Kylie Minogue Live In Bangkok

webfact

Clear a path for Kylie

By Manta Klangboonkrong

The Nation

Kylie_Minogue_Cannes.jpg

Kylie Minogue - File photo

Source: wikipedia.org

Impact's getting kitted out with a fantastic stage, dizzying lights and acrobat trapezes for the marvellous Miss Minogue

Kylie Minogue - disco queen, dance-floor diva, icon for gays, breast-cancer survivor and perpetrator of some of the most elaborate stage productions this side of Las Vegas - is back in Bangkok next week.

The petite but ever-kinetic Australian dynamo is kicking off her Asian tour with a third visit to Thailand, bringing a US$25-million production and 300 costumes to choose from depending on how the mood strikes, plus state-of-the-art light and sound and lots of sexy back-up dancers.

The extravagant tour comes in the wake of her joyous, amorous and much-acclaimed 11th studio album, "Aphrodite".

"The show was conceived in 2009 when Kylie was touring the States for the first time," says Steve Dixon of the London-based production company Road Rage Group, in town to make sure Impact Arena can handle the heavy-duty production.

"She wanted something special and unique for her fans - she always does," says Dixon, who's also worked with Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey and Guns N' Roses.

Dixon sketched out Minogue's fantasy ideas, concepts that most other production people would have dismissed as impossible to stage. For him it was a challenge.

"My job is to work out from the aesthetic angle how things come together and go apart. The most important thing is that we cannot let the fans down. They spend their hard-earned money on tickets and they deserve the best we can offer.

"Kylie is very adamant and very hard-working. She's very concerned about her fans. What you see in Kylie is what she really is. She leaves the venue saying goodbye and thanking everyone by name, and she has dinner with the crew every night.

"She's also a great talent with a way to make you feel very close to her. In my entire career I haven't seen anyone else like her."

What is claimed to be the most complex and advanced stage ever created for an arena is part of a production involving a crew of 60, plus 16 dancers, a full band and a swarm of aerialists. The 43 tonnes of gear they're bringing takes eight hours to set up.

Dixon says setting up any stage at Asian venues is a lot more complicated than in the US, Australia and Europe.

"Because in the West most venues are similar, but in Asia they're all very different, and each requires a different technical approach."

We lucked out, though.

"The venue in Bangkok is very similar to many in the US, and it has a very strong roof for aerialists and the props that will hang down. So the show here is going be very much like ones in the US."

The sound system has been custom-made for this tour, with one of the music scene's best soundman in the booth, Dixon says.

"Our responsibility - and what Kylie wants - is to take the audience on an odyssey. This will be a different experience than X," he says, referring to the last tour, supporting her 10th album.

"I promise you a two-hour concert with the sexy Kylie Minogue and lots of other very sexy boys and girls onstage."

The Aphrodite Tour rolls on from here to Jakarta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taipei and Manila before shipping out to South Africa.

Meanwhile a stage musical is being developed based on Minogue's life and music. It's expected to be finished within 18 months ready for dual premieres in London and New York.

Girl's got fans!

"Kylie is the true showgirl and each concert is mesmerising with the beautiful costumes and stunning production details. She is a great talent and has this graceful enigma that draws us to her performance."

- Pop singer and "Queen of Dance"

Christina Aguilar

"I've been a fan since I was a little girl and I'm thrilled about this concert! I'm preparing the most comfortable shoes for this show because I know I'll be dancing the whole night. I admire not only her timeless hits and her charisma, but also her strength to overcome the hardships in life. She always stands out."

- Fashion model Cindy Jantzen

"All I can say is that Kylie is the Goddess of Pop!"

- TV host

Wuttithorn "Woody" Milintajinda

"Kylie is more than a dance-floor queen - she's a truly prolific artist who's stood the test of time since the '80s. Her fans' ages span the generations and her songs are still dominating the airwaves."

- DJ JJ of Eazy FM 105.5

"She is definitely 'the Madonna of England' and a fine example of a gifted artist who can bring the best of herself and the team to the stage. Kylie will not fade with time, but will continue to thrive and win even more fans."

- Thailand Fan Club member Parkorn Tiyajai

Grab a seat

<< See Kylie Minogue at Impact Arena in Muang Thong Thani a week from tomorrow, June 25.

<< Seats cost Bt2,000 to Bt6,000 at www.ThaiTicketMajor.com and (02) 262 3456.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-17

"She is definitely 'the Madonna of England' and a fine example of a gifted artist who can bring the best of herself and the team to the stage. Kylie will not fade with time, but will continue to thrive and win even more fans."

Fanclub Member who knows nothing about Kylie. She is as Australian as Kangaroos. Don't thais check facts before they publish something.

Yawn.

I haven't forgiven the Aussies yet for foisting Frank Ifield upon innocent Brits. 'I Remember You' , indeed I do. Recalled with horror.

Having fled the Sceptred Isle to avoid further assault and punishment on my aural facilities now this diva pursues me to LOS. Is there no refuge anywhere?

I thought the thai's liked thier entertainers young. Kylie is 43 yrs old and past it by Thai standards. I can't see your average thai being able to afford the 5,000 baht ticket cost (more than a months wages) I think comming to Thailand will send Kylie bankrupt there is absolutely no way she could recoup the cost of the show.

"I promise you a two-hour concert with the sexy Kylie Minogue and lots of other very sexy boys and girls onstage."

Made my day....................:lol:

Didn't they just have a crackdown on sex????? I

Fanclub Member who knows nothing about Kylie. She is as Australian as Kangaroos. Don't thais check facts before they publish something.

because "Neighbors" was doin' well in the UK . This guy might have seen her on English TV.

B5000 is worth watching especially her fixed boobs..... cancer?

a french BF's sponsor!!!!! don't worry...

Edited by dunkin2012

To give Parkorn the benefit of the doubt, perhaps what he was refering to, rather than her nationality, was her popularity and her rise to fame, which i think began in England, and where i think her biggest fan base remains.

To give Parkorn the benefit of the doubt, perhaps what he was refering to, rather than her nationality, was her popularity and her rise to fame, which i think began in England, and where i think her biggest fan base remains.

Her popularity started in England when they were watching the Australian soap nieghbours which was a big hit in pommie land. Well it is still a big hit there I believe and they still run tours in forrest Hill Melbourne for all the english tourists to visit the live set.

^ appears the international fame is UK-based.

You may have heard of the UK? It was 'big' back in empire days.

I had no idea she was such a big seller, but according to Wiki :

This is everything, or probably more than everything, you need to know.

She even has an OBE.

5 Grammy Award nominations (1 win)

Her debut album, Kylie (1988), and the single "I Should Be So Lucky", each reached number one in the United Kingdom, and over the next two years, her first 13 singles reached the British top ten. Her debut film, The Delinquents (1989) was a box-office hit in Australia and the UK despite negative reviews.

"Can't Get You Out of My Head" reached number one in more than 40 countries

Minogue has achieved worldwide record sales of more than 68 million,[2] and has received notable music awards, including multiple ARIA and Brit Awardsand a Grammy Award. She has mounted several successful concert tours and received a Mo Award for "Australian Entertainer of the Year" for her live performances.

She was awarded the Order of the British Empire "for services to music", and an Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2008.

In January 2007 Madame Tussauds in London unveiled its fourth waxwork of Minogue; only Queen Elizabeth II has had more models created.

In March 2010, Minogue was declared by researchers as the "most powerful celebrity in Britain". The study examined how marketers identify celebrity and brand partnerships. Mark Husak, head of Millward Brown's UK media practice, said: "Kylie is widely accepted as an adopted Brit. People know her, like her and she is surrounded by positive buzz"

Edited by genghis61

She was awarded the Order of the British Empire "for services to music", and an Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2008.

You have misunderstood. OBE - She was ordered Out of the British Empire.

Re the Froggie bauble 'French government guidelines provide that citizens of France must be at least thirty years old, respect French civil law, and must have, "significantly contributed to the enrichment of the French cultural inheritance."

Members are not, however, limited to French nationals. Recipients have included numerous foreign luminaries.

Good Grief. I'm now wondering if European States should follow Thailand's example and set up a Ministry of Mental Health. Will Germany award a Ritterkreuz to Vera Lynn? Didn't she top the UK album charts a couple of years ago? At the age of 92!!!

If you want to preserve your sanity please don't ,even for a nanosecond,,consider La Minogue still warbling at the age of 92.

Yawn.

I haven't forgiven the Aussies yet for foisting Frank Ifield upon innocent Brits. 'I Remember You' , indeed I do. Recalled with horror.

Having fled the Sceptred Isle to avoid further assault and punishment on my aural facilities now this diva pursues me to LOS. Is there no refuge anywhere?

But his punk rock version was cool. 'I Remember You -- You Bastard'.:whistling:

I thought the thai's liked thier entertainers young. Kylie is 43 yrs old and past it by Thai standards. I can't see your average thai being able to afford the 5,000 baht ticket cost (more than a months wages) I think comming to Thailand will send Kylie bankrupt there is absolutely no way she could recoup the cost of the show.

Kylie has a huge gay fan club. She began performing in gay clubs in England.

That is very true, the gay community seem to love her. Another very good reason for us straight people to stay away from her concerts. Leave her to them.

That is very true, the gay community seem to love her. Another very good reason for us straight people to stay away from her concerts. Leave her to them.

This forum hardly ever surprises me. When I saw this Kylie thread, I was wondering how soon the first anti-gay comment will come...and bingo !

So, Softgeorge, you think gay folks and straight folks cannot enjoy a concert together ?

Gees !

Jem

For the silly sour farts who have commented... ... A Number 1 in more than 40 countries proves she can sing... Acting - She was the star of a long lasting soap (Neighbors), I suspect there is more than a little acting talent too...

Regarding the Gay comments... So what if gay guys like her?. I'm going out on a limb here as it has never been the subject of debate by hazarding a guess that all of the hetrosexual guys I know would definitely be interested given the correct circumstances.... But if an ill-educated, splay toed, flat nosed monkey looker is more to the tastes of some of the negative posters who have commented who am I to argue?.

Regarding the "Madonna of England" comment - Atmos summed up the logic behind this rather well. Ignorant opinions to the contrary have made some of the softer posters appear somewhat dumb....

... A Number 1 in more than 40 countries proves she can sing...

Yikes! It's a thoroughly unimportant topic, of course, but that ranks up there with one of the most ridiculous comments I've yet seen on TVF (and the bar was awfully da*n high).

It was even more silly than suggesting that being the star of a successful soap opera means you have acting talent...

She's a a pretty god entertainer from what I saw of a concert on HBO a few years ago. Perhaps she's more than that in some people's opinion and I won't argue something so subjective even if i don't agree -- but commercial success doesn't prove or even strongly suggest musical talent; no offense intended but I didn't think there was anyone over 13 who believed otherwise.

... A Number 1 in more than 40 countries proves she can sing...

Yikes! It's a thoroughly unimportant topic, of course, but that ranks up there with one of the most ridiculous comments I've yet seen on TVF (and the bar was awfully da*n high).

It was even more silly than suggesting that being the star of a successful soap opera means you have acting talent...

She's a a pretty god entertainer from what I saw of a concert on HBO a few years ago. Perhaps she's more than that in some people's opinion and I won't argue something so subjective even if i don't agree -- but commercial success doesn't prove or even strongly suggest musical talent; no offense intended but I didn't think there was anyone over 13 who believed otherwise.

While never suggesting she is one of the greatest actors or singers to grace my screen, I'd tend to air on the side of a few 100 million people or so who believe her good enough to watch on TV, view in concert or buy her music.

Or to place this in a better perspective - Her Singing and acting talent's while not good enough to pass muster with our most esteemed Thai Visa posters are good enough to deserve the recognition she has earned over the years.

Perhaps while not up there with some of the greats a talentless baboon would not have reached the heights of stardom she has.

OR, is it that some posters are a little sour that they have not received the same opportunities in life? Do some posters believe that given the same set of circumstances they could have been famous and made millions? The point here is: Having the same set of circumstances would have to include being able to Sing and Act...

An Oxymoron.............By the simple fact that this thread exists, there exists the acknowledgment of her talents - Unless of course her notoriety has been earned from something other than Singing (and in some respects acting).

While never suggesting she is one of the greatest actors or singers to grace my screen, I'd tend to air on the side of a few 100 million people or so who believe her good enough to watch on TV, view in concert or buy her music.

Good enough to watch? Obviously that's a personal determination. The number of people who share your taste does not make it any more or less valid. And I think it objective FACT that a number one single does not "prove" talent. One need only know a bit about how records ar amde (especially these days) or better yet look at a list of Number 1 singles.

Or to place this in a better perspective - Her Singing and acting talent's while not good enough to pass muster with our most esteemed Thai Visa posters are good enough to deserve the recognition she has earned over the years.

As did that of the Spice Girls or Britney Spears or whoever...many a music critic would argue that they weren't particularly musically talented and many would agree with them.

Perhaps while not up there with some of the greats a talentless baboon would not have reached the heights of stardom she has.

Straw man: I haven't suggested she was a talentless baboon or anything even remotely like that.

OR, is it that some posters are a little sour that they have not received the same opportunities in life?

Uhmmmm...maybe? OR perhaps they just don't like her music and don't think she's an especially talented singer or actor.

Do some posters believe that given the same set of circumstances they could have been famous and made millions? The point here is: Having the same set of circumstances would have to include being able to Sing and Act...

An Oxymoron.............By the simple fact that this thread exists, there exists the acknowledgment of her talents

Are you sure you kow what "oxymoron" means? And the existence of this thread does not mean what you say it does. Not even close. It's here because she's relatively successful and famous and she's coming to Thailand.

[

quote name='softgeorge' timestamp='1308269750' post='4494047]

Sure she may have writtern some of her own music but so much of what she has done in her career is just copying what Madonna has done...

Madonna dated a bad boy, so Kylie copied.

Madonna wrote a book, so Kylie copied

Madonna started to wear less, so Kylie copied

Etc...

If it wasn`t for Neighbours making it big in England not many people would know who she is...

Edited by sillybilly