Thai Visa Should Clean Up Its Classifieds

bangkokburning

Every time I am poking around on the InternetS for condos I always com across TV ads that are way over priced or misleading. It's got to the point, I don't click on any of it.

List for sale, but really only lease

Hugely over priced properties

Information is misleading, incomplete out of laziness, omitted for purpose or simply untrue.

The use of "urgent" followed by a price that lacks all urgency

Sorry, you lost me, I just go to the Thai sites every time.

Edited by bangkokburning

It's not really TV's fault: if people choose to advertise things at silly prices it's up to them. Up to them also to ensure that descriptions are accurate. I dont think that a free small-ad site should sent a bloke round to check.

I don't click on any of it anymore but for a different reason, likewise most of my friends no longer use it, the new format only works sometime, very hit and miss affair..

OK it has been covered before on a post, for me and at least 20 others it is far easier to use a site that works without having to constantly change setting, even then it is still very hit and miss affair, feel sorry for people that try to sell something

I agree. I came across an advertisement for property, the "real" price sold was 2.6 m Baht. But the advertise is 8m Baht. This is confusing. For consumers, they will not have a right idea what is what. This is ridiculous and make it hard to deal anything with the Thais. Always paranoid.....and most of the time, those rate are " Farangs " rate!

It's not really TV's fault: if people choose to advertise things at silly prices it's up to them. Up to them also to ensure that descriptions are accurate. I dont think that a free small-ad site should sent a bloke round to check.

I don't click on any of it anymore but for a different reason, likewise most of my friends no longer use it, the new format only works sometime, very hit and miss affair..

Which part doesnt work for you? I dont seem to have any trouble viewing the ads.

Turn off your ad blocker and you can see the ads.

Sure, lots of use have done that, very hit and miss, sometimes some will appear, sometimes writing will appear, almost impossible for any pictures to appear..

Have tried with lots of diffident PC's, laptops and OS system and Browsers, find there is a much higher % show if using I.E.. I have no wish to use I.E. and can no longer be fussed to have to open I.E. and copy & paste..

Never a problem with the old format Classified, and bought a number of things.

Sure, lots of use have done that, very hit and miss, sometimes some will appear, sometimes writing will appear, almost impossible for any pictures to appear..

Ditto. I never ever get pictures anymore.

I use blocker :whistling: and I can always see the ads (set exception), that I find useful and I have used a 3-4 time to buy something (with success) and a couple of time to sell (without success)

So, an useful service.

and your ad blocker is off??

Yes

Have 1x PC on Win 7, 1x laptop on Vista, 1x laptop on XP.

Mostly use Chrome, sometimes Firefox and Safari all = same....

Hate I.E but most will open but can no longer be bothered to open I.E paste the link every time into I.E we live in 2011 not the 1970's

[site like Bahtsold have a new format never a problem]

Have friends with the above OS + a couple with Linux same problem, sure some friends will open no problem but there browser is I.E

Which part doesnt work for you? I dont seem to have any trouble viewing the ads.

Neither do I.

Perhaps, if the poster is using firefox, its an add on issue, restart ff with all addons turned off and see if the weird view persists.

OK gave it a go, only read your instructions wrong. :huh:

Turned them off on Firefox and re started PC.... now can not open Firefox at all ? via shortcut on in All programs, thankfully my main browser is Chrome.

No idea how to fix this, when I have time will look again or re download Firefox and simply forget about using the Thaivisa Classifieds... maybe one day will again be updated with something that works on everyone's PC/laptops

and your ad blocker is off??

Yes

Have 1x PC on Win 7, 1x laptop on Vista, 1x laptop on XP.

Mostly use Chrome, sometimes Firefox and Safari all = same....

Hate I.E but most will open but can no longer be bothered to open I.E paste the link every time into I.E we live in 2011 not the 1970's

[site like Bahtsold have a new format never a problem]

Have friends with the above OS + a couple with Linux same problem, sure some friends will open no problem but there browser is I.E

I have a win 7 laptop and an XP netbook and using chrome or firefox cannot replicate whatever problem you have.

I did say restart firefox. not the PC and it shouldn't shut down firefox. If you go to help on ff there is a little button that says restart with add-ons disabled....