3Bb New Promotion

sulasno

I noticed that 3BB is offering 9M/1M for 900 baht; I am happy with my present 6M / 512K;

I may decide to use their IPTV HD later though; should I switch package now and will I really have a much faster download ?

When I initially sub to their service, depending on the servers, I will downloading at about 670; but there some sites where I can only download at 105KB/sec;

I use to be able to download at 670 from Google but now I can't

I have 3bb 8mb and my max download on torrents is 50kbps and filesharing around 180kbps. Anything else around 950kbps.

3bb are throttling me as they told me I download too much. Sounds like they are throttling you too.

Anyone else?

They actually admitted to throttling you? I'm surprised, I think that's first time I hear them do that!

How much did you need to download to trigger that?

When I went into the office in Ubon to complain the girl told my wife "you husband copy too much movie".

When i was downloading at max speed everything was hd720p. I suppose would average 250-300gb a month.

Not as much now as it summer in the U.S. so all the good shows are finished.

I've been wondering what would be an average download per month amongst the members here.

Edited by sammycic

My router stats got reset when the router was last rebooted last week, but if I have to extrapolate the last weeks usage our average use is around 72G/month.

I just called 3BB helpdesk:

• To get the new 9M plan you need to go into their office and apply for it as a new package, they will not automatically update an existing 8M package as it is "a new promotion".
  • They could not tell me how much bandwidth I would need to use to be throttled, nor is there any online tools available to know your bandwidth usage. They offered to switch me through to "the local technician" who supposedly should know the bandwidth used, but I declined as I've spoken to them before and it always ends in frustration as they don't speak two words English.

I called 3BB yesterday and was told that I have to bring a copy of ID and upgrade the service from the present plan at their outlets

on the average I download 4 GB daily when I am at the table; and double if I download movies

edit

I forgot to mention about the TV box that they are offering; cannot remember the price but I think it is something like 2390 baht and a monthly subscription costs 299

Edited by sulasno

The funny thing about this more speed crap is that if you are not downloading movies etc what do you use it for. I've never ever had a decent stream and even when downloading at max speed you can still surf the web easily. At the moment my speed is equivilent to just under a 2MB connection. For an extra 12 baht a month I might as well upgrade to 9mb or save money and go back to 6mb.

Must be Thai logic to sell you more speed so you can download more but when you do they will stop you anyway.

If only Truevisions was a half decent service it would free up so much bandwidth.

From your averages looks like i will have to cut back on 720p TV.

If 3bb was to introduce a download cap per month and you pay extra for excess gbs like they do in AUS, I would more than happy to pay for the service.

I cannot justify 2,500bht for 5mb speed.

thats my thoughts

I just downloaded a 20MB file in seconds; I am wondering whether some sites are restricting download speeds instead of 3BB ?

I am only slow for torrents and filesharing, anything else is full speed.

I just downloaded a 20MB file in seconds; I am wondering whether some sites are restricting download speeds instead of 3BB ?

I am only slow for torrents and filesharing, anything else is full speed.

Just curious: have you tried using a VPN service for torrents and downloading? I'm wondering whether that might avoid the throttling.

Just curious: have you tried using a VPN service for torrents and downloading? I'm wondering whether that might avoid the throttling.

At the moment back to full speed. I tried a VPN using jdownloader and rapidshare and slowed it down even more. I tried a vpn with utorrent and only went to 100kbps from 50kbps.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with 3bb changing from 8mb to 9mb.

Anything is possible with 3bb.

very happy for the moment after 8 very slow days.

Just upgraded from 8MB to 9MB at the 3BB office in Nakhon Phanom when paying our bill today. For an extra 13 baht a month I thought why not. Told to switch the router off and then on again after going home, did so, then run a speed test on speedtest.net and it showed 9.45 MB download and about .7 MB upload. So pretty happy with that, if it's correct, although I'm certainly no internet expert.

On another note, the net here seems to be much quicker than my connection that I have in the UK, I am supposed to be on 8MB in the UK with orange, if I get 3MB download and .3MB up, it's a good day. I use the same speedtest.net for comparison.

Regards

Just recently switched from TOT to 3BB (in Rayong). So far about 2-3 weeks haven't noticed any downtimes while with TOT problems were daily. Took the 9/1 offer for 900 baht (963 baht per month with tax) but looks like I actually got more like 10/1 (modem shows 10812 downstream and 1247 upstream). I won't complain :)

Actual speeds internationally have been noticably better than TOT used to be, although I haven't torrented a lot. Something like 300-400k/s with well enough seeded torrent anyway. Ping times dropped as well, to a game server in US from ~350 -> 300ms so I can only hope this level of quality will hold.. I remember TOT used to work well when I first got it as well.

Btw don't trust speedtest.net for actual international speeds, 3BB is cheating in that.. shows me full 10 meg download from any server from anywhere in the world..

Jdownloader is having problems with handling international connections, set max connections to 1, then send all the range header: Null and chunkload error files to them @ http://support.jdown...ckets&_a=submit if you think your ISP is limiting you the best way I can tell is try http://broadband.mpi...bttest-mlab.php[

At the moment back to full speed. I tried a VPN using jdownloader and rapidshare and slowed it down even more. I tried a vpn with utorrent and only went to 100kbps from 50kbps.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with 3bb changing from 8mb to 9mb.

Anything is possible with 3bb.

very happy for the moment after 8 very slow days.

Jdownloader is having problems with handling international connections, set max connections to 1, then send all the range header: Null and chunkload error files to them @ http://support.jdown...ckets&_a=submit if you think your ISP is limiting you the best way I can tell is try http://broadband.mpi...bttest-mlab.php[

jdownloader this morning is running perfectly with five connections and maxing out my connection.

I use to get a lot of errors you describe but has been very good for the last couple of months.

Went to 3bb yesterday and upgraded to 9mb. Have to wait till the end of the month when my payment is due and then change over.

Edited by Phil Conners
Fixed botched quote

I'm curious, are there any risk of reprisals DL movies in Thailand? I have heard that often torrents are blocked and I know many DD sites are (Rapid, Mega...). I realize that the selection for movies is not great here, but they are plentiful and at 30b - why bother with the fancy connections and hassles of P2P?

Sorry for the hijack

Maybe its just Fileserve and Filesonic, if you use those PM me and let me know more.

Jdownloader is having problems with handling international connections,

Huh?

Using it right now, downloading from RS (free user) at over 900KB/s.

I have 3bb 8mb and my max download on torrents is 50kbps and filesharing around 180kbps. Anything else around 950kbps.

3bb are throttling me as they told me I download too much. Sounds like they are throttling you too.

Anyone else?

I get 1.9 MB on tornets o 16 MB plan

Piracy aint cool captain jack, we are talking about getting the most out of what we pay for.

I'm curious, are there any risk of reprisals DL movies in Thailand? I have heard that often torrents are blocked and I know many DD sites are (Rapid, Mega...). I realize that the selection for movies is not great here, but they are plentiful and at 30b - why bother with the fancy connections and hassles of P2P?

Sorry for the hijack