Chiang Mai Car Window Tinting

JeffreyMcCollum

Tried this topic in the Auto forum with no luck.

I have a small car, like March, Jazz, Yaris, Vios, City.

Has anyone had theirs tinted and what was the price.

Any good shops anyone knows of or any shops to stay away from

The one shop I went to clearly was wanting to charge me double so I walked

I looked at quite a few places and the quality is not the same for the cheap places. Both of my cars were tinted at PPS on the way to the Airport Mall-from Hang Dong. Top notch work & you will pay a little more, but worth it. 100% will not allow you to see out at night!

I looked at quite a few places and the quality is not the same for the cheap places. Both of my cars were tinted at PPS on the way to the Airport Mall-from Hang Dong. Top notch work & you will pay a little more, but worth it. 100% will not allow you to see out at night!

Thanks, Have a booking there for tomorrow at 550 Bt a window

This may well be a dumb question, but do bigger windows count the same as smaller ones or are they all 500 baht?

:rolleyes: I have a Nissan March. When my Thai wife asked the price it was 4500, I went the next day and got 2,800 that I talked down to 2,600

That includes 4 doors. The back doors are really 2 windows, the ones that roll down and the part that does not. As well as the back window and 15cm at the top of the front window.

when you say large window I wonder what car or van that could be ? They have a list. For my car I think the price is good. On my Nissan NV they said 25 for just 2 doors and the small back window and I thought that was high after the march was 2600 for more than double the windows.

Let you know how the job works out.

This may well be a dumb question, but do bigger windows count the same as smaller ones or are they all 500 baht?

Any normal-sized windows count as 1 at my place :)

PPS Chiang Mai Accessories Did my tinting as well as add some extra lights and rain guards

They were ready for my appointment, did the job well, all the work I thought was top notch and explained everything in English to me and gave me all the paperwork I needed.

I would go there again, and my Nissan March was 2,800 Bt, but I got 100 Bt discount more

• 1 year later...

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but thought it might be of value to anyone looking for automotive solar film/window tinting....

Went there today, got all side windows and rear hatchback glass on a new Honda Brio done for 3000 B.

That was for the excellent 3M solar film, with 7 yr guarantee.

PPS on Hang Dong Road is a top notch outfit, and I will be back tomorrow to replace the squeaky little car horn with a Fiamm big rig truck horn.

thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Got the (reading the receipt) 3M FXR-35 film.

I recall it is about 57% visible light blockage.

7 yr guarantee, with a warranty card.

Doesn't noticeably change the external view of the car like the very dark tints, but makes a very marked difference in interior heat.

Visibility looking out seems very good, but I admit I don't do a lot of night driving, so jury is out on this issue.

Overall, I give this film a big thumbs up thumbsup.gif

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but thought it might be of value to anyone looking for automotive solar film/window tinting....

Went there today, got all side windows and rear hatchback glass on a new Honda Brio done for 3000 B.

That was for the excellent 3M solar film, with 7 yr guarantee.

PPS on Hang Dong Road is a top notch outfit, and I will be back tomorrow to replace the squeaky little car horn with a Fiamm big rig truck horn.

thumbsup.gif

How much did you pay for the horn, including the work? You know what car I have, but the horn sounds like a Brio wink.png

/ Priceless

I said Fiamm because that was the brand I was looking for.

It turned out that PPS stocked another, a Hella from Germany.

They demonstrated it for me before I bought it, in an employee owned vehicle.

Dual horn, 400 MHz/500MHz, sounds like an S600 Mercedes car horn with a very wide dispersal area. Designed for urban car use, where there is a lot of background noise. But it is not irritating or over the top- just an emphatic and authoritative horn.

Of course, I will use this new horn with discretion. A very short tap, only when needed.

Any more, the Glock 9mm's will come out of the gloveboxes...rolleyes.gif

The price was 950B, installed.

They gave me the Brio OEM car horn, which amazingly is a very beefy looking version of a motorcyle horn.

With a bit of fudging and Thai syle improvisation, Nat Honda on Huay Kaew Road installed my Honda Brio car horn on my Honda Wave 100.

Brilliant. thumbsup.gif

And my apologies to the OP and others for being a bit off-topic.

I said Fiamm because that was the brand I was looking for.

It turned out that PPS stocked another, a Hella from Germany.

They demonstrated it for me before I bought it, in an employee owned vehicle.

Dual horn, 400 MHz/500MHz, sounds like an S600 Mercedes car horn with a very wide dispersal area. Designed for urban car use, where there is a lot of background noise. But it is not irritating or over the top- just an emphatic and authoritative horn.

Of course, I will use this new horn with discretion. A very short tap, only when needed.

Any more, the Glock 9mm's will come out of the gloveboxes...rolleyes.gif

The price was 950B, installed.

They gave me the Brio OEM car horn, which amazingly is a very beefy looking version of a motorcyle horn.

With a bit of fudging and Thai syle improvisation, Nat Honda on Huay Kaew Road installed my Honda Brio car horn on my Honda Wave 100.

Brilliant. thumbsup.gif

And my apologies to the OP and others for being a bit off-topic.

Thanks a lot, McG! I'll be in to PPS tomorrow biggrin.png

/ Priceless