Thai Police Arrest Wanted Germans On Fraud And Tax Evasion Charges

webfact

Thai police arrest wanted Germans

Thai police have arrested two German nationals who face arrest warrants in their homeland on fraud and tax evasion charges, media and diplomatic sources confirmed Friday.

Acting on a request from the German embassy, immigration police arrested Elmar Anton Schorosch, 50, and Ralf Dotterweich, 51, in separate raids on Monday, the Manager newspaper reported.

Schorosch was arrested in his home in Si Sa Ket province, 435 kilometres north-east of Bangkok, where he had been living for years with his Thai wife. He faces an arrest warrant issued by a Wuerzburg court for fraud.

Dotterweich, who faces an arrest warrant in Wuerzburg in connection with a 500,000-euro (724,000 dollars) tax evasion case, was arrested in Pattaya, a beach resort situated 100 kilometres east of Bangkok.

The two arrests were the latest of several involving German nationals wanted for crimes committed at home.

"Our cooperation with Thai immigration police has really improved over the past year," a German embassy source said.

Thailand's Immigration Police Chief Lieutenant General Wuthi Liptapallop took up his post last year with a promise to crack down on paedophiles and other foreign criminals and living in Thailand, once seen as a safe haven for expatriates fleeing criminal charges in their homelands.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-03

Schorosch was arrested in his home in Si Sa Ket province, 435 kilometres north-east of Bangkok, where he had been living for years with his Thai wife. He faces an arrest warrant issued by a Wuerzburg court for fraud.

Dotterweich, who faces an arrest warrant in Wuerzburg in connection with a 500,000-euro (724,000 dollars) tax evasion case, was arrested in Pattaya, a beach resort situated 100 kilometres east of Bangkok.

It's 570 km northeast of Bangkok. Is it possible that they both know each other? Both Arrest warrants were issued in Wuerzburg/ Bavaria, prison with swimming pool, weight rooms and free sex...........

One more reason for the locals to hate us..............

Does anybody know where this guy Schorosch used to live? :jap:

Edited by sirchai

Minor offences of that two men. I think some years ago the Thai police would have made no big effort to find or locate them.

I liked the more relaxed situation some years ago more. ;-)

But I remember, in the beginning of the 90is the -Man with the suitcase- he tried to buy his way in the Austrian Parliament with approximately a Million Dollar.

For that and some tax fraud he fled to Thailand, married Thai style and fathered a child, but the Thai authorities sent him to Austria.

That surely brought financial problems for his Thai family and the child.

The Thai authorities did not care. So maybe, the old times where also not so golden.

usually, there are separate prisons for man and woman.....

so, i think, the sex in Si saket was much more funnier.....(and really free)

Did you mean free without a condom? There's no free sex, but 250 baht at the rotfai might do the trick..............:jap:

usually, there are separate prisons for man and woman.....

so, i think, the sex in Si saket was much more funnier.....(and really free)

Sorry to pop your bubble I donot think there is any free sex you pay one way or the other. There-are-no-free-holies