Time Shares

what do you call a nightmare if it happens all day every day?

perhaps reincarnation does exist and if you have done something egregious, like say being a politician, then you must live your next life defending time share sales?

A nightmare would be riding around handing out scratchcards for a living, in my forties. In no way do i mean this as an insult to anyone but i'd really hate having to do that.

I'd add that i respect everyones right to earn a living but that said it should be done legally.

Edited by carmine

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suggest you explain that to Rob as he is the one that posted it.................when someone can answer and prove that the OPCs do not have work permits and are working illegally it may be worth going on with this thread but until then it just isnt worth it as posters keep shying away from that or coming up with news that is 10 years old or totally irrelevent

The news is not 10 years old it happened this month , if you bother to open the link , it might become clearer. Also it wasn't Rob that posted the removed article :lol:. Anyway I won't bother anymore, since you clearly are evading giving any answers.

I would expect more from a moderator...check previous posts, especially #74 by Rob, I think you will find what he has quoted is the removed quotes and is news that dates from 2002.....your link has no reference to working illegally and only states Phuket is having a clampdown...when a poster can prove that OPCs on Samui are working illegally without a valid work permit I will gladly answer anything.

I suggest you explain that to Rob as he is the one that posted it.................when someone can answer and prove that the OPCs do not have work permits and are working illegally it may be worth going on with this thread but until then it just isnt worth it as posters keep shying away from that or coming up with news that is 10 years old or totally irrelevent

The news is not 10 years old it happened this month , if you bother to open the link , it might become clearer. Also it wasn't Rob that posted the removed article :lol:. Anyway I won't bother anymore, since you clearly are evading giving any answers.

I would expect more from a moderator...check previous posts, especially #74 by Rob, I think you will find what he has quoted is the removed quotes and is news that dates from 2002.....your link has no reference to working illegally and only states Phuket is having a clampdown...when a poster can prove that OPCs on Samui are working illegally without a valid work permit I will gladly answer anything.

Expect more of a moderator? I don't understand , It really gets tiring hearing this as an argument, sounds like I will respect you in the morning lol. I am entitled to my opinion same as any other member, so please don't use that line on me.

The Phuket article specifically addresses the no WP issue , you can also refer to the other link I posted about people being conned.

As others have pointed out some operations are transparent & quite above board. But for you to be the sole Knight in shinning armour protecting all operators on Samui is a bit far fetched. There are rogues out there, there is a few that I doubt very much would have working permits ( perhaps the weekly under the table ones).

PS :If Rob used a post that was later deleted as reference, the post would have shown an edit & reason why.

But but post #74 is not Rob's , it's mine :D

Edited by Rooo
Added note.

HELP!!!........this thread has attracted just about everyone that is autistic when it comes to numbers/dates etc

Actually that is not very nice & it is considered flaming,

Now gently point your mouse to THIS. Please check dates. I have tablets to help you as a matter of fact :)

As of today, there is a rumor going around, backed by an employee that one of the MAJOR timeshare companies on Samui has from today Shut Down and closed all operations on Samui ...

good, maybe we can fan the flames a bit and get a real bonfire going...

One down ...... well maybe.

Anyone have any rough idea how many operate here? One I am familiar with, keeps asking me "do you speak English?" and I am ABSOLUTEly certain I know who they are.

well its not them guys seen them working 20 mins ago,marriotts still outside macd,s the only other i know is anaterra who work at the airport.

is there any others

As of today, there is a rumor going around, backed by an employee that one of the MAJOR timeshare companies on Samui has from today Shut Down and closed all operations on Samui ...

did the employee have a work permit? :unsure::D

Anyone have any rough idea how many operate here? One I am familiar with, keeps asking me "do you speak English?" and I am ABSOLUTEly certain I know who they are.

"only when convenient" + a good head fake gets them every time

well its not them guys seen them working 20 mins ago,marriotts still outside macd,s the only other i know is anaterra who work at the airport.

is there any others

the booth's where being taken away today, not to sure when Mcd's site will shut, but no salesman there now.... shame really , they where the more ' better ' companies....

is there any others

the booth's where being taken away today, not to sure when Mcd's site will shut, but no salesman there now.... shame really , they where the more ' better ' companies....

very good news. though the Mariot time shares are not ntoo bad. they do not chase people down the road the road tricky people. they have a sign saying time shares and they have some good deals.

i just don't like the poeple thsat trick people into thinking they have one something and end up either being conned or having a huge chunck of their holiday wasted

is there any others

very good news. though the Mariot time shares are not ntoo bad. they do not chase people down the road the road tricky people. they have a sign saying time shares and they have some good deals.

i just don't like the poeple thsat trick people into thinking they have one something and end up either being conned or having a huge chunck of their holiday wasted

Hey! Someone here said you were closing down. Glad to see not!

R

"only when convenient" + a good head fake gets them every time

Fake 'em with the but - head.

R

post-4665-0-22944600-1307558683_thumb.jp

post-4665-0-15268700-1307558768_thumb.jp

HELP!!!........this thread has attracted just about everyone that is autistic when it comes to numbers/dates etc

Actually that is not very nice & it is considered flaming,

Now gently point your mouse to THIS. Please check dates. I have tablets to help you as a matter of fact :)

Prescription or Non Prescription.....and do they definatly work

is there any others

Well, if thats the case, maybe they should have got on their mopeds and chased a few people up the streets asking if they spoke English...might still have a job then :D

is there any others

Well, if thats the case, maybe they should have got on their mopeds and chased a few people up the streets asking if they spoke English...might still have a job then :D

it is those people on bikes that have messed it up for all the legit agencies.

is there any others

i M NOT SURE THEY HAVE AN OFFICE just a motor bike. if they have an office then it would be hush hush place where people cannot go back and complain.

i got angry with some time share people ripping off tourists. i told them that they are being ripped off and they are trying to sell them time shares.

the frausters got very angry and told me to go away. " we r trying to work here ".

if being illegal and your work involves fraud then i hoep u r reasdy for the criminal world

Last year I was on a boarder run and got chatting to a guy who was working on the street selling time share he was about 30, with a shaved head and came from London. was a compete gobshite if you were talking to someone else about your black cat he would interrupt and rant on about his blacker cat. However from the fact he said he had to do the same run again in two weeks I am guessing he didn't have a wp.

• 2 weeks later...

found a man attacking ( verbally ) some tourists near Bandara. I was going to stop and warn these people but i was in a hurry.

They are still at large driving up and down under cover on motorbikes. looking for some lost tourists.

If the tourist police want to do something worth while then do the same dress up as lost forang and wait to be apporached then nick the a +++ b++++ste__ :unsure:

i M NOT SURE THEY HAVE AN OFFICE just a motor bike.

Then its not hard, no loss, not likely he's got a mobile credit card processor on him for the 3-20k membership fee.

if they have an office then it would be hush hush place where people cannot go back and complain.

Pretty sure the hard close is done by someone else than the scratch card people in a comforting environment.

i got angry with some time share people ripping off tourists.

Personally would not bother, you expect people to have some common sense before coming here (or anywhere), if not then so be it, what if these people were sat in the exit row during an emergency situation?? At the risk of starting an in depth flame war, dumb people pay for a lot privileges we have nowadays, some stuff you would not initially connect with (however grand your moral high horse), but no doubt one can link some of your lifestyle back to such people, but probably said too much already..

They occasionally annoy me like the people in Magaluf trying to get you into the bars but its quickly forgotten, anyone that doesnt need anger management then it is not a deterence for coming here (take a pick for the other 50 things, dare I say BKK Airways ;) )..

Edited by devdrinker

unreal to be offered i. e. by one promoter 300 years lease and by an other guaranteed return as high as nearly 9% in Koh Samui where the land can NOT belong EVER to any foreigner and if a couple Foreigner ( farang ) with Thai in case of death of the Thai wife the husband has to sell any property in THAI LAND.....investment and THAI Land can not mix for foreigner only for cow boys maybe if..........Phuket is in trouble though Samui is close behind can not be dissociated.

Charging the time or simili shares aggressive marketing.......mad.gif

Must be time for the periodic timeshare bashing brigade to get on their high horses..................bring it on :D

Sorry to disappoint you but i really don't have a problem with timeshare as such. Its your choice to take it or leave it. What i do loathe is the pathetic sales pitch of Brit gap year students calling me mate and asking me if i'm enjoying my holiday like they really give a toss, before they blatently lie to me about what they are selling.

However, i think many "legal" expat workers here have a problem with them working here "illegally" without "work permits" when most other people have to go through the correct procedures, which ofcourse costs money aswell for a "work permit" to work here "legally." Many also feel these people make life harder for those who take the time to abide by the law. Most i've met could'nt sell water to a dying man in the Gobi desert but thats another matter altogether.

Hows that for starters? :)

I suppose you also either work or have very close friends/relatives that work at the labour office and can confirm they do not have work permits......sorry to dissapoint you but all OPCs and Reps are issued with valid work pernits so they are in fact working legally..as for gap year students, that isnt exactly correct, think you will find most are long term residents with Thai connectins...wife/children

Oh yes silly me. All of those irritating knobs that pestered me on a daily basis last time i was on Phuket all had valid permits did'nt they. :D

The only thing that disappoints me is that they are so totally unprofessional. Their sales pitch is borderline retarded,

PS The everyones a winner....oh i can'tbelieve it you've won scratch card is gutt wrenchingly aweful btw.

Then its not hard, no loss, not likely he's got a mobile credit card processor on him for the 3-20k membership fee.

if they have an office then it would be hush hush place where people cannot go back and complain.

Pretty sure the hard close is done by someone else than the scratch card people in a comforting environment.

Personally would not bother, you expect people to have some common sense before coming here (or anywhere), if not then so be it, what if these people were sat in the exit row during an emergency situation?? At the risk of starting an in depth flame war, dumb people pay for a lot privileges we have nowadays, some stuff you would not initially connect with (however grand your moral high horse), but no doubt one can link some of your lifestyle back to such people, but probably said too much already..

They occasionally annoy me like the people in Magaluf trying to get you into the bars but its quickly forgotten, anyone that doesnt need anger management then it is not a deterence for coming here (take a pick for the other 50 things, dare I say BKK Airways ;) )..

i am sorry but i disagree. i have a legit business on thei island and what they are doing is a fraud. It is damaging for tourists who just want to enjoy the island and have a break from their stressful lives back home.

I will have a go at them and expose them. If the toursit still fall for the scam then at least they have herd both sides of the coin

as for an office. yes their is an office where they kid nap these people and take them to but it is not part of the sctrach card compaany company. the scratch card sceme is the trick to lower them into the time share office where the street seller gets commission for each person they bring in.

they get commission just for getting them to the offfice. then the commission goes up if the tourist buys the time share.

Tourists have enoguh to deal with with people ripping them off with taxis and jet skis. now they have to deal with their own kind. forangs trying to rip them off. it makes me sick. For our island that we have chosen to live it it is our responsablity to protect it.

specially from forang invaders. or everyone will suffer. just to what we can.

found a man attacking ( verbally ) some tourists near Bandara. I was going to stop and warn these people but i was in a hurry.

They are still at large driving up and down under cover on motorbikes. looking for some lost tourists.

If the tourist police want to do something worth while then do the same dress up as lost forang and wait to be apporached then nick the a +++ b++++ste__ :unsure:

I assume you would be happy with them nicking the Thai OPCs as well........???..also the Thai receptionists, accounting staff etc???

I assume you would be happy with them nicking the Thai OPCs as well........???..also the Thai receptionists, accounting staff etc???

i don't give a monkey's

Were you drunk when you posted this??

devdrinker,

"Personally would not bother, you expect people to have some common sense before coming here (or anywhere), if not then so be it, what if these people were sat in the exit row during an emergency situation?? At the risk of starting an in depth flame war, dumb people pay for a lot privileges we have nowadays, some stuff you would not initially connect with (however grand your moral high horse), but no doubt one can link some of your lifestyle back to such people, but probably said too much already..

They occasionally annoy me like the people in Magaluf trying to get you into the bars but its quickly forgotten, anyone that doesnt need anger management then it is not a deterence for coming here (take a pick for the other 50 things, dare I say BKK Airways )."

so devdrinker....

what you are saying is that if people are stupid then they deserve to be conned.I am sorry but stupidity is not a good enough reason to conduct fraud.

Edited by Rooo