumi

tardelli

Bus from pattaya to suvarnambhumi Airport

From where and what times depart to airport? ( Today 1 june 2011)

i will be thankful for answers.

Thanks.

p.s. actually i know there are Bus to Airport from nakua( roong ruang) bus station bus i forgot about bus departure time schedule ;

not sure.

The only bus which runs directly into Suwanaphum Airport does NOT leave from Pattaya, it leaves from the Jomtien bus terminal. This terminal is located on the east side of Thepraya Road, just north of the intersection with Theprasit Road. Running time is 90 minutes, as the bus goes non-stop to the airport. (Coming the opposite direction, it takes about 2 hrs., as it stops 3 or 4 times to discharge passengers.)

Departure times from Jomtien: 7:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., and then every 2hrs. until 8:00 p.m. I believe. Verify the evening times if that is what you want. I am not sure of these, as I always use it in the mornings.

Of note: All blue and white Bangkok buses which depart from the North Pattaya bus station go non-stop to either Ekkamai or Morchit Bus Stations, both of which are substantially beyond Suwanaphum Airport. Depending on time of day and traffic, you would have to backtrack at least 30 - 60 minutes to get to the airport.

MR, Moderator: I use this bus regularly, and the way it is advertised is misleading for tourists.

1. The sign in Bkk. Airport says "Pattaya". This is technically correct, Jomtien is part of Pattaya. But the bus does not go the North Pattaya Bus Terminal, and does not go to what most tourists think of as being "Pattaya". (Beach Road, 2nd and 3rd Roads.) It runs south on Sukhumwit before turning west on Theprasit. This is not a big issue, passengers can get off on Sukhumwit and take a songthaew; though many are unaware of which stop on Sukhumwit they should get off at.

2. As I said above, Bangkok bound passengers should be aware that the only place to board this bus is at the Jomtien Bus Terminal.

3. I have been informed that the last daily departure from Suwanaphum to "Pattaya" (at 9:00 p.m. I believe) terminates at Naklua (north end of Pattaya, and does not even go as far as the North Pattaya Bus Station. This is hearsay; I have not had this happen to me.

I suggest you edit this, and Pin it for reference.

The only bus which runs directly into Suwanaphum Airport does NOT leave from Pattaya, it leaves from the Jomtien bus terminal. This terminal is located on the east side of Thepraya Road, just north of the intersection with Theprasit Road. Running time is 90 minutes, as the bus goes non-stop to the airport. (Coming the opposite direction, it takes about 2 hrs., as it stops 3 or 4 times to discharge passengers.)

Departure times from Jomtien: 7:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., and then every 2hrs. until 8:00 p.m. I believe. Verify the evening times if that is what you want. I am not sure of these, as I always use it in the mornings.

Of note: All blue and white Bangkok buses which depart from the North Pattaya bus station go non-stop to either Ekkamai or Morchit Bus Stations, both of which are substantially beyond Suwanaphum Airport. Depending on time of day and traffic, you would have to backtrack at least 30 - 60 minutes to get to the airport.

MR, Moderator: I use this bus regularly, and the way it is advertised is misleading for tourists.

1. The sign in Bkk. Airport says "Pattaya". This is technically correct, Jomtien is part of Pattaya. But the bus does not go the North Pattaya Bus Terminal, and does not go to what most tourists think of as being "Pattaya". (Beach Road, 2nd and 3rd Roads.) It runs south on Sukhumwit before turning west on Theprasit. This is not a big issue, passengers can get off on Sukhumwit and take a songthaew; though many are unaware of which stop on Sukhumwit they should get off at.

2. As I said above, Bangkok bound passengers should be aware that the only place to board this bus is at the Jomtien Bus Terminal.

3. I have been informed that the last daily departure from Suwanaphum to "Pattaya" (at 9:00 p.m. I believe) terminates at Naklua (north end of Pattaya, and does not even go as far as the North Pattaya Bus Station. This is hearsay; I have not had this happen to me.

You are wrong. Bell bus service runs direct from pattaya north bus station to the airport. They will also pick you up at your hotel with a minivan, drive you to the bus station. Price is 200 baht. I just did it going home on May 25, 2011 and have used them several times.

The bus to Ekkami from Pattaya north bus station passes within viewing distance of the airport,tell the driver you want to get off at the airport stop,then 85 baht or so for taxi into departures. Taxi has to take a long route to get there .up one way down the next takes about 10 minutes or so

Talk about misleading tourists!

There are three points in the Jomtien\Pattaya you can catch a big bus going directly to Suvanrnambhumi.

1. There is a pickup point on the east side of Thrappaya Road next to the MiniMart just north of Thepprasit Road.
  2. At the Jomtien Bus Terminal on the south side of Chaiyapruk Road about 100 meters east of the beach road.
  3. The Bell Bus Terminal, which is a separate building within the North Pattaya Bus Terminal.

I have used all three.

Plus there are a multitude of Mini Bus departures in Both Jomtien and Pattaya.

Some of this comes down to a matter of definitions.

- many foreign visitors to Pattaya (especiallly first-timers) have never heard of Jomtien, and even if they have, may or may not consider it to be the same destination as "Pattaya", which is what the sign inside Suwannaphum Airport calls the service to Jomtien.

- I stand corrected regarding the Bell Travel service from the North Pattaya Bus Station. It didn't exist whenever I was there last.

- I would not want to rely on a bus driver stopping the bus to let me out on the side of the freeway 2 or 3 kilometres from the Suwannaphum Airport terminal, even if one can see the terminal from that point. Even at the Onnut BTS Station, where traffic is much slower, they only discharge passengers who have no baggage stowed in the baggage hold. And standing on the westbound expressway, especially after dark, is not very safe. And you might have to wait a long time for a vacant taxi heading westbound into Bangkok who would take you into the Airport.

- many foreign visitors to Pattaya (especiallly first-timers) have never heard of Jomtien, and even if they have, may or may not consider it to be the same destination as "Pattaya", which is what the sign inside Suwannaphum Airport calls the service to Jomtien.

- I stand corrected regarding the Bell Travel service from the North Pattaya Bus Station. It didn't exist whenever I was there last.

- I would not want to rely on a bus driver stopping the bus to let me out on the side of the freeway 2 or 3 kilometres from the Suwannaphum Airport terminal, even if one can see the terminal from that point. Even at the Onnut BTS Station, where traffic is much slower, they only discharge passengers who have no baggage stowed in the baggage hold. And standing on the westbound expressway, especially after dark, is not very safe. And you might have to wait a long time for a vacant taxi heading westbound into Bangkok who would take you into the Airport.

Christ ,its a taxi for you. There are quite a few who get off the bus Pattaya to Ekkamai) at the airport stop (taxis awaiting). Ask the driver ,if bags a problem load it onto bus,usually 2 free seats in front just for that reason

The Bell bus service has existed for many years now. Probably at least ten years. Their website enabling you to book online is already three years old. For you to suggest that it didn't exist the last time you were there is amusing to say the least. Especially in the light of you writing that you use the other service regularly.

Didn't exist and didn't know are not related.

3. I have been informed that the last daily departure from Suwanaphum to "Pattaya" (at 9:00 p.m. I believe) terminates at Naklua (north end of Pattaya, and does not even go as far as the North Pattaya Bus Station. This is hearsay;

Someone I know arrived at Jomtien station at around 11pm on this last bus a week ago. So I would say that it does go where it is supposed to and for 120+Baht it seems to be a bargain.

I would also add that for many people Jomtien bus station is much more conveniently located than Sukumvit Rd bus station, as from right outside Jomtien station one can get a regular Bahtbus for 10B to go anywhere along Jomtien Beach Rd or 2nd Rd Pattaya (or even Naklua for 20B), which puts you within walking distance of nearly all the major and minor hotels in the popullar parts of town (except for places like Pratumnak and Wong Amat, which just dont have any regular transport, and for silly places like the Ambassador). Anyone stopping at Sukumvit bus station will have to negotiate (ie pay a fortune) to get to most places.

Anyone living off the beaten track would be well advised to use the Bell bus, which is 200B to anywhere in town, and no fighting negotiation required.

3. I have been informed that the last daily departure from Suwanaphum to "Pattaya" (at 9:00 p.m. I believe) terminates at Naklua (north end of Pattaya, and does not even go as far as the North Pattaya Bus Station. This is hearsay;

Someone I know arrived at Jomtien station at around 11pm on this last bus a week ago. So I would say that it does go where it is supposed to and for 120+Baht it seems to be a bargain.

I would also add that for many people Jomtien bus station is much more conveniently located than Sukumvit Rd bus station, as from right outside Jomtien station one can get a regular Bahtbus for 10B to go anywhere along Jomtien Beach Rd or 2nd Rd Pattaya (or even Naklua for 20B), which puts you within walking distance of nearly all the major and minor hotels in the popullar parts of town (except for places like Pratumnak and Wong Amat, which just dont have any regular transport, and for silly places like the Ambassador). Anyone stopping at Sukumvit bus station will have to negotiate (ie pay a fortune) to get to most places.

Anyone living off the beaten track would be well advised to use the Bell bus, which is 200B to anywhere in town, and no fighting negotiation required.

allane has got it slightly wrong as he stated the last bus leaves at 9pm.

Indeed you are correct, the bus that you describe carries on to Chom Tien.

The last bus departs at 10pm and it is this bus that supposedly terminates at North Pattaya bus station according to their website.

This bus goes to Pattaya Bus Terminal on North Pattaya Road
. Again at odds with allane's description.

Link here