• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Hi,, I was told at Kasikorn bank that if transferring to a bank within thailand then its no problem, but to make a transfer to a bank outside thailand then they told me I can only do this in person,, and each time I want to transfer I must attend the bank, although my wife (joint acc) can do on my behalf once there is a record of the transaction,, another thing they told me is they require a copy of the recipients passport to do this.. this was the branch manager of my bank that informed me of this,, but in LOS anyone can tell you anything and it would be correct I guess

:)

Yes, you can make an international transfer from K-Bank cyberbanking.

You can make a transfer to any bank account, not just your own

If you transfer funds to a European Union Country you're required to specify IBAN.

For the account name you are required to specify SWIFT or FEDWIRE. For transfer to UK you'll need the sort code as well.

More importantly in your case, you are NOT allowed to make an international transfer using authentication method PIN2.

Any more question just fire away.

If I want to transfer money from my KBank online to a Western bank account in my name is that possible?

If I want to transfer money from my Kbank online to a Western Bank account not in my name is that possible?

(I am not currently in Thailand)

The answer to your first question is yes, but if it's a foreign currency account expect to get screwed twice.

The answer to your second question is also yes, but you should check with receiving bank as many (as some banks and brokerages in the USA for instance) will not receive wire transfers accept from same named accounts.

As an aside, I would get shot of "K-Bank" at the earliest opportunity. In my 40 years of using banks on four continents it is the most incompetent bank I've ever done business with.

If you transfer funds to a European Union Country you're required to specify IBAN.

For the account name you are required to specify SWIFT or FEDWIRE. For transfer to UK you'll need the sort code as well.

More importantly in your case, you are NOT allowed to make an international transfer using authentication method PIN2.

Hi Forethat,, I appreciate this update as I wanted to make some regular payments to a UK bank, but was told I could only do physically at the bank as mentioned in my initial reply, i think i shall pay them a visit when i get home from work and get signed up for this K-bank Cyberbank that you mentioned,, one question, are you required to register the recipients in any way in person, or can everything be done online ?

thanks

Hi Forethat,, I appreciate this update as I wanted to make some regular payments to a UK bank, but was told I could only do physically at the bank as mentioned in my initial reply, i think i shall pay them a visit when i get home from work and get signed up for this K-bank Cyberbank that you mentioned,, one question, are you required to register the recipients in any way in person, or can everything be done online ?

thanks

You can add the recipients online.

What your branch manager told you is partially correct. Depending on the reason for the transfer you are required to provide some documentation unless the documents are not already with the bank (most account holders provide this information when they open the account). The valid reason for you to transfer funds out of the Kingdom would be "Remittance of Savings by foreigners working in Thailand", and for this you are required to provide the following documentation:

Work Permit Copy

Passport Copy

Financial Certificate from the employer

Remember that authentication method PIN2 is not valid when transferring internationally.

Edited by Forethat

Ok, thanks for the info, I guess I won't qualify as I don't have a work permit, although I quickly looked at the K internet website now and wonder whether my wife (same family surname) can set it up and make the transfer online and transfer regular payments to a family member in UK, I probably could get it sorted and set up something via my UK account, but to be honest if I could do the transfer from LOS it would be better for my personal situation.

thanks,

Every month I move excess (un spent) salary into my AUS bank account, I had to submit all the particulars of that account to K-Bank for approval, this took about 3 days but was then able to send money online from the comfort of my own home, takes about 2 hours for it to show up in the AUS account.