Does Your Dog Amaze You

since we have had our dog a rescued alaskan marmalude he is turning out to be almost human,he has made freinds with everybody on our mooban,he talks to them in his own way,the only time he barks if he is threatened or anyone who covers their face[mask] he will fetch his leed when he wants to go out,he makes a fantastic footballer,he warns us of any danger,so far he warned us that a tarkap was on our drive,today i lit the bbq to smoke some bacon when the smoke started he contiued to bark loudly,this evening we were having dinner when he stated to bark,he was behind the poarch pillar so i couldnt see anything but when i stepped on to the grass he barked at me as if to say stay where you are then he made a beline towards one of our gates this is when i saw a 4ft snake leave our property our dog turned to me and sawardee me by sitting down and giving me his paw.he has been rewarded and he will continue to get our love.there must be some good stories to tell so i can read them and enjoy. mrs meat,mr meat and our best freind sam.

Any offspring available?

he is only 18months old but we are going to try and find out if the dog had any papers we can get in touch with the previous owner ,we know he cost over 20000bht and it would be a shame if is bloodline was not continued.there can be 50dogs all barking at the same time,he might only open one eye and look as if to say shut up.his temperament is impeccable

after over 2years without a good pork pie,gamon steak,black pudding i finally got some,on sat.i moaned about the wife eating half my pork pie,but to it got worse,breakfast today was gamon,fried bread,eggs and black pudding,only for my beloved dog to eat half,then this afternoon i sat down to enjoy a nice pork pie as the mrs said she didnt want any but lo and behold the flipping dog scofts half with tom.ketch,as he also loves pizza could he be a farang dog.

• 2 weeks later...

on the 12th of this month our dog picked 2numbers for the thai lottery [76] for the first time,these were the 2no,s on the black market,so lets see if he can repeat it,this time for 1st.july [57].

When one of the kids was out and about in the village one of our went to find her. Not sure who brought who back but it's nice that big dog looks out for the her and that she has that link with both the dogs.

On another occasion while walking the two big dogs, were were stopped by some aggressive neighboring dogs barking at us. To start with my two stood firm in between me and the other dogs then one moved to behind me, chicken I thought! Until I looked round to see that he was standing guard behind defending against some more dogs that had been attracted by the commotion. We walk 'lead-on' so faced off the aggressors by approaching them and holding the ground we gained, then walking on when we had staying in place long enough to show we choose where we go.

Funniest thing that occurs on our walks is guard dog that lives in an unoccupied shack for the guy that keeps cattle on the other side of the river. When we walk past on our side of the river we get barked at, one of mine will often take a swim in the river at random. A few times he has swam to the other side of the river, found a nice tree - scent marked it and then swim back. All the time being barked at but not reacting to it, I think it shows him as confident but not aggressive. (Although scent marking another's area is not a passive activity.)

My dogs are not perfect - we still have areas to improve. Limiting to urge to play with cattle when off lead is one.

on the 12th of this month our dog picked 2numbers for the thai lottery [76] for the first time,these were the 2no,s on the black market,so lets see if he can repeat it,this time for 1st.july [57].

he is human after all failed yesterday[no,s were 53/51] so the misses says he got to go,offers over 50million bht.

he is human after all failed yesterday[no,s were 53/51] so the misses says he got to go,offers over 50million bht.

sorry sale withdrawn,mrs meat says as long has she has me she dont need the money,she must be barking mad.

• 1 month later...

as our beloved dog has been staying indoors overnight,he creeps up the stairs in the morning and greets me or wife,we have an on suite bathroom so if one of us goes for a no2 he is watching,3times now we have found that he has had a p-ss against the toilet,so looks like we will have to get him to sit on the pot. and before you ask he hasnt used the toilet paper.

I have had 2 dogs that have had, to me anyway, an incredible ability to find their own way home. Current dog at 4 months to a 4th floor apartment - the other dog can get to the building only. He knows to drink water before going for a walk too and when I go out in the truck with them and I ask him to get back in the truck, he does a final pee! He knows he will not be scenting any more that day!

Many tourists come here for a one time holiday so they are new but he does not get suspicious, but if some thai is walking about the car park he will growl and bark!

Meatboy, what is your Malamut like off lead with other dogs?

there has been a few times when other dogs have come to him but his wolf like eyes seem to scare them off,we never walk him without him being on his lead,he has never been agressive to other dogs but he is very protective of the wife,and senses danger,only this morning he stopped and picked up the scent of something in a tree and barked which he only does to warn us,i went to have a look and he did sense danger kept barking,there was a snake up the tree.one thing he doesnt like is these flipping dogs that bark at him behind their fence,i have given him a yard or two slack on his lead they soon retreat.the most amuseing thing is the way he talks to everybody on our mooban[40houses] they all love him,but he does love women.[dont we all].

there has been a few times when other dogs have come to him but his wolf like eyes seem to scare them off,we never walk him without him being on his lead,he has never been agressive to other dogs but he is very protective of the wife,and senses danger,only this morning he stopped and picked up the scent of something in a tree and barked which he only does to warn us,i went to have a look and he did sense danger kept barking,there was a snake up the tree.one thing he doesnt like is these flipping dogs that bark at him behind their fence,i have given him a yard or two slack on his lead they soon retreat.the most amuseing thing is the way he talks to everybody on our mooban[40houses] they all love him,but he does love women.[dont we all].

We have a very fine specimen ex Soi dog the mother died and three month's later so did all the rest of the puppies. So she was on her own the G/L said maybe we could let it sleep in the garden. After a couple of day's I relented that was 6 month's ago now part of the family. Wont go on a lead but she does have a collar. Has never done anything in the house or garden ever. When it's walk/crap time she come's and ask's to got out. I have the hard job of pressing the remote for the gate and out she go's. If we go out walking to the shop's she plod's along with us wait's outside the shop till we have done whatever. If anyone go's up to her she roll's on her back to have her belly rubbed, all the kid's love her. When the G/L take's the little one to school on the M/C she run all the way with them, wait's while she does the school bit then run's all the way back, some 3.5km A bit like your Mar love's the female's. Wont eat anything dogie except bone's, eat's curry's no matter how hot, got the taste from going down the dustbin's before I suppose. But she will not stay in the garden or house if we all go out. She just sit outside the gate till we come home rain or shine, when she see's the car coming she run's to greet us strait to the front of the car then stop's run's round the car twice and then off back to the house, by this time the remote has done it's work and she's in before us. Then like your's she has to go and speak to everyone bloody hard to get out of the car sometime's. Just one problem if we want to go away for a few day's have to get a friend to stay to take care of her. Would I get rid of her not on your life, She's family.

We have a very fine specimen ex Soi dog the mother died and three month's later so did all the rest of the puppies. So she was on her own the G/L said maybe we could let it sleep in the garden. After a couple of day's I relented that was 6 month's ago now part of the family. Wont go on a lead but she does have a collar. Has never done anything in the house or garden ever. When it's walk/crap time she come's and ask's to got out. I have the hard job of pressing the remote for the gate and out she go's. If we go out walking to the shop's she plod's along with us wait's outside the shop till we have done whatever. If anyone go's up to her she roll's on her back to have her belly rubbed, all the kid's love her. When the G/L take's the little one to school on the M/C she run all the way with them, wait's while she does the school bit then run's all the way back, some 3.5km A bit like your Mar love's the female's. Wont eat anything dogie except bone's, eat's curry's no matter how hot, got the taste from going down the dustbin's before I suppose. But she will not stay in the garden or house if we all go out. She just sit outside the gate till we come home rain or shine, when she see's the car coming she run's to greet us strait to the front of the car then stop's run's round the car twice and then off back to the house, by this time the remote has done it's work and she's in before us. Then like your's she has to go and speak to everyone bloody hard to get out of the car sometime's. Just one problem if we want to go away for a few day's have to get a friend to stay to take care of her. Would I get rid of her not on your life, She's family.

precious, ours is our boy the wife has never had children he is her baby,i dont know if we could leave him to have a few days away,so he will have to come with us,he loves the car,goes with me on my 90day report.if you treat them right they become so loyal.

precious, ours is our boy the wife has never had children he is her baby,i dont know if we could leave him to have a few days away,so he will have to come with us,he loves the car,goes with me on my 90day report.if you treat them right they become so loyal.

Yes that's where the problem lie's going away. Hotel's don't have much of a choice. Mine wont go in the car anyway, well did once loved it but we went to the vet's for her Jab now she wont go near it. Sorted the Jab bit out the G/L now dose that at home. As I said she love's the ladies so we get the G/L sister to take care. Just one small problem with that she live's 400km away so we have to pre book her. Slightly off subject but just after we got her a Java Mynah bird flew into the house, still got him as well. As you will know they mimic everything the time's I've opened the gate to let the dog out and it's the bloody bird. Oh the joy's of being a pet owner.

[/]We have a very fine specimen ex Soi dog the mother died and three month's later so did all the rest of the puppies. So she was on her own the G/L said maybe we could let it sleep in the garden. After a couple of day's I relented that was 6 month's ago now part of the family. Wont go on a lead but she does have a collar. Has never done anything in the house or garden ever. When it's walk/crap time she come's and ask's to got out. I have the hard job of pressing the remote for the gate and out she go's. If we go out walking to the shop's she plod's along with us wait's outside the shop till we have done whatever. If anyone go's up to her she roll's on her back to have her belly rubbed, all the kid's love her. When the G/L take's the little one to school on the M/C she run all the way with them, wait's while she does the school bit then run's all the way back, some 3.5km A bit like your Mar love's the female's. Wont eat anything dogie except bone's, eat's curry's no matter how hot, got the taste from going down the dustbin's before I suppose. But she will not stay in the garden or house if we all go out. She just sit outside the gate till we come home rain or shine, when she see's the car coming she run's to greet us strait to the front of the car then stop's run's round the car twice and then off back to the house, by this time the remote has done it's work and she's in before us. Then like your's she has to go and speak to everyone bloody hard to get out of the car sometime's. Just one problem if we want to go away for a few day's have to get a friend to stay to take care of her. Would I get rid of her not on your life, She's family.

yeah I have a soi dog and because they have no breeding they are not intense and are very easy provided they are cared for. The Funny thing is that a lot of people in the west want an easy dog but they often do not think to get a mutt.

[/]We have a very fine specimen ex Soi dog the mother died and three month's later so did all the rest of the puppies. So she was on her own the G/L said maybe we could let it sleep in the garden. After a couple of day's I relented that was 6 month's ago now part of the family. Wont go on a lead but she does have a collar. Has never done anything in the house or garden ever. When it's walk/crap time she come's and ask's to got out. I have the hard job of pressing the remote for the gate and out she go's. If we go out walking to the shop's she plod's along with us wait's outside the shop till we have done whatever. If anyone go's up to her she roll's on her back to have her belly rubbed, all the kid's love her. When the G/L take's the little one to school on the M/C she run all the way with them, wait's while she does the school bit then run's all the way back, some 3.5km A bit like your Mar love's the female's. Wont eat anything dogie except bone's, eat's curry's no matter how hot, got the taste from going down the dustbin's before I suppose. But she will not stay in the garden or house if we all go out. She just sit outside the gate till we come home rain or shine, when she see's the car coming she run's to greet us strait to the front of the car then stop's run's round the car twice and then off back to the house, by this time the remote has done it's work and she's in before us. Then like your's she has to go and speak to everyone bloody hard to get out of the car sometime's. Just one problem if we want to go away for a few day's have to get a friend to stay to take care of her. Would I get rid of her not on your life, She's family.

yeah I have a soi dog and because they have no breeding they are not intense and are very easy provided they are cared for. The Funny thing is that a lot of people in the west want an easy dog but they often do not think to get a mutt.

I do hope your not calling my pedigree Soi Mar a MUTT. I'll let you know she would win something at Cruff's dog show. Not sure what maybe the brain dead of the year award but she would win it hand's down. Today I had to go out for a few hour's left the G/L doing the house work. On my return she told me what had happened. Seem's the Mar had gone into one, hair standing up on her back barking the bird had joined in as well. Out the G/L go's expecting to find a snake or something of that ilk. Spent several min: out there trying to find out the problem. Turn's out two week's ago we had put a new plaque on the out side of the house telling the house no: in Thai. Our very intelligent Mar thought it looked like a snake and was trying to eat it. Get a pedigree Soi Mar never a dull moment. Edited by fredob43

yesterday mrs meat complained her back was bad,i said it must be sleeping on the settee downstairs [2nights] while the dog sleeps in front of the telle.all the time he is listening to whats being said, he senses something is wrong.last night i took him out 10pm before bedding him down,the mrs goes to bed, as i said i will stay down with him,brought him in locked up but wheres the dog he had gone upstairs there he was couched up to the mrs in bed,he left room for me and thats where he stayed till 5.30, so it looks like no more sleeping downstairs.so looks like any hanki-panki will have to be done in private.:whistling: